All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:21 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I just do not see how this trade works ( Cap Wise ) with us also trading Tua. I know they have ways, but to come up with that cap space just to cover Tua cap hit ( Assuming June 1st is only for cuts )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:38 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

carreramia wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Hope they cover their behind in case Watson is a ’22 inactive. I would think they will check with the league and get confirmation that the guy can play now.

Dude this shhh is outta the league’s hands

Dude, we know as much as your friendly UPS driver.....

He's saying this because the league is not the law of the land.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:45 am 

I think this is someone stirring up the rumor mill. This move doesn't make any sense right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
I think this is someone stirring up the rumor mill. This move doesn't make any sense right now.

If the Dolphins are indeed talking, I'm sure the lawyers are saying not to do it, but if he has to then 100% put conditions in the trade. Houston is saying, "no conditions". If Watson does get cleared, someone will send 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks next year. I don't see how he gets cleared at all from this, but we've seen celebrities get away with some serious crap (Robert Kraft).

I'm with Dphins4me .. how would they even fit a trade under the cap right now?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:03 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Riddick is spot on. Riddick for GM!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
So Ross's master plan is to blow the whole thing up and come away with a QB who has 22 allegations of sexual assault against him. The rest I guess will fall into place in the old fool's mind.

This is quite frankly my lowest point as a Miami fan (not sure I'm even going to be one much longer). Ross is going to sell the farm, get a QB who may never play again, and leave zero capital to help rebuild.

I think we finally know who the problem has been since Parcells left the organization. The guy who always meddled, always did half measures and when finally getting a chance to right the ship decides to set the franchise back for maybe another decade.

Many rich and financially successful men lack moral wisdom, I’ve lightly defended him over the years but this you don’t come back from. Sorry bro, I genuinely feel your pain and this is a f’n downer…I’m not gonna get caught up in it anymore until the trigger is actually pulled.

prof123 wrote:
Exactly right. I would also lose interest in the Dolphins. I can't imagine that members of this board are unique in Dolphin fanland. Has Ross done any homework on what fans think about this? Does he care?

Ohhhh you’d be surprised. I talk football here & not on Twitter/social media for a reason.

Big Dave wrote:

2/3rds of that conversation was about Tua and Herbert lolwut? ESPN is The View for sports fans my humble opinion

:haha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:53 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Wow , this organization has soured on a guy they drafted after 12 starts for a guy with 22 civil law suits pending against him.
Bring back Cam Cameron.
This story is just unreal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:21 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
Wow , this organization has soured on a guy they drafted after 12 starts for a guy with 22 civil law suits pending against him.
Bring back Cam Cameron.
This story is just unreal.

It blows my mind as well, Mitch.

LBS wrote:
According to Texans reporter Aaron Wilson, the Philadelphia Eagles were aggressive in pursuing Watson at one point. Eagles general manager Howie Roseman even went through the trouble of contacting Watson’s legal team and sending an investigator to Houston. The issue is Watson has a no-trade clause, and he reportedly does not want to play for Philly.

If Watson only wants to play for the Dolphins, that creates an obvious problem for the Texans. It’s possible Houston leaked the information on Wednesday about a Watson trade being imminent in an attempt to bring more teams to the table or pressure Miami to increase its offer.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/d ... les/585816

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:13 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
carreramia wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Hope they cover their behind in case Watson is a ’22 inactive. I would think they will check with the league and get confirmation that the guy can play now.

Dude this shhh is outta the league’s hands

Dude, we know as much as your friendly UPS driver.....

He's saying this because the league is not the law of the land.

Yes but neither the UPS driver nor anyone here or out there know the legal ramifications …for this season, if the trade is made now, the NFL has the call if Watson plays. The legal stuff is all going to boil over next year into summer.

Last edited by carreramia on Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:31 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

Dphins4me wrote:
I just do not see how this trade works ( Cap Wise ) with us also trading Tua. I know they have ways, but to come up with that cap space just to cover Tua cap hit ( Assuming June 1st is only for cuts )

I'm thinking that we would have to get rid of some of the high priced players. Also I would assume that if Watson only wants to come to Miami he would possible restructure his contract. Not sure if all that would work or not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:07 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

How would you feel right now if you were Tua?

You went up to NE, laid your nuts on the table and made a big boy throw to seal the win (after throwing what seemed like a crushing interception).

You break your ribs, come back ASAP, play a very good in Europe of all places, are let down by your play callers and OL...

And all of this stuff hits the fan with neither your coach or GM getting your back. Heck, Flores won't even call Tua a leader on the team.

This guy Neal Driscoll who used to write for PFN (I think) wrote today that there are people in Miami's front office who have been actively rooting against Tua because they always preferred Herbert. What the heck kind of work place environment is that? This is what Ross has created.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:56 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:

This guy Neal Driscoll who used to write for PFN (I think) wrote today that there are people in Miami's front office who have been actively rooting against Tua because they always preferred Herbert. What the heck kind of work place environment is that? This is what Ross has created.
I understand wanting Herbert over Tua, but once the pick is done. I do not understand rooting against the player chosen.

I wanted anyone over Ted Ginn, but once Ginn was picked. I wanted him to succeed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:13 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
How would you feel right now if you were Tua?

You went up to NE, laid your nuts on the table and made a big boy throw to seal the win (after throwing what seemed like a crushing interception).

You break your ribs, come back ASAP, play a very good in Europe of all places, are let down by your play callers and OL...

And all of this stuff hits the fan with neither your coach or GM getting your back. Heck, Flores won't even call Tua a leader on the team.

Well said. That’s why I say the business has gone sour across the board. Too corporate. Kills anything authentic.

Money money money!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

Sounds like some fans on this site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:33 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I am not kidding when I say this...

I would make a very large contribution to flying a banner over every Miami game that says "Ross you suck, we despise you, sell the team!" His fragile ego when it comes to the Dolphins might actually crumble.

He can take his billions and do what he wants with them. The fact that he is entertaining this drama makes him void of any morals and any sympathy from us fans. He has the opportunity to build a legacy or throw himself a short term party (and that party ain't including a Super Bowl). Glad he opts for himself.

Celebrity owners, always being in the news or sports rumors, moronic commentary...now this. I may deserve the weekly whine and cheese award for my rants over the last 24 hours but whatever.

I'm not even angry. I'm just sad. Its like reaching adulthood and seeing the world for what it is as opposed to the optimism and wonder in one's youth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In the end I don’t expect anything to come from this. I think it’s a bunch of sports writers playing battleship hoping to score a shot in the blind.
However,the fact that nobody in Miami has come forward to squash these rumors proves to me that there is either some substance, or at the very least some very cold hearted people in the front office who would allow this drama to unfold in front of loyal fans and their starting QB - Tua. Needless to say, I’m concerned in any case, and am very disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:14 am 

Phin wrote:
jammer wrote:

Sounds like some fans on this site

I was thinking the exact same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:28 am 

An absentee owner from NYC of a Miami team, who knows nothing about football, what could go wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:06 am 

If im Tua , I request a trade.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:24 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
That’s why I say the business has gone sour across the board. Too corporate. Kills anything authentic.

Money money money!

Money and value. Looks like this Watson rumor is fueled by the Texans themselves and perhaps Watson's agent trying to get him out of Houston. The thing is, once he is traded, the NFL will be forced to rule on whether he sits out or not due to the allegations. Right now they haven't done much about it since the Texans have him stashed away.

And here is an interview with Joe Rose with McClain, who "broke" the story.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:36 am 

Ross said. “... You talk about the fans, and that’s what the National Football League is all about.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raide ... move-vegas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Ross said. “... You talk about the fans, and that’s what the National Football League is all about.”

I saw somewhere that 68% (or so) of Dolphins fans do not want this trade (some are Tua supporters and some do not like what Watson has hanging over his head right now).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:49 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Flores really isn't doing anything but stating the obvious.

PFT wrote:
Another wave of Deshaun Watson reports, another press conference, another opportunity for Dolphins coach Brian Flores to make an obvious statement carefully confined to the present tense.

Tua Tagovailoa “is our quarterback,” Flores told reporters on Friday. Flores said the exact same thing on September 1, at a time when rumors and reports were pointing toward a potential Watson trade to Miami.

Yes, Tua “is” the Miami quarterback. Will he be the Miami quarterback as of 4:01 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 2? That’s when the window will have closed on the 2021 trade period — and when the Dolphins either will or won’t have traded for Watson.

Regardless, until a trade happens, Tua “is” the Miami quarterback. Until Flores provides a broader, more definitive statement regarding the future (for example, “will be”), the possibility of a trade will linger.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... arterback/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:15 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:

This is professional competition where it’s do or die…not the f***ing WWE.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:24 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Why not concentrate on getting two or even 3 Offensive Line studs before getting anyone else? I don't want to see them hire even a new water boy before 2 or 3 OL players. This Watson thing if true, just proves that Management does not care about building a team for winning that takes time with OL picks. Ross and GM treat this only as a business for short term gains which means QB changes for hype. I think I'm done guys until Ross is gone. It is 100% hopeless under Ross.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:29 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

We are the new iteration of the Browns

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:
We are the new iteration of the Browns

We should aspire to be so lofty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Just so you know not to believe anything face-value that you hear ....

Adam Beasley (PFN) wrote:
Brian Flores’ full-throated support of Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa Friday could mean a bunch of things, but these two theories are the most obvious with NFL trade rumors abound:

1) That the Dolphins are not trading for Deshaun Watson and are encouraged by how Tagovailoa played in his first game back from broken ribs.

OR

2) The Dolphins are shopping Tua in the event they acquire Watson and want to maximize his trade value.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl- ... agovailoa/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:02 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Maybe on the bright side is if a new high profile QB does get enticed to play for Miami, they might place a contingency clause that only if three new OL trades and a new OL coach comes too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2