All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Especially in a financially tight post-COVID season. I do hope we keep Grant, but Waddle does make him expendable. Still, do we really want Waddle returning punts while recovering from last year's horrific injury?

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
The Miami Dolphins’ most surprising move of the offseason — releasing linebacker Kyle Van Noy — was driven by one simple reality: He had no guaranteed money remaining on his four-year contract; that’s why he was released before his $12.5 million 2021 salary would have become guaranteed in mid-March.

And that brings us to this question: Will the veteran Dolphins who are due no guaranteed money this season — if they do not make the team — survive final roster cuts? I highlighted those whom I think will be cut. Thoughts?

That group includes one of the NFL’s top return men (Jakeem Grant), a reliable veteran who has started 27 games at tight end the past two seasons (Durham Smythe) and one of Miami’s special teams standouts (Clayton Fejedelem).

Others who are competing for roster spots and fall into that no-guaranteed-money category, according to overthecap.com, include receivers Robert Foster, Lynn Bowden, Malcolm Perry and Isaiah Ford; linebackers Elandon Roberts, Vince Biegel, Sam Eguaovoen, Calvin Munson and Shaquem Griffin; running back Patrick Laird, cornerback Jamal Perry and safety Nate Holley.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]