All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:35 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Most players were against it, but the NFL gets what they want. So, the preseason shrinks to 3 games, and the season increases to 17 games.

Pro Football Talk wrote:
NFL owners have approved a 17-game schedule for the 2021 season and that means each team now has a new opponent on their schedule.

The 17th game will be an inter-conference game each season and teams the conferences will alternate hosting duties. The AFC will host the games in 2021 and they will feature matchups of teams that finished in the same spot in their division during the 2020 season.

Giants at Dolphins.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -schedule/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Of course the players are against more games. I’m with the NFL. This is the job we are paying you for. If you don’t like it go play soccer [SOCCER BALL]️ or rugby
They compromised by axing a preseason game. Sounds fair enough to me. I’d liked if they added an extra bye week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Of course the players are against more games. I’m with the NFL. This is the job we are paying you for. If you don’t like it go play soccer [SOCCER BALL]️ or rugby
They compromised by axing a preseason game. Sounds fair enough to me. I’d liked if they added an extra bye week.

The more games they play though, the better excuse they have to get “rehabilitated” by a masseuse.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The current 16 game schedule is pretty straight forward:

- 6 games within division
- 4 games with a rotating division in same conference.
- 4 games with a rotating division in the other conference.
- 2 games with the opponents finishing in the same place for the other 2 same conference divisions.

Now you rotate another inter-conference matchup and not have play with the other 2 inter-conference divisions? Sounds like the NFL will use this as an excuse to get to 19 games to include the other 2 inter-conference divisions.

With more games, there will likely be greater emphasis on player safety......i.e. more flags and more I don't understand what's going on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:02 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IMO, they should expand the regular season to 19 games and reduce the number of preseason games to 2. Since each team plays all their interconference games against one division in the opposite conference, the extra three games can be against opponents in the other divisions in that conference that finished in the same spot as you. This way, teams will play at least one opponent in every single division in the league. Using the Dolphins 2020 results and 2021 schedule as an example. They are playing the NFC South in 2021 for their interconference games. They finished second in their division, so the three additional interconference games would be against the Bears, the Giants and the Rams.

For the grind of the extra three games, teams should get 2 bye weeks, a 65 man roster, and up to 15 players on the practice squad. This will push the Super Bowl into President's Day weekend giving the east coast fans their long desired national holiday the day after the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:50 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

17 . Still not enough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
17 . Still not enough.

We need more opportunities to be disappointed in our season and a longer wait till the offseason where we will celebrate having won the offseason free agency and draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]