Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Starting O Line
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:07 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

According to Barry Jackson, the current thought is:

Austin Jackson - Solomon Kindley - Matt Skura - Robert Hunt - Liam Eichenberg

Of course everyone will get a chance to compete but that is what the brass has down on paper.

Post subject: Re: Starting O Line
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:14 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

There's going to be a lot of competition on the o line. Don't sleep on the 7th rounder and Robert Jones, the UDFA. Add in the vets on the roster and there will be some surprising cuts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

It's something we've needed to address for ages. Glad to have a shored up line with solid competition and backups.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:57 pm 

I'm hoping Dieter takes a step this year. I think Jesse Davis gets cut June 1.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:34 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Where does DJ Fluker fit in all of this?
Backup / rotational guy?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:39 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Coots wrote:
Where does DJ Fluker fit in all of this?
Backup / rotational guy?

Fluker and Jesse Davis have a lot of experience, and flexibility, so I think they will be valuable backups this year, and they will also see time if there are injuries or someone is struggling. Hopefully, though, if there is are any changes to the lineup Jammer gave it would be that Dieter supplants Skura at center, due to his good play. Then we would have a rookie, three 2nd year players, and a third-year player on our starting line. If they all progress, this bodes well for the next few years. I can't remember the last time we had the same starting lineup for a couple of years in a row.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:24 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:
I can't remember the last time we had the same starting lineup for a couple of years in a row.

If you ask Alan Page, he'll tell you, but since he isn't available, then, 1971 1972 1973....

....in case you were wondering.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:
I can't remember the last time we had the same starting lineup for a couple of years in a row.

If you ask Alan Page, he'll tell you, but since he isn't available, then, 1971 1972 1973....

Just reading between the lines a bit, I gather that you are comparing our offensive line to the Norm Evans, Kuechenberg, Langer, Little, and ... Moore? lineup of the early 70s? That might be a bit of a stretch, but I'm glad to you finally developing a sense of optimism about our roster.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:42 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:

Just reading between the lines a bit, I gather that you are comparing our offensive line to the Norm Evans, Kuechenberg, Langer, Little, and ... Moore? lineup of the early 70s? That might be a bit of a stretch, but I'm glad to you finally developing a sense of optimism about our roster.

HELL NO!! I'm not comparing anything on this team nor anything about these Dolphins or Dolphins of the last 4 decades to the Holy Grail of teams of the 70's.....that would be sacrilegious....anyone that enjoyed those years way back then would equally be offended.....no, the reason I listed those years was to give you some learning given your statement that you couldn't remember the last time we had the same starting lineup for a couple of years in a row.

That's not comparing, so either you are yanking chains or pushing buttons here or your reading comprehension for a rare moment took a sick day. What IT IS, is actually highlighting what a total crap job the Fins have done in almost half a century of returning to 70s glory.

You got that!? Right! And make sure it doesn't happen again!

Now, putting that insult of yours aside for a moment, I recognize that the line prospered not only of its own skills and ability but also from having a real running back, two actually, in Merc and the Great Zonk, a bright, composed QB in Griese who by the way called his own plays, and a guy named Paul Warfield, graceful and often impossible to cover, out there on the side.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:04 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:

HELL NO!! I'm not comparing anything on this team nor anything about these Dolphins or Dolphins of the last 4 decades to the Holy Grail of teams of the 70's.....that would be sacrilegious....anyone that enjoyed those years way back then would equally be offended.....no, the reason I listed those years was to give you some learning given your statement that you couldn't remember the last time we had the same starting lineup for a couple of years in a row.

That's not comparing, so either you are yanking chains or pushing buttons here or your reading comprehension for a rare moment took a sick day. What IT IS, is actually highlighting what a total crap job the Fins have done in almost half a century of returning to 70s glory.

You got that!? Right! And make sure it doesn't happen again!

Now, putting that insult of yours aside for a moment, I recognize that the line prospered not only of its own skills and ability but also from having a real running back, two actually, in Merc and the Great Zonk, a bright, composed QB in Griese who by the way called his own plays, and a guy named Paul Warfield, graceful and often impossible to cover, out there on the side.

I knew I could get you to use the word "sacrilegious!"

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

prof123 wrote:
carreramia wrote:
prof123 wrote:

After the crap show fans have been treated to for nigh on 30 years now, this team will have to light the flame of optimism in a fan base whose flames have been peed on for decades. This team has not won a playoff game for 21 years and has not been in a Super Bowl since the ‘84 season. Respect and glory are earned.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]