All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:01 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think Phillips is really going to flourish in our system. We've been waiting for the next "Dan Marino" to lead our offense. We are also waiting for the next Jason Taylor (and Cam Wake) to lead our defense. Heck, we're also waiting for the next Zach Thomas, too.

Adam Beasley wrote:
UM used Phillips on defensive line in 2020, but the Dolphins list him as a linebacker — the position he played at UCLA before transferring. He expects to play all over the front seven for Miami, which is probably right.

Phillips is listed at 266 pounds — which makes him both the Dolphins’ youngest and heaviest player at his position group. And yet he ran a blistering 4.56-second 40 at his pro day, solidifying his place in the first round of the NFL Draft. (The Dolphins took him 18th overall.)

“They haven’t obviously told me a specific weight that they need me at yet,” Phillips said. “I think we’ll probably get into that as we do more body composition stuff and everything like that. For me, honestly, it’s just to be the weight that I feel the most comfortable in, both obviously being as heavy and sturdy as I can but also as fast as I can. I’m definitely comfortable where I’m at right now. I’m just trying to continuously lean out and get stronger.”

Phillips, to use a dated term, is a tweener. He joins a franchise that has had great success getting the most out of edge defenders who don’t fit a perfect role.

“I haven’t yet met Jason Taylor yet, but I’d definitely love to,” Phillips said. “He’s a legend. Definitely would love to pick his brain and get some advice from him whenever I can meet him.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:36 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I Know it is a few weeks old but for those who have not seen it. This guy I sub to on youtube has a nice take on our rookie. Hope you enjoy and he has other Dolphin pieces also. Take care

https://youtu.be/xQE3Q8G7UE0

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]