All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The No Fun League actually has a reason for their interpretation of Rule 12.3.1.g. Hollins had better better jump very high if he's going to do it. The NFL has a "no touchy" rule when it comes to the goal posts after Jimmy Graham caused a delay after he knocked one off kilter following a goal post dunk years ago.

Hal Habib (Palm Beach Post) wrote:
Hollins, a Dolphins receiver, was flagged in practice last week after catching a touchdown pass and dunking over the crossbar.

Asked about it later, he said, “The rules says I can’t touch the goal post so that means I’ve just got to get my legs a little fresher and elevate the ball a little higher.”

That sounded like dangerous talk. See, the NFL is picky about its goal posts. Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, for example, was fined $12,500 last season after he dunked over a goal post.

So what gives? It turns out Hollins’ logic is totally, uh, fine (as in accurate). Despite what many believe, the NFL does not ban dunking over goal posts. And dunks do not violate celebration rules pertaining to the use of props. What the NFL does not tolerate: touching the goal posts.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 577652001/

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]