All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:55 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

While it is based on Gailey's playbook, let's hope that these coaches are going to be around for a while to run it and to use it to the player's strength. Take off the kid gloves and let Tua throw it, but call plays to his strengths. Let's get a good running game established so that we can see what Rich here harps on : playaction.

Armando Salguero wrote:
“I feel like for the running backs that were here — myself, Pat [Laird], Salvon [Ahmed] — just kind of seeing the playbook, it has changed,” (Myles) Gaskin said. “It’s much different than last year’s but us being around [Studesville], we kind of see his offensive mind sitting in the room with him. You see his offensive mind kind of clicking, kind of moving, so I feel like me, Pat, Salv kind of have a good — not that we understood what it was going to be, but what it was going to look like, if that makes sense.”

The new offense is based on Gailey’s offense, with some changes. It’s Godsey’s and Studesville’s interpretation of last year’s offense.

“A lot of coaches call the same thing or have the same thing but just call it different wording around it especially when you’re watching film,” Gaskin said. “But it’s definitely different. It’s a whole new playbook. It’s not the same as last year’s, but it’s not — like I said, it’s still early, still picking it up.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]