All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Yesterday was a good day to give Rosen first team snaps, and it was also a good day to drive home "body language" in his development as demonstrated by an old pro.

Armando Salguero (Miami Herald) wrote:
Ryan Fitzpatrick gets one more down, one last opportunity, to get the Miami Dolphins offense into the end zone this Wednesday practice period against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Despite some inconsistent protection, Fitzpatrick delivers a line drive between two defenders into the grasp of receiver Trenton Irwin. Touchdown!

Fitzpatrick throws his arms up and sprints 30 yards to celebrate with the rookie wide receiver and the rest of the Miami offense that has joined the two in a giddy end zone pile.

And this is important: This scene plays out on the day Fitzpatrick, the team’s starter almost the entire training camp, is relegated to working with the second-team offense while Josh Rosen is promoted ahead of him to the starting offense.

So this scene is playing out despite what Fitzpatrick could easily feel is a bad-news day. This is happening on a day he’s been demoted.

But there’s no sign of that trouble from Fitzpatrick. No dejection. No disappointment. His body language, his demeanor, is exactly what it has been the entire training camp. It’s exactly what the Dolphins want from their quarterback.

“I think it’s always good,” Dolphins coach Brian Flores said of Fitzpatrick’s body language. “This is a guy who’s upbeat, who works hard. Football is very important to him. I think it’s good. He’s a leader on this team. He does a lot of really good things. I love having him.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:35 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I really like Fitz but the truth is I wanted, still want, Rosen to win the Qb. job. That being said I will be happy if Fitz shows he deserves the job. After the game last night with tampa I see Fitz being the starter now and he will have to fall hard to lose it. I just hope he can put together a steady performance without extreme ups and extreme lows, nice and steady good performance. Now back to the way I feel this will happen has to do with Rosen just not fully being himself. I think after the trade he came to Miami and didnt want anyone to look at him in a bad way because of the MINOR issuses in his past so he tryed to not do anything wrong. I think him not fully just being himself has hurt him. I feel like if Rosen would have just came in and put his talent on show and not worried how he was going to look, I may not be writing this now. That is why Fitz will most likely be our starting Qb opening day and not Rosen. I think there is a still a slim chance of Rosen balling out in the chances he gets to change my mind. Can he do it? Ok, just my take on the Qb battle. lets go dolphins!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:42 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Rosen looked good last night if it wasnt for williams drops.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:47 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

teamalley wrote:
I really like Fitz but the truth is I wanted, still want, Rosen to win the Qb. job. That being said I will be happy if Fitz shows he deserves the job. After the game last night with tampa I see Fitz being the starter now and he will have to fall hard to lose it. I just hope he can put together a steady performance without extreme ups and extreme lows, nice and steady good performance. Now back to the way I feel this will happen has to do with Rosen just not fully being himself. I think after the trade he came to Miami and didnt want anyone to look at him in a bad way because of the MINOR issuses in his past so he tryed to not do anything wrong. I think him not fully just being himself has hurt him. I feel like if Rosen would have just came in and put his talent on show and not worried how he was going to look, I may not be writing this now. That is why Fitz will most likely be our starting Qb opening day and not Rosen. I think there is a still a slim chance of Rosen balling out in the chances he gets to change my mind. Can he do it? Ok, just my take on the Qb battle. lets go dolphins!

It seems the coach does not want him to be himself. He will call him out in the media to try and get him to change.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:54 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I hear that Fitzpatrick will be starting game 3. I'm not sure that is a wise move.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:28 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
Rosen looked good last night if it wasnt for williams drops.

He had three bad throws. The almost pick 6, the missed TD to Ford, and throwing behind Gesicki on what could have been a huge YAC opportunity. I'll forgive the last one because he still got them a first down afterwards and it turned into points.

The sacks don't trouble me too much because he moves well in the pocket and buys extra time. His OL simply sucks.

But otherwise he looked good moving the ball. Need to see a couple of TD drives from him.

Not sure why I have such a dislike for Fitzpatrick but I'll probably tune out if he starts. There is just nothing to build on there and he has zero shot of getting Miami to the playoffs. Being an optimistic, rah-rah leader is cool until you start throwing games away which has been his career MO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I feel the same about fitz. Id rather go with rosen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:55 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
I feel the same about fitz. Id rather go with rosen

My guess is that he gets the start at the bye. Give him time to continue to learn the playoff and from Fitzpatrcik ... study game film ... and let the OL gain more chemistry with each other. I think the only thing that will derail that is if Fitzpatrick all of a sudden becomes consistent and hot ... but we already have a body of NFL work from him to know that it will not happen.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:38 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

The throw to Ford in the endzone wasn't really all that bad. Yes he bounced it in but he was putting it where only his guy had a shot at it. Coverage was good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:00 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I did not see the game but so far from what I have seen and heard there is nothing special about the way Rosen plays. I hope that changes sometime this year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AQNOR wrote:
I did not see the game but so far from what I have seen and heard there is nothing special about the way Rosen plays. I hope that changes sometime this year.

This will probably make you cringe, but he isn't very consistent with his throws (sound familiar?). He'll miss some layups and then connect on a dime.

I will say that his pocket presence and movement is excellent. Despite a couple sacks (which were more coverage sacks) he avoids pressure and buys an extra second. Its night and day from watching Tannehill and Osweiler.

He needs to get in there with the starters because right now he's just looking for Williams on almost every throw. Can't be a one trick pony.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]