All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:33 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I know that after several sacks in a row to where Rosen cannot get the ball out, there is going to be real frustration. But, as the leader he has to find a way to elevate his teammates and let them know he has their backs. It's about the leadership that the starting QB has to have. This is a personality red flag that he has to overcome.

PFT wrote:
Flores didn’t hide his annoyance with Rosen’s annoyance.

“I thought he practiced OK,” Flores said. “From the naked eye, I think he’s got to do a better job of getting guys in and out of the huddle, his communication, body language. There were some plays there he didn’t like, and we’ve just got to move on to the next play.”

Rosen is conscious of his body language, having worked on it at UCLA and with the Cardinals. He vows to continue working on it.

“I think especially when you get into competitive environments I tend to be very critical of myself,” Rosen said, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “I’m very competitive, so I have always worked that throughout my entire athletic career, since I’ve been a young kid.”

Flores said he has talked to Rosen about his body language and will continue to harp on it. The first-year head coach believes body language sets a tone.

“We want good body language out of everybody,” Flores said. “We’re going to have bad plays. We need to move on to the next one, period. Players, coaches, that’s everybody. The quarterback position, they’re all looking at you. That’s something they have to be conscious of.

“I talked to him about it, I talked to all the quarterbacks, as well as the leaders on the team. They’re looking at you as a leader, and I think that’s an important piece of this that people don’t talk about very much. But I think it’s very important.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... osh-rosen/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]