All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 21586
Location: Raleigh, NC
Kiper gave the Dolphins his 2nd best draft grade and Vinnie Iyer gave the Dolphins his best grade. It was a very quality draft for the Dolphins. I would say that most of the picks surprised us, but we could have 4-5 starters from this draft by 2022.

Mel Kiper (ESPN+) wrote:
Miami Dolphins: A

Top needs: DE, WR, OLB

The Dolphins came into this draft with an extra first- and-second-round pick (added a valuable 2023 first-rounder) and had clear needs to fill. They had to get some receiving help for Tua Tagovailoa. They needed a young, talented pass-rusher to put into their edge-rushing rotation. And if they are going to move Robert Hunt to guard full-time, they had to draft a potential starter at offensive tackle.

That's why I like what general manager Chris Grier did. Tagovailoa struggled as a rookie last season, but there should be no way he averages 6.3 yards per attempt again in 2021. The addition of No. 5 overall pick Jaylen Waddle (and free-agent signing Will Fuller V) means he now has multiple playmakers to run after the catch and to target on deep balls. Waddle was the fifth-ranked player on my board. Jaelan Phillips (18) is a silky-smooth edge rusher with the physical traits to average 10 sacks per season. As I wrote Thursday night, he likely would have been a top-10 pick if he didn't have an injury history.

I really liked their Day 2 haul as well. Jevon Holland (36) will compete to start at free safety. Liam Eichenberg (42) has a good chance to be their Day 1 right tackle in place of Hunt; he was a three-year starter at left tackle for Notre Dame. Tight end Hunter Long (81) is an awesome player who will compete as a blocker and catch a few passes up the seam. He's one of my favorites in this class, and he's a nice complement for Mike Gesicki, who had 703 receiving yards last season.

Grier didn't have any picks in Rounds 4, 5 or 6, but seventh-round pick Larnel Coleman (231) has a chance to stick on the team as a swing tackle. I thought he might go in Round 5.

Looking at this roster, I don't think it's far away from being a Super Bowl contender, and the Dolphins hit their major needs. The other major bonus is that they ended up moving down three spots from No. 3 after some maneuvering and picked up that 2023 first-round pick. This is a stellar class overall, and the AFC East is going to be a fun race in 2021.



TSN wrote:
1. Miami Dolphins - Grade: A

Draft picks: Alabama WR Jaylen Waddle, Miami EDGE Jaelan Phillips, Notre Dame OT Liam Eichenberg, Boston College TE Hunter Long, UMass OT Larnel Coelman, Cincinnati RB Gerrid Doaks

This was another great draft for Brian Flores and GM Chris Grier. Waddle keeps improving the big-play potential Around Tua Tagovailoa and Eichenberg should be his new starting right tackle. Long will help as a run blocker and additional receiver. Phillips will thrill Flores rushing the passer from several places in his front seven. Despite limited overall quantity, the quality was hard to beat with most key needs met.


https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... e3wg675rw8

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER
* Follow Phinfever on MeWee


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:13 am 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 3749
I remember reading that one of the analyst gurus said that we got 4 players with 1st round grades from their board in this draft. I wasn't surprised by the 1st round, but after that I was. Good talent nonetheless.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7261
I like the draft, I just think it could have been better with Pitts. Other than that I think Miami did well. Learned a little more on Long, and IMO Miami is not going to resign Gesicki unless this yr he turns into a Gronkish type TE.

At least they did bring in a big back from Cincy, so cross fingers that they turn him into a bell cow. He is big enough and looked nibble on the videos I've watched.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 21586
Location: Raleigh, NC

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER
* Follow Phinfever on MeWee


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:09 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 12627
Location: MA
I think draft grades are silly but I'm with you guys on liking the draft.

I still think Miami will find another back this summer to add to the stable.

Yes, it is possible they think Dieter can compete for the job. Sometimes guys need a year or two to figure it out. I know Jesse Davis has some experience there as well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:27 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2152
Dphins4me wrote:
I like the draft, I just think it could have been better with Pitts. Other than that I think Miami did well. Learned a little more on Long, and IMO Miami is not going to resign Gesicki unless this yr he turns into a Gronkish type TE.

At least they did bring in a big back from Cincy, so cross fingers that they turn him into a bell cow. He is big enough and looked nibble on the videos I've watched.


They got stupid with the trades and missed on Pitts. I knew Pitts and Chase would be gone at 6 and I was right. Waddle was not being mocked at 6. We will see who shines this year between Waddle and Smith. I am not excited about an edge rusher who medically retired from football in college and who has had multiple concussions. We could have had a feature running back to help ‘ol banjo arm out and get us yards when we need it. I have no idea why people want to jettison Gesicki who hauled in 6 TD’s and replace him with a player whose bio talks about his lack of physicality. If we needed a TE, he either had to be a receiving phenom or a great blocker. This guy seems like Gesicki lite. The offensive line pick makes a lot of sense....if all the shifting actually produces a solid unit. The back from Cincy is slow as molasses with no wiggle. Camp fodder.

Meanwhile NE sat pat and got a potential starting QB. Worse, they got Rhamondre Stevenson. He is a perfect fit for their rushing offense and will run all over us. Not happy to see him as a Patriot.

Charlie Casserly says all of our first 4 picks are first round talent and the Dolphins will be great. He probably has not seen a Dolphin game in years....


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 21586
Location: Raleigh, NC
Phinished wrote:
Meanwhile NE sat pat and got a potential starting QB. Worse, they got Rhamondre Stevenson. He is a perfect fit for their rushing offense and will run all over us. Not happy to see him as a Patriot.


Correction ... he will TRY to run all over us. My money is on Flores' defense.

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER
* Follow Phinfever on MeWee


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 6847
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Sonny Weaver Jr draft. New sheriff in town.
Whats that about KC being the next dynasty?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7261
Phinished wrote:

They got stupid with the trades and missed on Pitts. I knew Pitts and Chase would be gone at 6 and I was right. Waddle was not being mocked at 6. We will see who shines this year between Waddle and Smith. I am not excited about an edge rusher who medically retired from football in college and who has had multiple concussions. We could have had a feature running back to help ‘ol banjo arm out and get us yards when we need it. I have no idea why people want to jettison Gesicki who hauled in 6 TD’s and replace him with a player whose bio talks about his lack of physicality. If we needed a TE, he either had to be a receiving phenom or a great blocker. This guy seems like Gesicki lite. The offensive line pick makes a lot of sense....if all the shifting actually produces a solid unit. The back from Cincy is slow as molasses with no wiggle. Camp fodder.

Meanwhile NE sat pat and got a potential starting QB. Worse, they got Rhamondre Stevenson. He is a perfect fit for their rushing offense and will run all over us. Not happy to see him as a Patriot.

Charlie Casserly says all of our first 4 picks are first round talent and the Dolphins will be great. He probably has not seen a Dolphin game in years....

Right now. Gesicki is the better TE version of Brian Hartline. Has a couple of great games, yet disappears in far to many games. People can point to Tua, but his stats with Fitz were comparable to his stats with Tua. For a guy his size and with his speed. He should be putting up better numbers than he is. Lets also not act like Gesicki is physical, so we can bash Long.

Not sure what you are smoking or maybe just being a Debbie downer. Doaks runs a 4.5 40 @ 230Lbs. May not be a barn burner, but its certainly not slow as molasses.

For the record Rhamondre Stevenson ran a 4.6. So why are you drooling over him and bashing Miami's pick? All the talking heads love Miami's draft, yet you are acting like they just drafted pond scum. Is it because he comes from a school that did not get the press?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:48 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2152
Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:

They got stupid with the trades and missed on Pitts. I knew Pitts and Chase would be gone at 6 and I was right. Waddle was not being mocked at 6. We will see who shines this year between Waddle and Smith. I am not excited about an edge rusher who medically retired from football in college and who has had multiple concussions. We could have had a feature running back to help ‘ol banjo arm out and get us yards when we need it. I have no idea why people want to jettison Gesicki who hauled in 6 TD’s and replace him with a player whose bio talks about his lack of physicality. If we needed a TE, he either had to be a receiving phenom or a great blocker. This guy seems like Gesicki lite. The offensive line pick makes a lot of sense....if all the shifting actually produces a solid unit. The back from Cincy is slow as molasses with no wiggle. Camp fodder.

Meanwhile NE sat pat and got a potential starting QB. Worse, they got Rhamondre Stevenson. He is a perfect fit for their rushing offense and will run all over us. Not happy to see him as a Patriot.

Charlie Casserly says all of our first 4 picks are first round talent and the Dolphins will be great. He probably has not seen a Dolphin game in years....

Right now. Gesicki is the better TE version of Brian Hartline. Has a couple of great games, yet disappears in far to many games. People can point to Tua, but his stats with Fitz were comparable to his stats with Tua. For a guy his size and with his speed. He should be putting up better numbers than he is. Lets also not act like Gesicki is physical, so we can bash Long.

Not sure what you are smoking or maybe just being a Debbie downer. Doaks runs a 4.5 40 @ 230Lbs. May not be a barn burner, but its certainly not slow as molasses.

For the record Rhamondre Stevenson ran a 4.6. So why are you drooling over him and bashing Miami's pick? All the talking heads love Miami's draft, yet you are acting like they just drafted pond scum. Is it because he comes from a school that did not get the press?


Stevenson is bigger and I watched him a lot this year, shifty and sets up blocks well. He is nasty and finishes runs. Soft hands too, but under utilized as a receiver at OU. Sooners play much better competition than Cincinnati. Doaks is a 7th rounder for a reason.

I see no immediate need to piss away a pick to snag a 3rd round TE who sounds not much different from Gesicki. My guess is this is a money game here and we will take less production for less money when we let Gesicki walk to save a dime. Also, if we wanted a TE, then why not Pitts at 3?

I do not think we needed another burner at WR who is most likely to gain separation on deep patterns that Tua just is not excelling at. I would rather have that guy that separates right away and gives Tua that easier short throw to make....that was Devonta Smith’s forte. Pitts would have been sweet too, but Grier outsmarted himself on that one.

Phillips has some huge red flags with injuries/concussions. Why not Paye instead?

I like the OT move. IF the line shuffling actually works out, then it might have been our best pick of the draft. The Holland pick was nice, but really not our biggest area of need and extremely frustrating after watching Denver move up to steal Williams. We had draft capital to move up....and would not have had to if we had taken a RB at 18.

Really felt we missed great opportunities to get a quality feature back and a center in the massive form of Creed Humphrey. Instead we got a safety which was not a huge area of need and a risky edge pick vice a starting feature RB.

I have decades of frustration watching the Phins drafting poorly and trading away the best players they draft. I will be the first to say how great this draft was and how wrong I was about it if the Phins get that boost from these guys and get a playoff berth, but I just don’t get a warm fuzzy from prognosticators once again telling us we won the offseason. I still remember when acquiring Culpooper and guys like Joey Porter made us a Super Bowl contender in the offseason, but a laughingstock when the games were actually played. Or how about that money for Howard and his 31 yards? Or all those free agent moves that cost a bundle to play for us for one year?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7261
Phinished wrote:
Stevenson is bigger and I watched him a lot this year, shifty and sets up blocks well. He is nasty and finishes runs. Soft hands too, but under utilized as a receiver at OU. Sooners play much better competition than Cincinnati. Doaks is a 7th rounder for a reason.

I see no immediate need to piss away a pick to snag a 3rd round TE who sounds not much different from Gesicki. My guess is this is a money game here and we will take less production for less money when we let Gesicki walk to save a dime. Also, if we wanted a TE, then why not Pitts at 3?

I do not think we needed another burner at WR who is most likely to gain separation on deep patterns that Tua just is not excelling at. I would rather have that guy that separates right away and gives Tua that easier short throw to make....that was Devonta Smith’s forte. Pitts would have been sweet too, but Grier outsmarted himself on that one.

Phillips has some huge red flags with injuries/concussions. Why not Paye instead?

I like the OT move. IF the line shuffling actually works out, then it might have been our best pick of the draft. The Holland pick was nice, but really not our biggest area of need and extremely frustrating after watching Denver move up to steal Williams. We had draft capital to move up....and would not have had to if we had taken a RB at 18.

Really felt we missed great opportunities to get a quality feature back and a center in the massive form of Creed Humphrey. Instead we got a safety which was not a huge area of need and a risky edge pick vice a starting feature RB.

I have decades of frustration watching the Phins drafting poorly and trading away the best players they draft. I will be the first to say how great this draft was and how wrong I was about it if the Phins get that boost from these guys and get a playoff berth, but I just don’t get a warm fuzzy from prognosticators once again telling us we won the offseason. I still remember when acquiring Culpooper and guys like Joey Porter made us a Super Bowl contender in the offseason, but a laughingstock when the games were actually played. Or how about that money for Howard and his 31 yards? Or all those free agent moves that cost a bundle to play for us for one year?

Stevenson is bigger, by a pound and an inch. So its not like he greatly larger. If Stevenson was so awesome, he would not have been a 4th Rd pick.

Correct there is not an immediate need. Its a future need because Gesicki contract is up. You are acting as if Gesicki is a stud and teams are scared of him. He is an avg. TE. 6 TDs is not OMG territory for a TE.

Another burner? Who are you speaking about Grant ( Can't catch ) Fuller ( One yr deal and is always hurt ) Tua will be fine on the deep pass. He did not have anyone to throw it too. He hit Grant perfectly and watch it fall to the ground.

This is the issue. Center is a need, but not a great one. Miami is covered this yr with their FA signing. Miami had a great draft.

No I am not happy about not getting Pitts. However, if Waddle turns into what is expected, I'm not going to be upset.

I do not recall anyone calling Miami SB contenders because DC & JP.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2152
Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Stevenson is bigger and I watched him a lot this year, shifty and sets up blocks well. He is nasty and finishes runs. Soft hands too, but under utilized as a receiver at OU. Sooners play much better competition than Cincinnati. Doaks is a 7th rounder for a reason.

I see no immediate need to piss away a pick to snag a 3rd round TE who sounds not much different from Gesicki. My guess is this is a money game here and we will take less production for less money when we let Gesicki walk to save a dime. Also, if we wanted a TE, then why not Pitts at 3?

I do not think we needed another burner at WR who is most likely to gain separation on deep patterns that Tua just is not excelling at. I would rather have that guy that separates right away and gives Tua that easier short throw to make....that was Devonta Smith’s forte. Pitts would have been sweet too, but Grier outsmarted himself on that one.

Phillips has some huge red flags with injuries/concussions. Why not Paye instead?

I like the OT move. IF the line shuffling actually works out, then it might have been our best pick of the draft. The Holland pick was nice, but really not our biggest area of need and extremely frustrating after watching Denver move up to steal Williams. We had draft capital to move up....and would not have had to if we had taken a RB at 18.

Really felt we missed great opportunities to get a quality feature back and a center in the massive form of Creed Humphrey. Instead we got a safety which was not a huge area of need and a risky edge pick vice a starting feature RB.

I have decades of frustration watching the Phins drafting poorly and trading away the best players they draft. I will be the first to say how great this draft was and how wrong I was about it if the Phins get that boost from these guys and get a playoff berth, but I just don’t get a warm fuzzy from prognosticators once again telling us we won the offseason. I still remember when acquiring Culpooper and guys like Joey Porter made us a Super Bowl contender in the offseason, but a laughingstock when the games were actually played. Or how about that money for Howard and his 31 yards? Or all those free agent moves that cost a bundle to play for us for one year?

Stevenson is bigger, by a pound and an inch. So its not like he greatly larger. If Stevenson was so awesome, he would not have been a 4th Rd pick.

Correct there is not an immediate need. Its a future need because Gesicki contract is up. You are acting as if Gesicki is a stud and teams are scared of him. He is an avg. TE. 6 TDs is not OMG territory for a TE.

Another burner? Who are you speaking about Grant ( Can't catch ) Fuller ( One yr deal and is always hurt ) Tua will be fine on the deep pass. He did not have anyone to throw it too. He hit Grant perfectly and watch it fall to the ground.

This is the issue. Center is a need, but not a great one. Miami is covered this yr with their FA signing. Miami had a great draft.

No I am not happy about not getting Pitts. However, if Waddle turns into what is expected, I'm not going to be upset.

I do not recall anyone calling Miami SB contenders because DC & JP.


“... The team failed to improve on their 9–7 record in 2005, and they finished the season 6–10 after being hyped by some to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, and saw their coach Nick Saban abandon his contract to coach college football for the Alabama Crimson Tide, despite saying repeatedly that he would stay in Miami.”


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 21586
Location: Raleigh, NC
Pete Prisco gives the Dolphins an A. When it comes to the Dolphins he isn't always easy to please. Hopefully in 3 years we aren't saying, "But everyone gave us an A for the 2021 draft".

Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) wrote:
Miami Dolphins: A
Best pick: First-round receiver Jaylen Waddle will give them a Tyreek Hill-type of threat in the passing game. He was their guy as the top receiver on their board, and they got him.

Worst pick: I like second-round safety Jevon Holland, but I would have gone with Trevon Moehrig in that spot. Again, that's nitpicking.

The skinny: I love their draft. Chris Grier did a great job, starting with Waddle and adding a lot of quality players after that. The key will be how well edge Jaelen Phillips, their second first-round pick, shows up in the pass rush. Getting a right tackle in Liam Eichenberg was big, too.


https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pris ... orst-trio/


And also ...


_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER
* Follow Phinfever on MeWee


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 6940
Location: Delray Beach, Florida


Zach Wilson looks like a poster boy Jet. Just based off that reason alone I’m a little...just a little concerned.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27119
Location: Miami, FL
It's funny, these experts are usually giving us a C and the fans are super-excited. This year it seems the other other way around.

"The Dolphins addressed needs and provided playmakers for Tua. They got four 1st round quality guys in this draft" - Generic Draft Analyst

"The Dolphins didn't do exactly what I thought they should have done. Grier will be fired by the end of the year!!!" - Generic Dolphins Fan

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 6847
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
I agree about Wilson. NY will eat him up and spit him out. Him and Tua are backups on different teams in 5 years.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 7994
Rich wrote:
It's funny, these experts are usually giving us a C and the fans are super-excited. This year it seems the other other way around.

"The Dolphins addressed needs and provided playmakers for Tua. They got four 1st round quality guys in this draft" - Generic Draft Analyst

"The Dolphins didn't do exactly what I thought they should have done. Grier will be fired by the end of the year!!!" - Generic Dolphins Fan


Nailed it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:03 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Posts: 1298
Wait....are you guys claiming no one values my completely unqualified opinion about a subject I have absolutely no insider professional knowledge about?

Say it isn't so.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7255
Location: El Paso, TX.
AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
It's funny, these experts are usually giving us a C and the fans are super-excited. This year it seems the other other way around.

"The Dolphins addressed needs and provided playmakers for Tua. They got four 1st round quality guys in this draft" - Generic Draft Analyst

"The Dolphins didn't do exactly what I thought they should have done. Grier will be fired by the end of the year!!!" - Generic Dolphins Fan


Nailed it.


Second that.

_________________
RIP Tom
RIP Tone


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 5299
Location: Anchorage, AK
For the record, I loved every pick in real time. Even the trade for next year's 4th.

P.S. Guess it's time to update my sig...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:02 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2152
Big Dave wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Meanwhile NE sat pat and got a potential starting QB. Worse, they got Rhamondre Stevenson. He is a perfect fit for their rushing offense and will run all over us. Not happy to see him as a Patriot.


Correction ... he will TRY to run all over us. My money is on Flores' defense.


Why? Where did we address rushing D so far?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27119
Location: Miami, FL
Phinished wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Meanwhile NE sat pat and got a potential starting QB. Worse, they got Rhamondre Stevenson. He is a perfect fit for their rushing offense and will run all over us. Not happy to see him as a Patriot.


Correction ... he will TRY to run all over us. My money is on Flores' defense.


Why? Where did we address rushing D so far?


They signed John Jenkins and traded for Benardrick McKinney. Both are capable run defenders.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 846
Rich wrote:
They signed John Jenkins and traded for Benardrick McKinney. Both are capable run defenders.


Jaelen Phillips sets the edge pretty well, too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 846
https://twitter.com/RNBWCV/status/13888 ... 69/photo/1


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 6940
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Ski_Money wrote:
P.S. Guess it's time to update my sig...


Blasphemy.

Let the sun continue to shine baby.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 21586
Location: Raleigh, NC

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER
* Follow Phinfever on MeWee


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:36 am 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Posts: 1298
And 2 of the 7 were 7th Rounders.

Interesting.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:21 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Posts: 1298
I think that's highly reflective of having 5 picks in the top 80 vs. 5 picks in the top 150 like everyone else.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 7994
Maybe putting last year's records next to them would help too


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r