All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It sounds to me that he will insert them in key situations. I definitely do not have a problem with this. They are fast and they are smart, and they can quickly flip-flop the advantage in our favor in field position.

Daniel Oyefusi (Miami Herald) wrote:
The first-year head coach was asked before the first of two joint practices with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers whether he would be “willing” to use wide receivers Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle or running back Raheem Mostert as returners. McDaniel deadpanned: “I’m willing to do anything at any given time at any given moment.”

Later asked in a follow-up question whether there was an open competition at the returner spots, McDaniel said: “There’s an open competition everywhere. Shame on me if I’m anointing for no reason. We have a lot of people that have the ability to return the ball in the punt and kickoff game. During the season we plan to utilize everyone that makes most sense for the team.

“Remember, special teams yards are yards. Same as defensive yards given up. Same as offensive yards gained. So, we’ll use our players to best move the ball down the field to score touchdowns or stop other people from moving it.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]