All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:09 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Long term this is a good move, but as Hunt said, he hasn't played guard since his sophomore year at Louisiana. It's going to be another learning curve for him this year, but I think he'll catch on fast. I really like this kid.

Joe Schad wrote:
Robert Hunt can play right tackle or right guard, but the Dolphins traded up in April to draft Liam Eichenberg, who is projected as a right tackle in the pros. And so even though Hunt says he can play all five positions, Miami's ideal offensive line probably has Eichenberg at right tackle, with Hunt sliding to right guard.

"This is going to be my first year playing guard since my sophomore year of college, if I do play it," Hunt said Tuesday. "We are all moving around. But it's football, at the end of the day, and I think whatever I am needed to do, I think my body will allow me to do it."

Hunt improved at right tackle as his rookie season progressed. Hunt enjoyed the responsibility of protecting Tua Tagovailoa's blind side. But many college scouts forecast Hunt as a potentially dominant guard in the pros.

Even Hunt's college offensive line coach, Rob Sale of Louisiana-Lafayette, believes Hunt can be a good pro tackle, but a "Pro Bowl guard." Hunt is 6-foot-6, 323 pounds. He is a massive and robust individual. And if he ends up at guard in 2021, he should really help improve Miami's run game.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/spo ... 605222002/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:03 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

I think he's a future all pro at RG. Maybe not this year, but he's got all the tools, and he's tough and plays a little nasty.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:02 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

k-dash wrote:
I think he's a future all pro at RG.

To dismiss the possibility that he can still be a bust after only one season is the height of arrogance. :haha

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]