The Dolphins played all around good football today and dominated the Chargers on the scoreboard and in just about every statistical category. With many players stepping up and being "key" performers in this game, I hope Coach Sparano has a lot of game balls on his shelf to pass out.
* QB Chad Pennington was very efficient and completed 22 of 29 passes for 228 yards and a touchdown. He did not throw an interception and avoided a safety in the 4th quarter when he was tripped off of a snap by Satele. 13 of his receptions went to his wide receivers, Greg Camarillo and Ted Ginn, Jr.
* RB Ronnie Brown ran the Wild Cat formation efficiently. He ran with power and was elusive to the point of looking very similar to Barry Sanders with a 24 carry for 125 and a touchdown.
* RB Ricky Williams did not the holes, but he made a tremendous block to free up Ronnie for his touchdown run near the end of the first half.
* The offensive line looked much improved.
* The Dolphins defense did not look like a group of band-aid players and actually looked better than the talented Chargers defense. They shut down the great LaDainian Tomlinson to only 35 yards and Phillip Rivers to 159 yards passing. In fact, Rivers only had 58 yards passing in the first half.
* OLB Matt Roth led the defense with 5 tackles and 1 sack, and he was relentless in his pursuit of Chargers QB Phillip Rivers. I promise you that Rivers will see Roth in his sleep tonight.
* S Yeremiah Bell played some of the best coverage that I have seen in the Dolphins secondary since Patrick Surtain. He also added 6 tackles in run defense.
* P Brandon Field averaged 46.8 yards on 4 punts.
Be sure to come by tomorrow morning as Rich gives you a more detailed breakdown of the game.
Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar
Support Phinfever by buying what you need from our advertisers. They pretty much pay the bills for us. Thanks!
Get the latest Miami Dolphins NFL lines at BetUS - America's online sports betting site for football betting and NFL odds and lines.
If you're looking for things to do in Miami FL, check CTC for Miami comedy shows and Miami football schedules. Also buy NFL tickets and college sports tickets, including Miami Dolphins football tickets and cheap Hurricanes football tickets.