All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:53 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I did 'Mando a disservice with this as I picked & merged paragraphs to keep it short, but you'll have to go to the article to get the full picture. What "wows" a "big is better" person like me when it comes to NFL talent is the thought of a 6'4" safety. 'Mando also notes that he saw several other GMs here rather than at the Michigan State, Mississippi State, USC or Virginia Pro Day going on at the same time. Very interesting.

Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) wrote:
And it’s curious because two of South Carolina’s best three potential picks are cornerbacks -- Jaycee Horn and Israel Mukuamu. But here’s the thing: If Grier was present to see Horn there’s a bigger story afoot because the Dolphins definitely don’t have a need at cornerback that they’re likely to fill with a first- or second-round pick.

So maybe Mukuamu was the target. He’s played cornerback but also seems to profile as a safety -- perhaps a strong safety -- in the NFL. And why? Because he measured at 6-foot-4 and 212 pounds. He has 80 3/4-inch wingspan and vertical jump of 36 1/2 inches.

And with Tampa Bay and Las Vegas also on the 2021 schedule, Miami is likely to see Rob Gronkowski and Darren Waller next season. So lining up with a 6-4 defensive back that can run with tight ends, such as Mukuamu, could be Miami’s answer to the matchup nightmare.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

And, as far as Horn is concerned ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Dave, I was just about to start a thread on this.

Tony Pauline said last night that Miami intends to address CB in the first three rounds this year.

We also know that Xavien Howard is barking about more money.

Miami has not been shy about quickly ridding themselves of underwhelming free agents.

What if they intend to trade Byron Jones? A pre June 1 trade would save $7 million against the cap (about $8 million in dead money). Some of that money could be used to give Howard a raise and maybe Bobby McCain is brought back to his natural slot CB role.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I would not be surprised if X is traded next year and I hope he has an all pro year this year.

Having his replacement in house would be nice.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]