Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
... Jeremiah isn’t convinced that Harris is the best back in the draft; he has Williams ahead of Harris and Etienne.

Jeremiah said Williams is “just like [Browns running back] Nick Chubb, and when you watch him you see it. When you talk to the coaches at North Carolina — they have some coaches there that have come from Georgia — and they say that the similarities [with Williams and Chubb] are eerie,

What about Etienne and Harris by comparison?

Jeremiah said Harris is “230 pounds, has balance and can bang inside but can also get involved in the pass game. Etienne is maybe a little bit undersized but has big-time juice, big-time speed.

“Williams kind of gives you a little bit of everything. He’s 220 pounds, but he has big-time burst and he’s got really good vision,

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... 05028.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Draft one of these guys, please. Not picky.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:56 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

I'd honestly take any of the 3, may seem like a way out of picking one but it isn't. I like them all for what they are.

BUT, you have to have an o-line to run behind so, regardless of who they pick, hopefully our line is better thisy year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Oh how I would love Najee Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson added to our backfield. Added to Brown, Gaskn and Ahmed....boy woukd that be some depth. If your line could run block, Tua would not have th throw very far or very often.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:32 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

So, Kiper/McShay has them all 3 of them gone by pick 35 in the draft. I think UNC's Williams will be there by the Dolphins pick 36. I really think the Dolphins will mix it up with an offensive and a defensive player in the first round, and I think they'll try to get Williams in the 2nd round. BUT, what do I know as I'm not a fly in the Dolphins war room. I'm just trying to get into Grier and Flores' head about team balance.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ Here’s how Pro Football Focus sized up the top backs:

Williams (ranked 53rd among all prospects) “has rare contact balance. His 76 broken tackles on 157 carries this past season produced easily the highest broken tackle rate we’ve recorded for a single season. Not even 21 years old, Williams is still an ascending player.”

Harris (ranked 65th among all prospects) “had an incredibly productive Alabama career with rushing grades of 91.8, 89.8 and 90.1 the past three seasons. He also established himself as one of the best receiving backs in the country, with only three career drops on 83 catchable targets.”

Etienne (ranked 66th among all prospects) “with 4.4 speed, is one of the best home run threats at the position in recent college football history. He racked up 85 runs of 15-plus yards in his Clemson career. He also reinvented himself in the passing game as his career went on and led all backs in the country with 588 receiving yards in 2020.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:27 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I like Harris the best. To me, he's the most instinctive, most patient, and most cerebral. Plus he's gifted physically. He reminds me a lot of Le'veon Bell, as a player.

A real offensive weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:01 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

k-dash wrote:
Draft one of these guys, please. Not picky.

I have been watching some highlights of Williams, and I'm impressed. If the choices were Williams at 36 or Harris at 18, I think I'd take Williams. This clip doesn't even show some of his more vintage runs, where he completely runs over defenders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpBWRbGmTJc

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:15 pm 

Travis Winfield had a guy from USA Today sports on his podcast to break down the RB class. He has Williams first in this class and says it's not close. Hmmm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]