Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:26 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deshaun- ... llegations

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:41 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Keep in mind that this is what the disciplinary committee recommended. The final decision rests with Fidel Goodell.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Ridiculous, and I believe women still do not get a fair shake in this country. Even if it were a one game suspension I would not want a sexual predator on the team, especially in the leadership role.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:29 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Ridiculous, and I believe women still do not get a fair shake in this country. Even if it were a one game suspension I would not want a sexual predator on the team, especially in the leadership role.

An 11-minute audio clip that features Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill and his fiancée, Crystal Espinal, discussing their three-year-old son's broken arm and how to deal with the police investigation was released by KCTV5 on Thursday.

In the clip, Espinal asks Hill why their son said, "Daddy did it," in regards to their son's broken arm. At one point, Hill tells Espinal, "You need to be terrified of me, too, b----."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:32 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

It's a happy ending in Cleveland!

Too soon?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:46 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

shularino wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

An 11-minute audio clip that features Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill and his fiancée, Crystal Espinal, discussing their three-year-old son's broken arm and how to deal with the police investigation was released by KCTV5 on Thursday.

In the clip, Espinal asks Hill why their son said, "Daddy did it," in regards to their son's broken arm. At one point, Hill tells Espinal, "You need to be terrified of me, too, b----."

We should cut him immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lots of bad folks in the NFL. The worst are in Ownership and NFL Management.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:13 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Keep in mind that no arrests were made and the police closed the case due to lack of evidence. That played well for Watson. If he was actually charged but then had the charges dropped after settling those lawsuits, then he probably would've gotten a year.

I'm hearing that Goodell is considering adding more games but Watson is ready to fight that tooth and nail. The league will probably just have to bite their tongue on this one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:30 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The League wants Watson to play. If you are ethical and willing to speak out.......you won't have a job under Goodell.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:

Hill and Adrian Peterson should team up in Wakanda…not rayciss, just jokes. It’s a cultural thing. Some Africans & African Americans will never adjust to how the west perceives women should be treated…I’m indifferent on it. I never really saw Hill until he came over here in the off-season but he never came off as intelligent to me. He jumps from podcast to podcast like a 12 year old seeking attention.

Bro…you are earning Brinks bucks…lay low, put your head down & play football because guess what he’s gonna do when/if situations in Miami turn sour…turn all of his praise and vocal optimism into piss and vinegar on all these dumbass podcasts and the fanboys will act like women scourned.

Hill is a cornball & Watson is a creep show. Let the games commence!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:21 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Keep in mind that no arrests were made and the police closed the case due to lack of evidence. That played well for Watson. If he was actually charged but then had the charges dropped after settling those lawsuits, then he probably would've gotten a year.

I'm hearing that Goodell is considering adding more games but Watson is ready to fight that tooth and nail. The league will probably just have to bite their tongue on this one.

This was never going to trial, simply because its " He said, she said "

With this many women, there is no way there is not a fire.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:22 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

shularino wrote:
The League wants Watson to play. If you are ethical and willing to speak out.......you won't have a job under Goodell.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The NFL has appealed the ruling and Goodell himself will decide who hears the appeal.

EDITED TO ADD

Reports are coming out that the NFL is asking for an indefinite suspension with a minimum of one year. NFLPA has come out saying that if that's what the NFL is asking for, they plan to file suit in federal court.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
shularino wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The NFL has appealed the ruling and Goodell himself will decide who hears the appeal.

EDITED TO ADD

Reports are coming out that the NFL is asking for an indefinite suspension with a minimum of one year. NFLPA has come out saying that if that's what the NFL is asking for, they plan to file suit in federal court.

Let's see if this is legitimate or a PR effort by the NFL Owners. In 2014, Goodell watched a video of Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend out cold, drag her body out of an elevator and try to force her to get up to avoid attention. His first decision was a 2 game suspension.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:37 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

shularino wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
shularino wrote:

EDITED TO ADD

Let's see if this is legitimate or a PR effort by the NFL Owners. In 2014, Goodell watched a video of Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend out cold, drag her body out of an elevator and try to force her to get up to avoid attention. His first decision was a 2 game suspension.

This is a PR move by the NFL that is going to backfire. Whatever clout they gain now they will lose when it comes time to bargain for a new CBA.

And the players union is dead serious about taking this to court. If Goodell doesn't respect the arbitration process, then why even bother with it??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

shularino wrote:

I'm not sure the video was released at that point.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:46 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
This is a PR move by the NFL that is going to backfire. Whatever clout they gain now they will lose when it comes time to bargain for a new CBA.

And the players union is dead serious about taking this to court. If Goodell doesn't respect the arbitration process, then why even bother with it??
Factually could get Watson on the field Game 1. NFLPA ask the suspension be suspended while the suit progresses. If granted then he will be able to play Game 1.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They will settle on 10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:34 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

You just can't make this crap up. Wow.

Cleveland, New Home of Deshuan Watson, Is Hosting the National Massage Therapists Convention This Month

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

Only in Cleveland. Written like a South Park episode.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:07 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Dphins4me wrote:
shularino wrote:

I'm not sure the video was released at that point.

It wasn't released. After seeing the video, Goodell increased his two game suspension to indefinite. Rice never played in the NFL again.

Stuff like that has to stop. You can't have one man with unlimited power making those kinds of decisions.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:15 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

BUMP

NFLPA just cut a deal with Goodell to increase Watson's suspension to 11 games. He also will be fined $5 million and must undergo sex offender counseling and a psychological evaluation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
BUMP

NFLPA just cut a deal with Goodell to increase Watson's suspension to 11 games. He also will be fined $5 million and must undergo sex offender counseling and a psychological evaluation.

I believe Miami plays them week 10.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:52 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

still not enough.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:08 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

k-dash wrote:
still not enough.

I think Goodell overstepped his bounds and both sides agreed to this to avoid litigation... litigation that the NFLPA would've easily won. When the CBA expires, there is going to be a big fight over how much power Goodell has in handling player suspensions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
k-dash wrote:
still not enough.

I think Goodell overstepped his bounds and both sides agreed to this to avoid litigation... litigation that the NFLPA would've easily won. When the CBA expires, there is going to be a big fight over how much power Goodell has in handling player suspensions.

I think if there was thought that the NFLPA would win this that Watson's lawyers would have fought it. Or, maybe he just wants it to go away (it never will) and play football.

Anyways, this was the thought process in trying to getting the suspension for a year, but they were able to add this into his current suspension.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:16 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Big Dave wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
k-dash wrote:
still not enough.

I think if there was thought that the NFLPA would win this that Watson's lawyers would have fought it. Or, maybe he just wants it to go away (it never will) and play football.

Anyways, this was the thought process in trying to getting the suspension for a year, but they were able to add this into his current suspension.

The NFLPA and Watson's lawyers are on the same side... going against Goodell. For Goodell to allow this to be arbitrated, then decide to lengthen the suspension because he didn't like what the arbitrator ruled on gives him too much power. Going forward, the new CBA will curb that. Especially in cases like this where the player was never charged with anything.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:25 am 

Not so sure the players will want to get rid of Goodell having a say. Goodell stepping in makes the story somewhat about Goodell and takes away some heat from the player. I am more inclined to believe that they are all working together on this show pony.

A bit of a win, win for all involved. Slap on the wrist was not enough, so Goodell can say look I stepped in and upped the suspension I am a good guy. That Watson is allowed back in the league at all is a win for him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I will be totally honest with you all: if the Dolphins had successfully traded for DeShaun Watson last year, I would have locked the site up and stopped following the Dolphins until Ross and Watson were no longer a part of this team. Seriously.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:27 am 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

Thank you Dave. That would have been the hardest thing to do for you I'm sure. But absolutely the right thing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:43 am 

Big Dave wrote:
I will be totally honest with you all: if the Dolphins had successfully traded for DeShaun Watson last year, I would have locked the site up and stopped following the Dolphins until Ross and Watson were no longer a part of this team. Seriously.

Thanks Dave, I am right there with you. I have had a life long relationship with rooting for the Phins but that was a bridge to far.

Thanks for all your work in keeping this place classy. Much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:54 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I would have turned into Randy Quaid in Major League

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

And on the flip side, FinHeaven’s already knee-jerk/Twitter centered forum posters would go into overdrive.

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]