Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Great Monday night game
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:47 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Washington misses a 48-yard FG as time runs out, but the Giants are offsides, and the second kick is good.

I was impressed with both QBs. Daniel Jones was always a great athlete, but tonight he threw the ball much better than I have seen from him before. And this Taylor Heineke, taking online math classes a year ago ... out there as a key part of the victory. If this had been the Dolphins, and that was Tua that played that game, we'd all be saying we had found our franchise QB. Of course, guys without a pedigree have to prove it a bit more often to convince folks.

Why do other teams consistently have WRs so wide open? Or, more to the point, why do the Dolphins struggle so much with this? Certainly they are fast enough? Are they too weak? I'd love to see Tua throwing to such wide open guys.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:32 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

prof123 wrote:
W
Why do other teams consistently have WRs so wide open? Or, more to the point, why do the Dolphins struggle so much with this? Certainly they are fast enough? Are they too weak? I'd love to see Tua throwing to such wide open guys.

Been wondering that for a good decade. Tua would pass the eye test if only 10% of his passes were contested throws.

A prediction that was yrs in the making.. Logan Thomas would be a really good TE, if he can catch. He is turning into one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:34 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

prof123 wrote:
Washington misses a 48-yard FG as time runs out, but the Giants are offsides, and the second kick is good.

I was impressed with both QBs. Daniel Jones was always a great athlete, but tonight he threw the ball much better than I have seen from him before. And this Taylor Heineke, taking online math classes a year ago ... out there as a key part of the victory. If this had been the Dolphins, and that was Tua that played that game, we'd all be saying we had found our franchise QB. Of course, guys without a pedigree have to prove it a bit more often to convince folks.

It certainly was yet another good prime time game.....I was dozing off when the Redskins kicker first attempted the winning FG, I kind of squinted at the TV as the kick obviously was going wide, so I turned off the TV and went to sleep, thinking, well, there’s another “wrong” choice in the pic-em game. Then this morning I catch up on the sports news and find that the thing was re-done. It didn’t help when I went to the pics and found everyone had picked the Redskins to win.

Nothing like the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:28 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

carreramia wrote:

It certainly was yet another good prime time game.....I was dozing off when the Redskins kicker first attempted the winning FG, I kind of squinted at the TV as the kick obviously was going wide, so I turned off the TV and went to sleep, thinking, well, there’s another “wrong” choice in the pic-em game. Then this morning I catch up on the sports news and find that the thing was re-done. It didn’t help when I went to the pics and found everyone had picked the Redskins to win.

Nothing like the NFL.

I tried to make my pick at 8:17, three minutes before the game, and it was already closed. I object!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

prof123 wrote:

To your last point, football is a fickle sport. One game shouldn’t tell you anything on a certain position especially QB. You need consistency, a word Marino used to love.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:17 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Been wondering that for a good decade

Great point. I think Jeff Ogden was the last wide open receiver to catch a slant and take to the house...lol

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]