Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:14 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

https://www.nfl.com/news/x-rays-on-tua- ... week-3-tbd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Thanks for the update. I'm just worried he is totally traumatized by the offensive line. I don't see how Tua's performance can possibly improve under these conditions.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No matter what, they pretty much have to burn a high pick next year to give Tua competition and give the team options. I know the line sucks, but that is often the case for a rookie QB going to a team with a high draft pick. He was timid already….imagine the next time he hits the field.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:21 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
No matter what, they pretty much have to burn a high pick next year to give Tua competition and give the team options. I know the line sucks, but that is often the case for a rookie QB going to a team with a high draft pick. He was timid already….imagine the next time he hits the field.

Ignorance is bliss.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:26 pm 

Phinished wrote:

What is this timid stuff? I have not seen it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I’ve not seen timidity from Tua this year. He has played boldly, maybe even a little reckless in the first game trying to make something happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:23 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phin wrote:
I’ve not seen timidity from Tua this year. He has played boldly, maybe even a little reckless in the first game trying to make something happen.

He's taken a lot of hits. He seems fine. He was slammed to the ground and only has bruised ribs. That's a win. I haven't seen anything that shows that he is timid behind the line of scrimmage yet. If this crap does keep up it could ruin him. One thing I respected about Tannehill was his mental toughness to take a hit or make a bad play, and then forget it on the next play. But, as we saw, a physically tough QB has their limits. He couldn't stay healthy his last few years with us.

Daniel Oyefusi (Miami Herald) wrote:
Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Monday that quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is “day-to-day” and “still in a good deal of pain” after leaving the team’s 35-0 home loss to the Buffalo Bills with a rib injury.

Further tests on Tagovailoa’s ribs showed no major structural damage, NFL Network reported Monday.

According to the report, X-rays were negative and Tagovailoa’s availability for the Dolphins’ Week 3 road game against the Las Vegas Raiders will come down to “pain tolerance and functionality.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:11 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Back to the basics....block the guy in front of you. Ig they blitz, hit a quick slant, screen, draw.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:53 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
Back to the basics....block the guy in front of you. Ig they blitz, hit a quick slant, screen, draw.

That is the problem. Buffalo took away the quick slant and it decimated Miami's offense (on top of the WR brain farts).

Me thinks they have to get more creative than just the RPO. That part is on the coaches.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:54 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bruised ribs are as painful as broken. I’ve had both

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phin wrote:
Bruised ribs are as painful as broken. I’ve had both

He just sucks, Neal. Period. I made up my mind two years ago. Check out this crappy throw (please read the extreme sarcasm here).

:saywhat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

At least Brissett is big enough to take a hit…..he will need that. Brissett will actually shrug off some of the defenders.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:56 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

So, now his ribs are fractured. What's up with the X-ray machines in Miami? Are these the same doctors that evaluated Drew Brees?

Quote:
Tua Tagovailoa was initially labeled as "day to day" by Dolphins coach Brian Flores a day after the Dolphins' quarterback exited his team's 35-0 loss to the Bills with a rib injury, but the news on Wednesday is much worse. Tagovailoa was carted off the field after getting hit by Bills defensive end AJ Epenesa during Miami's second offensive drive. Head coach Brian Flores said Wednesday that the team received the results of additional tests and the former first-round pick suffered fractured ribs -- then ruled him out for the Dolphins' battle in Week 3 against the Las Vegas Raiders.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:06 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Dave, that throw almost got picked.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

vafinfan wrote:
So, now his ribs are fractured. What's up with the X-ray machines in Miami? Are these the same doctors that evaluated Drew Brees?

Quote:
Tua Tagovailoa was initially labeled as "day to day" by Dolphins coach Brian Flores a day after the Dolphins' quarterback exited his team's 35-0 loss to the Bills with a rib injury, but the news on Wednesday is much worse. Tagovailoa was carted off the field after getting hit by Bills defensive end AJ Epenesa during Miami's second offensive drive. Head coach Brian Flores said Wednesday that the team received the results of additional tests and the former first-round pick suffered fractured ribs -- then ruled him out for the Dolphins' battle in Week 3 against the Las Vegas Raiders.

The fractures might just be a way of saving any trade value they might have left in Tua….

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
vafinfan wrote:

Quote:

The fractures might just be a way of saving any trade value they might have left in Tua….

More like buying time to fix the offensive line. I’d be looking for hazard pay if I were Brisset.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:51 pm 

Makchell wrote:
Dave, that throw almost got picked.

Either way it was meant that is good comedy there.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]