All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:47 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I love Pitts as well, and he would be a great fit for Tua as he loves to throw to his tight ends. Funny thing is that there is a logjam of tight ends on the roster in Mike Gesicki, Durham Smythe, Adam Sheehan, new FA signing Cethan Carter (3 year), and Chris Myarick (PS candidate again). Locks are Gesicki, Smythe, and Carter for 2021, so, drafting Pitts would make this group much better.

PFF wrote:
Miami Dolphins: TE Kyle Pitts

The Dolphins’ decision to trade back up to the sixth overall pick after initially trading down with San Francisco to 12th overall indicates that they have their sights set on one of the elite, blue-chip talents in this year’s draft. While that could be a tackle like Sewell or a wide receiver like Chase, it could also be Pitts — a player who many believe to be the best non-quarterback in the draft.

Yes, Miami already has Mike Gesicki on the roster at tight end. If that keeps them from drafting Pitts, they’re missing the point on the former Florida Gator. He can step in and immediately be the team’s best X receiver. That’s how talented he is as a receiving threat coming off a 96.2 overall grade in 2020.

Gesicki isn’t a true tight end, either. His 68.8% of routes run from the slot last season were more than any other tight end in the league with at least 250 routes. There is room for both Gesicki and Pitts on the field. Pitts’ addition would give Miami a very talented receiving corps when including DeVante Parker and Will Fuller V at wide receiver. We should also note that Gesicki is set to become a free agent next offseason.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl ... -nfl-teams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:29 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Big Dave wrote:
I love Pitts as well, and he would be a great fit for Tua as he loves to throw to his tight ends. Funny thing is that there is a logjam of tight ends on the roster in Mike Gesicki, Durham Smythe, Adam Sheehan, new FA signing Cethan Carter (3 year), and Chris Myarick (PS candidate again). Locks are Gesicki, Smythe, and Carter for 2021, so, drafting Pitts would make this group much better.

PFF wrote:
Miami Dolphins: TE Kyle Pitts

The Dolphins’ decision to trade back up to the sixth overall pick after initially trading down with San Francisco to 12th overall indicates that they have their sights set on one of the elite, blue-chip talents in this year’s draft. While that could be a tackle like Sewell or a wide receiver like Chase, it could also be Pitts — a player who many believe to be the best non-quarterback in the draft.

Yes, Miami already has Mike Gesicki on the roster at tight end. If that keeps them from drafting Pitts, they’re missing the point on the former Florida Gator. He can step in and immediately be the team’s best X receiver. That’s how talented he is as a receiving threat coming off a 96.2 overall grade in 2020.

Gesicki isn’t a true tight end, either. His 68.8% of routes run from the slot last season were more than any other tight end in the league with at least 250 routes. There is room for both Gesicki and Pitts on the field. Pitts’ addition would give Miami a very talented receiving corps when including DeVante Parker and Will Fuller V at wide receiver. We should also note that Gesicki is set to become a free agent next offseason.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl ... -nfl-teams

Didn't he run a 4.45 forty? That is sick for a man his size. As noted above, it would also allow us to be more flexible with Gesicki after a year. While I like each one of the "Big 4", my preference at this point is Pitts. Then Chase, Waddle, and Smith (due to size concerns only), in that order.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:45 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

prof123 wrote:
Didn't he run a 4.45 forty? That is sick for a man his size. As noted above, it would also allow us to be more flexible with Gesicki after a year. While I like each one of the "Big 4", my preference at this point is Pitts. Then Chase, Waddle, and Smith (due to size concerns only), in that order.

He's going to be outstanding. Here's my order:
1. Chase
2. Pitts
3. Smith
4. Waddle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

1. Pitts
2. Smith
3. Chase
4. Waddle

I put Smith ahead of Chase simply because I believe Smith is better able to create separation. Our current receivers have struggled mightily in creating separation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:32 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

While I think they all have the potential be be very good, I think our WR position needs more help, which is why I would draft Chase or Waddle over Pitts. if we already had a couple of top talent WR on the roster, then I would go Pitts. Parker & Fuller been injury prone, so I think we really need to go WR.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]