All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:45 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Heck, any change in the defense over Gase's defenses is a step in the right direction. And just don't blame Burke. Vance Joseph's defense ranked as one of the worst in the NFL in 2016.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
Besides fielding a defense that everyone internally believes will be vastly more unpredictable and multiple, here’s another big change for the players in the move from Adam Gase to Brian Flores:

“I would say just not accepting little mistakes,” Minkah Fitzpatrick said. “Like I think in past seasons, people would just let things slide that [Flores] won’t let slide — whether it be just, instead of [saying], ‘the pass goes over my head. Throw it to another receiver.’ Instead of just taking a little burst one step out, he wants me to run and get to the ball.

“That’s what he wants you to do. It’s going to help you in the game. If somebody tips the ball up, you’re running [toward it]. It’s little stuff like that. Making sure we’re doing the little things right and making sure our habits that you relay over from practice to the game are right.”

Last season, the Dolphins sometimes looked the other way when a player was tardy. Not now.

And player policing of other players has been encouraged.

“The thing is, we have to police ourselves in that group,” Akeem Spence said of a defensive tackle group filled with first-, second- and third-year players excluding him. “That group, we have to push one another. If Davon Godchaux doesn’t do something all the way right, I have to be able to police him. And me too. [If someone says], ‘Hey Spence, your hands weren’t right. Get your hands right.’ ”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:08 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That's how it should be ran.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:27 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I always love a coach during their first pre season and the culture they instill. What could go wrong?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:33 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Haha nothing at all!

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]