Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Urgent!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I posted this to FB this morning and i'm sharing it again here for those of you not on my friends list.

Quote:
***CALL TO ARMS***

I am sure most of you are aware of the current airlift effort happening in Afghanistan. What you may not know if that it is being executed by a smallish group of deployed maintainers and aircrew that are thousands of miles from home with limited resources. Food and water is plenty courtesy of the military, but it's not enough. They don't serve monsters and super high cal food in the dining facilities. Even getting to those facilities during a work day can be a challenge. These folks are working 14 hour days with no days off in 120° heat. They've reached out for support from stateside units for specific items such as energy drinks and as many calories as we can fit in them. A busy day in their location can see them burn through 5k calories a day. This humanitarian airlift they are executing would rival even Berlin in 1949. Amazon will ship to their location. Think monsters, jerky or anything a ground pounder can put in their backpack at the beginning of a shift and eat on throughout their day turning jets.

These people are my friends, brothers & sisters of the last 20 years. I've been there myself, even as part of that unit and for them to suck up some pride and ask for help... The situation must be both dire and extraordinary. I am a firm believer that those capable, are responsible. I'll be sending what I can with my own limited resources. An attached note, or words of encouragement will go a long way as well. It's not just their physical health that is being taxed.

I cannot divulge their locations but the APO address for the affected units are below. If you've been looking for a way to pitch in and support our troops, this is it. In the most direct way.

**Direct shipping from Amazon is best

Shipping address:

Maintenance guys:
Greatest Maintainers on Earth
8 EAMS
Unit 61233
APO, AE 09309-1233

Pilots:
C-17 Commander
816 AES
Unit 61236
APO, AE 09309-1236