The Ravens and their Offensive Coordinator, Cam Cameron, got their revenge today as the Dolphins sputtered all day on offense and defense. Good plays on both sides of the ball came in spurts, and I would have to say the coaching staff deserves some of the blame. At times in the game the play calling was fresh, but at other times it was very predictable and did not reach for the end zone.
* Why call a short pass at the end of the game that does not get you a first down? Dumb call.
* In the first half, why not throw a pass that could get you a first down rather than a hand off that had a high percentage that it would fail? It left everyone with the feeling that the Dolphins just gave up on a touchdown on the drive. Very disappointing.
* Why all the passes to RB Patrick Cobbs when you have Ricky and Ronnie? Even if we had won this game, I just do not get it that we fail game after game to utilize Ricky and Ronnie to their full potential. So what that Cobbs had a good game last week. I promise you that if Ricky or Ronnie had been ones targetted on those plays it would have led to big plays as well. My advice would be to keep Cobbs on the friggin' bench. Ricky and Ronnie should be in on every single offensive play.
* Pennington did well, but he looked imtimidated facing the Ravens defense. Maybe it's because our offensive line could not block their way out of a wet paper bag today. Pennington had to make quick decisions in the pocket and there were no holes for Ricky or Ronnie to run through.
* Please get rid of everyone except for Will Allen and Yeremiah Bell in the secondary. We once again made a rookie quarterback look like a veteran.
* Speaking of the secondary, what the point in having our corners give the Ravens receivers a 10 yard cushion? They did not beat us deep but they sure nickel and dimed us to death.
* For the first time this season Ricky was the better runner. I know that Ronnie is the starter, but there were no holes to run through and Ronnie likes to feel his way. I love the way Ronnie runs, but Ricky should have gotten the ball more. Why? Because Ricky picks a spot where the hole is supposed to be and explodes full speed there. That was the only thing we had going today and that should have been the game plan. Also, the Ravens were keying on Ronnie.
* How about one deep pass to Ginn just to let the defense know that the deep pass is in our playbook? Have Pennington roll out as we did with Dan the Man against the '84 Bears and have him chuck it downfield. Let's grow a pair, fellas.
* Finally, we are seeing Ted Ginn back on kickoffs. He's the game breaker who can return them the distance. Also, nice job of getting the ball to Ginn in the offense.
* Nice job of assembling a group of receivers who can actually catch the ball in traffic. I have not seen this since the days of the Marks Brothers. Unfortunately they had better have good hands as they do not create much separation.
* Joey Porter. All week the Buffalo Bills coaches will be saying to take care of "the most feared player in the NFL".
* I am one of those guys who likes QB Chad Pennington. In the second half he seemed to settle down a bit and put the ball where only his receivers could catch it. I like him. I say we honor his contract and keep him around for another year..
Rich will write his blog tomorrow breaking down the game. Be sure to come by to read it. Right now I need to go find the pieces of my remote control and see if I can get it back together for next week's game. See you all Saturday morning for my blog.
Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar
Support Phinfever by buying what you need from our advertisers. They pretty much pay the bills for us. Thanks!
Get the latest Miami Dolphins NFL lines at BetUS - America's online sports betting site for football betting and NFL odds and lines.
If you're looking for things to do in Miami FL, check CTC for Miami comedy shows and Miami football schedules. Also buy NFL tickets and college sports tickets, including Miami Dolphins football tickets and cheap Hurricanes football tickets.