All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:53 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Seriously, this was never Fitzpatrick's team. I loved the guy as he was fun and very competivive, but this was Rosen's team and then it was Tua's team. He was just holding the ball. He had many chances to be "the man" throughout his career, but until the past two years he was too inconsistent with the ball. And, we are seeing that Chan was not the man for the job. I am glad we moved on from him.

PFT wrote:
“I have a ton of respect for [Dolphins coach Brian Flores], and we have a very good relationship,” Fitzpatrick told Robert Mays of TheAthletic.com. “But I thought it was a joke at first. We’re putting Tua in? I was floored. . . .

That was my team . . . I fought through the crap with those guys. I get the way that the NFL works. I get it. But to have it happen the way it did. . . .”

Fitzpatrick isn’t the only one who was surprised by the move. It also caught offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, who exited the job after the season, off guard.

“I was in total shock,” Gailey told Mays. “We didn’t even have a preseason. It was a totally new offense [for Tua]. We were just starting to hit our stride. We’d won two in a row and scored a bunch of points and moved the ball well. It came as a shock to me.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... agovailoa/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:40 am 

I thought Tua should have sat all last year and maybe all of part of this one. Let the youngins grow up a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:44 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
I thought Tua should have sat all last year and maybe all of part of this one. Let the youngins grow up a bit.

As you can tell from all of the negative Tua comments, some fans do not have the patience to allow a QB to develop.

I didn't mind him getting the reps. We were not going to the Super Bowl, and the experience helped him. It sure made him work his butt off this offseason.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:39 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He should have been floored. Tua showed nothing let alone beat out Fitz.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
He should have been floored. Tua showed nothing let alone beat out Fitz.

So you would rather waste beginner reps in a year we have a chance to compete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Starting Tua last year moved up this teams rebuild effort or at least moved us closer to being able to evaluate if he is our future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:18 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

Starting Tua also gave you a glimpse of what you have. With having another high draft pick this year they needed to see which way to ho.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I do not know if we will ever see the Tua that was lighting it up in Alabama pre-injury. He just does not seem to be the same player at all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Putting Tua in cost the Phins one game @ Denver. Fitzpatrick came back in and pulled a miracle to win @ Oakland. Tua played great against Arizona........maybe Fitzpatrick doesn't win that game. Plus there's a strong possibility Fitz would have put up one of his 5 interception games and lost a game won by Tua.

The 2 other Tua losses.....

Tua played well in the loss to KC, plus it was KC......I don't think Fitzpatrick wins that game. The 2nd loss was the beatdown @ Buffalo........Marino in his prime with Michael Vick's legs doesn't win that one.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]