All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

One of the many disappointments of the Wanny regime for me was the vanilla brand of defense that we served every Sunday from "Vanilla" Bates. He benefited from some very good players along that defense from JJ's drafts, but by December no one was fooled. I enjoy having coaches who can switch things up play to play, week to week, and have the players smart enough to execute the plan.

DolphinsWire (USA Today wrote:
Any time you hear the Miami Dolphins defensive coaches or players talk about the keys to their performance, “communication” is one of the first words that comes into play. The Dolphins do not run a simple defense and they ask a lot of their players from a recognition and recall perspective to make complex adjustments pre-snap to keep tight coverage on opposing offenses. 2020 was a great start in Year 2 under Brian Flores, but it was also last year; meaning the carryover for this upcoming season is limited at best. With a new starter at free safety and some new pieces of the puzzle elsewhere, the Dolphins don’t have the luxury of simply running it back.

Veteran safety Eric Rowe is encouraged by what two days against the Bears has provided.

“Defensive-wise from yesterday to today, we made progress. Especially in the back end, our communication. Yesterday we missed a couple checks. That’s why we have these practices against someone than our own color. It’s good for us to see what we need to work on. So from yesterday to today, I even saw progress even within myself,” said Rowe after Thursday’s practice.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... nications/

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]