We are now a little over a month away from the 2013 NFL Draft and teams are making their plans for the draft as they continue to fill holes with free agency.
We still have Pro Days for schools going on and teams are bringing in kids to work them out individually and talk with the kids.
With that said, let see if we can put together a half way decent mock draft for the NFL.
1) Kansas City - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A & M - The consensus seems to be that Andy Reid will take an offensive lineman, but there is still a lot of uncertainty to were he will play. OLT Branden Albert had the franchise tag put on him, but there is a lot of talk of him being traded. I have seen Eric Fisher, the OLT from Central Michigan mocked here as well. Fisher may be a little more talented, but Joeckel has been battle tested and is a little more polished.
2) Jacksonville - Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon - The Jaguars need a lot of things, but addressing their pass rush is high on the list of things needed. QB Blaine Gabbert has really struggled and QB could be a possiblity as well.
3) Oakland - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida - Another team that needs a lot of help, they will probably lose DT Richard Seymour and they just cut DT Tommy Kelly. Floyd can be that impact DT that can be a force against the run and provide interior push in regards to pass rush.
4) Philadelphia - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan - The Eagles offensive line is a mess, and OLT Jason Peters is recovering from two ruptured achilles tendon. Fisher makes a lot of sense here, and also look for Dion Jordan is he slips past Jacksonville.
5) Detroit - Enzekial Ansah, DE, Brigham Young - Detroit lost both starting defensive ends and GM Martin Mayhew has shown a propensity for drafting talented DL personnel. Ansah is raw, but is a physical freak and his upside is very high. Dee Milline, the CB from Alabama is a possiblity here as well.
6) Cleveland - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama - The Browns look to team Milliner up with CB Joe Hayden to form a very talented cornerback duo.
7) Arizona - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma - The Cardinals offensive line has been very bad for a long time, and they are in need of a OLT. Johnson is a very athletic OLT and his stock has taken off since the Senior Bowl and Combine. QB Geno Smith could come in play here as well.
8) Buffalo - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia - Buffalo release starting QB Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyler Thigpen and Tavares Jackson are the only QB on the roster at this moment.
9) New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU - The Jets are a hot mess right now, but they need to look at generating more pass pressure on the quarterback. Rex Ryan is and always will be a defensive minded coach and has fell in love with Mingo.
10) Tennessee - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina - The Titans just lost Steve Hutchinson,and Cooper is considered a rare talent at OG, better than Alabama OG Chance Warmack in some folks eyes.
11) San Diego - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama - The Chargers would snatch OT Lane Johnson in a heartbeat if he dropped to them. Mike Mayock considers Warmack to be the best football player in this draft.
12) Miami - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia - Miami has rebuilt their WR corps for the most part with the signing of Mike Wallace and Brandon Gibson and re-signing Brian Hartline. Davone Bess is going into his final year of his contract and there is talk of possibly trading Bess. With that being said, you need to be able to score points and have multiple weapons. Austin is the most expolsive player in this draft and gives QB Ryan Tannehill one more lethal weapon to work with. Other possiblities are CB Xavier Rhodes of Florida State, CB Desmond Trufant of Washington, DE Bjoern Werner of Florida State.
13) Tampa Bay - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State - Tampa Bay needs cornerbacks and are looking to possibly trade for Darrelle Revis. Even if they do pull the trade off, they still need another cornerback.
14) Carolina - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - The Panthers help fortify their run defense with the talented big man from Utah. He possibly drops to this point due to physical concerns, aka heart issues.
15) New Orleans - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU - New Orleans had the worst defense in the NFL last year, and they need help everywhere. Let start with a local product that can provide pass rush pressure.
16) St.Louis - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - The Rams look to repalce WR Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson. Patterson is a physical talent, but very raw.
17) Pittsburgh - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington - The Steelers have a lot of holes to fill, one of them being CB after losing CB Keenan Lewis to New Orleans. Trufant helps fill that void.
18) Dallas - Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas - Dallas released starting safety Gerald Sensabaugh during the offseason, and this gives the Cowboys a chance to add a talented local talent at a positon of need in their new 4-3 scheme run by new DC Monte Kiffin.
19) New York Giants - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State - GM Jerry Reese believes in the DL and having an abundance of pass rusher. Now that Osi Umenyiora has signed with the Atlanta Falcosn, the Giants replinish the pass rush.
20) Chicago - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame - The Bears have a hole in the middle of their defense with the exodus of MLB Brian Urlacher. Te'o is a smart, tough football player.
21) Cincinnati - Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia - Ogletree is very talented, but he has had several off the field incidents. Teams will do there homework before pulling the trigger on this young man. The Bengals are a team that don't mind taking chance on kids with character issues.
22) St.Louis - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama - The Rams lost Stephen Jackson to the Atlanta Falcons, and Lacy helps to fill that void for the Rams.
23) Minnesota - Keenan Allen, WR, California - The Vikings signed Green Bay WR Greg Jennings after trading Percy Harvin, and also re-signed WR Jerome Simpson. Still, the Vikings could use another weapon for QB Christian Ponder, and Allen can help.
24) Indianapolis - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri - The Colts look to bolster their defensive line with the talented big man from Missouri.
25) Minnesota - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina - The Vikings bolster their defensive line with the big DT from ACC Country.
26) Green Bay - Matt Elam, S, Florida - The Packers add a physical prescence in the secondary with FS Elam.
27) Houston - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - The Texans desperately need to add another solid WR opposite Andre Johnson. Hopkins fits that mode.
28) Denver - Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A & M - Due to a bungling snafu with a fax machine, the Broncos lost a very good pass rusher in DE Elvis Dumervil to Baltimore. Moore started the process as a top 10 pick, but a horrid combine along with some off the field issues push him to this point in the draft and to the Broncos.
29) New England - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State - Aqib Talib signed just a one year contract and Ras-I Downling has had a difficult time staying on the field.
30) Atlanta - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - Tony Gonzalez came back for one more year to make a run at a championship. Yes, I know it was a 2 year deal, but most expect Tony to play only one more year. Tyler helps soften the blow when Tony leaves.
31) San Francisco - Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama - FS could be the pick here as well, but the 49ers lost NT Issac Sopoaga to free agency. Williams was a rock in the middle of the Crimson Tide 3-4 defense, and can be the same for the 49ers.
32) Baltimore - Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU - The Ravens have taken some major shots in free agency, but GM Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GM out there. Once Elvis Dumervil became a free agent, the Ravens made him a priority and got him signed. So while that addresses the hole left from Paul Kruger leaving for Cleveland, many holes still remain. Minter can help fill the void at MLB after Darnelle Ellerbe, expected to fill the void for the Ravens was signed by Miami.
I will put one final NFL Mock Draft out the week before the NFL Draft. I'm quite sure there will be some changes between now and then.