Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Top position battles
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:19 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

I am most interested in seeing Wilson and Bowden. Wilson could be pretty electric if he is back to his pre-injury self, and the report out of camp was that this was the case. Bowden is also a playmaker, and he just needs a chance. With Wilson, Bowden, and Waddle, we have speed and playmakers that we haven't seen since the Smurf brothers, Duper and Clayton. Then add Parker, Gesicki, and Williams, and this group has potential to be dynamite in all areas of the field. Of course none of it will work without Tua being in command and making quick accurate passes. Those are his strengths, supposedly, so in this offense it looks to me like the pass should be used to set up the run. We do not have smash-mouth personnel. We have a passing offense and Tua needs to drive it.

Post subject: Re: Top position battles
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

prof123 wrote:
Wilson could be pretty electric if he is back to his pre-injury self, and the report out of camp was that this was the case.

Maybe. Until it’s high noon on a September Sunday afternoon, the cleats come back on and that small frame gets reinjured again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:34 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Add in Fuller to that group.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:48 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

vcu2000 wrote:

Oh, right! I guess I let my bias of not liking free agents made me forget about him.
This is an embarrassment of riches we have, but at least we will be able to withstand injuries at the position.

Waddle, Parker, Fuller, Wilson, Bowden, Williams. Other than Bowden, who hasn't proven it yet, all of these guys are starter material if healthy. Hurns, too. Someone is going to get traded.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I’m not holding my breath on a lot of these guys as last year most of them struggled to gain separation. Obviously that doesn’t include Waddle or Fuller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:39 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

vcu2000 wrote:

William Fuller in the house.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:56 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:
since the Smurf brothers, Duper and Clayton. Then add Parker, Gesicki, and Williams, and this group has potential to be dynamite in all areas of the field. Of course none of it will work without Tua being in command and making quick accurate passes.

You are right, lots of potential, but it's like having five Ferraris parked in your garage but no one to start them.

But enough about Tua, I think the moniker in Miami was the "Marks" Brothers. "Smurf" was what the Redskins' group was called decades ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:29 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:
since the Smurf brothers, Duper and Clayton. Then add Parker, Gesicki, and Williams, and this group has potential to be dynamite in all areas of the field. Of course none of it will work without Tua being in command and making quick accurate passes.

You are right, lots of potential, but it's like having five Ferraris parked in your garage but no one to start them.

But enough about Tua, I think the moniker in Miami was the "Marks" Brothers. "Smurf" was what the Redskins' group was called decades ago.

You are right, there is no point in arguing about Tua any more. His play on the field will settle the matter.

Yes, the Marks Brothers! Sheesh, how did I mix those two up? I have a picture with Mark Duper, my son, and me after a Dolphins game, when he invited us into his huge RV that he had in the parking lot. As for the Smurfs, I remember Charlie Brown, but there were two others. That was back in the 80s as well, right?

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]