All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:19 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here are two teams who have inquired about the overall #4 pick. I hope the trade does not go to the Cowboys. Cowboys have the overall #10 which is far more valuable than the Redskins #19 pick, so, the Skins better put together a really good package.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football ... /headlines

NBC Sports Wire wrote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is "infatuated" with Florida's Kyle Pitts and could trade up to draft the Florida tight end.

Add this to the storied history of Jones becoming fixated on an explosive offensive weapon in the weeks leading up to the NFL Draft. Dallas, which now has the tenth pick in the draft, would likely have to part ways with their 2022 first rounder -- and more, perhaps -- to acquire the Falcons' No. 4 spot and draft Pitts, who would join an offense jam packed with talent. If Pitts lands in Dallas, he would have an outrageously high average draft position in seasonal leagues.

NBC Sports Wire wrote:
The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports the Washington Football Team could "unload all their picks" to move up in the NFL Draft and select North Dakota State's Trey Lance.

"I think they love Lance. I don't think, I know Washington loves Lance," Lombardi said on a recent GM Shuffle Pod. "I think they're willing to go get him." The Football Team trading away a bunch of picks to move into Atlanta's No. 4 draft spot would upend the entire draft, changing plans for most teams outside the top five or six selections. Lance in Washington would hardly be ideal for Terry McLaurin, as the Football Team would most likely operate a run-heavy offense centered on Lance and Antonio Gibson. Even if he gets the Week 1 gig, Ryan Fitzpatrick could once again be usurped by a rookie if Washington lands Lance.

NBC Sports Wire wrote:
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Orlando Ledbetter reports Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot and head coach Arthur Smith are now "aligned" on what to do with the fourth pick in the NFL Draft.

Smith and Fontenot were reportedly not in agreement with how to handle the No. 4 pick. They seem to have worked out their differences, though we still have no idea whether they'll trade the pick for a king's ransom or use it to draft a QB or Kyle Pitts. Smith reportedly believes Matt Ryan has some good years left in the tank, indicating Smith might be opposed to drafting Ryan's heir apparent this spring. A passing attack headlined by Calvin Ridley, Julio Jones, and Pitts would be frightening.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:31 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Pitts or Chase, Chase or Pitts. I will be thrilled to get either. Given that Gesicki is soon to be a free agent and the wide gap between Pitts and most other tight ends, I suppose I prefer Pitts, so I hope Washington swaps places with Atlanta if they want a QB. On the other hand, Chase has more game-breaking ability to score from anywhere, and we haven't had that at WR for quite some time, so an argument can be made for him, too.

I just have a feeling that both will be gone by #6, with Fields or Lance dropping, and we'll be left with Javonte Smith or Waddle (not bad consolation prizes).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:43 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Given that the WR class is loaded, what do you guys think about Sewell if Chase and Pitts are gone? and then either getting one of those WRs at 18, and then the RB in the second round (even trading up a little from the 2nd if needed). Or even grab Harris at 18 and grab an athletic WR afterwards.

From the start, WR, OL, and RB have been the three main priorities imo. The next may be pass rusher since we traded away a productive DE, but we also have a lot of young guys that they may figure will step up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:26 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

marc23 wrote:
Given that the WR class is loaded, what do you guys think about Sewell if Chase and Pitts are gone? and then either getting one of those WRs at 18, and then the RB in the second round (even trading up a little from the 2nd if needed). Or even grab Harris at 18 and grab an athletic WR afterwards.

From the start, WR, OL, and RB have been the three main priorities imo. The next may be pass rusher since we traded away a productive DE, but we also have a lot of young guys that they may figure will step up.

If they think Sewell will be Richmond Webb, then I would be fine with that. But, if there is any doubt that he isn't a once-in-five-years prospect, then I'd rather draft WR. I am reading a lot of very good things about Slater, too. It would just be too early to pick him at #6. If Sewell, a QB or two, Smith, Waddle, and Slater are all on the board at 6, and Pitts and Chase are gone, then I'd get on the phone with Denver and try to trade down to 9, where we could still get one of those other guys. Ideally, I'd like to get OL, RB, WR, and Edge or LB in the first 50 picks, but most of the guys I want aren't going to make it to #50. So, maybe a trade down from 6 would give us ammo to trade up from 50. Here are guys I think we should consider at each spot, and they wouldn't be reaches. Most of them probably aren't going to be available at the listed spot, but some players always slide, and in my ideal world we take advantage of those slides rather than reach for someone we fell in love with. But, this isn't how Grier does things, so I am ready to be disappointed.

6: Chase, Pitts, Sewell, Smith (slight reach, but still acceptable)
18: Harris (RB), Waddle (WR), Slater (OL), Bateman (WR), Parsons (LB), Paye (Edge), Owusu-Koramoah (LB)
36: Toney (WR), Marshall (WR), Javonte Williams-slight reach (RB), Zavin Collins (LB), Jaelan Phillips (Edge), Humphrey (C), Tevin Jenkins (T), Etienne (RB)
50: Javonte Williams (RB), Trey Smith (G), Wyatt Davis (G), Landon Dickerson (C), Jabril Cox (LB), Ronnie Perkins (Edge), Elijah Moore (WR)

So, what four players could we grab from these slots?
Pitts, Harris, Phillips, Davis (fantastic!)
Chase, Paye, Williams, Trey Smith
Sewell, Bateman, Williams or Etienne, Perkins
Smith, Parsons, Humphrey, Williams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

prof123 wrote:
marc23 wrote:

If they think Sewell will be Richmond Webb, then I would be fine with that. But, if there is any doubt that he isn't a once-in-five-years prospect, then I'd rather draft WR. I am reading a lot of very good things about Slater, too. It would just be too early to pick him at #6. If Sewell, a QB or two, Smith, Waddle, and Slater are all on the board at 6, and Pitts and Chase are gone, then I'd get on the phone with Denver and try to trade down to 9, where we could still get one of those other guys. Ideally, I'd like to get OL, RB, WR, and Edge or LB in the first 50 picks, but most of the guys I want aren't going to make it to #50. So, maybe a trade down from 6 would give us ammo to trade up from 50. Here are guys I think we should consider at each spot, and they wouldn't be reaches. Most of them probably aren't going to be available at the listed spot, but some players always slide, and in my ideal world we take advantage of those slides rather than reach for someone we fell in love with. But, this isn't how Grier does things, so I am ready to be disappointed.

6: Chase, Pitts, Sewell, Smith (slight reach, but still acceptable)
18: Harris (RB), Waddle (WR), Slater (OL), Bateman (WR), Parsons (LB), Paye (Edge), Owusu-Koramoah (LB)
36: Toney (WR), Marshall (WR), Javonte Williams-slight reach (RB), Zavin Collins (LB), Jaelan Phillips (Edge), Humphrey (C), Tevin Jenkins (T), Etienne (RB)
50: Javonte Williams (RB), Trey Smith (G), Wyatt Davis (G), Landon Dickerson (C), Jabril Cox (LB), Ronnie Perkins (Edge), Elijah Moore (WR)

So, what four players could we grab from these slots?
Pitts, Harris, Phillips, Davis (fantastic!)
Chase, Paye, Williams, Trey Smith
Sewell, Bateman, Williams or Etienne, Perkins
Smith, Parsons, Humphrey, Williams

Jabril Cox started out at NDSU and he was a sensational player. His transfer left a gap for us at LB that was certainly felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]