All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If Gesicki were a better blocker, signing him to a long-term contract would probably already be done. It is possible they see Gesicki as a slower receiver with great size and catching ability.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
“We tried to do 10 million reasons why he’s liked,” McDaniel said. “It’s important to talk to the player candidly. I talked to Mike earlier and said this is something that’s best for the Dolphins.

“I’m fortunate I don’t have to do this alone. Chris Grier can handle all the stuff that’s not coaching. Every player wants a longterm max contract. So here’s what we do: “We try day after day to get your game to the best of its ability so at the end of the year, Mike, you make that franchise tag look like a discount. That means you’ve been playing at a level that makes the Dolphins better that also improves your socio-economic status for the longterm.”

Regarding Gesicki’s game, McDaniel said: “Everybody knows his ball skills and range are outstanding. That [helps create] separation. He wants to attack blocking with a different severity than he ever has before. We’re fortunate and he’s fortunate that his position coach, John Embree, will settle for nothing less. Those are things he’s embracing. I’m excited to see how it looks.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]