All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Let's just try to get through today first. I cannot even think about 2020.

PFF wrote:
1. Miami Dolphins – QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
Tagovailoa had the highest percentage of perfectly placed passes among Power-5 quarterbacks last season. Consistent accuracy and ball placement is far and away the trait the data says to covet most when projecting to the NFL.

. Cincinnati Bengals – QB Justin Herbert, Oregon
If the Bengals really are picking at No. 2 overall, chances are they’ll be ready to move on from Andy Dalton. Herbert’s blend of size, athleticism and arm talent is too rare to pass up at the top of the draft. His inconsistency is terrifying, but he can answer those concerns in 2019.

3. Buffalo Bills – Edge Chase Young, Ohio State
Young checks pretty much every box you could check as a defensive end already. He’s got size, length and thleticism that’s all ideal for the position plus elite production already. As a true sophomore, he led the nation in pressures.

4. Washington Redskins – WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
Jeudy can do things physically on a football field that receivers even in the NFL couldn’t dream of. There isn’t much about the receiver position he can’t do at this point. He would have easily been the top WR on our draft board if he was allowed to declare for the 2019 draft.

5. Arizona Cardinals – OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia
There are only a handful of human beings in the world that can move the way he does at 6-foot-5, 320 pounds. He’s been limited to a degree in pass protection up to this point in Georgia’s offense, but he’s already incredibly accomplished for a rising junior.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl ... mock-draft

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:51 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

This stuff needs to wait until October. I realize they are just looking for clicks but my goodness this is premature.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Man, that's early. We have not even played week 1 yet. What is so great about Tua? Is he more talnted than Rosen? Do we know what we have in Rosen? The draft is so over hyped,

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:13 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We gave RT 5 years with crappy play and an almost identical td/int ratio. He had talent and a arm. Rosen is a better prospect than RT. I would think Rosen deserves a few years since the talent is there. I'm all for picking a QB high next year and the year after until we hit. The missing piece to make us competitve is a QB. A franchise QB elvates the entire team. I know some of us do not like that philosophy drafting a QB every year. Is what we are doing since Marino retired worked? Nope....Harris, Parker busts to name a couple.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Mak, here are my thoughts on the QB situation and the prospects coming down the road.

Rosen is a great thrower who can torch a defense when clean. But how often is he going to be clean behind Miami's current OL? The knock on him now is his processing speed and in college he never really elevated his team as expected. So Miami could give him 1 or 2 years to prove it while still investing in the position.

The viable prospects for next year are Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, Jake Fromm, KJ Costello and Jacob Eason. Tua is clearly the best but you have injury concerns already. Other than that he checks every box. Herbert is all tools with incredible throws, but there are serious questions about his mental toughness. Fromm is incredibly bright but doesn't bring the same skill set as Tua or Herbert. He has also been propped up by Georgia's incredible running game aka not asked to take over too often. He has made some incredible throws though.

Love, Costello and Eason are not as discussed as the previously mentioned. Love is being hyped as another Mahomes type (ridiculous skill set). Costello seems very pro ready but needs to take another step. Eason was a hyped guy who got injured (then replaced by Fromm) and transferred. He has the skill set buy limited experience. Needs to show it this year.

Tua will end up going 1st overall if he stays healthy and I imagine several bottom rung teams will be vying for that pick. If Cincy or Tampa end up with that 1st pick then forget it, Tua is there guy. I'm not sure it is worth Miami dealing up for him because 2021 presents two very intriguing options as well.

Trevor Lawrence from Clemson is THE GUY. Also, this kid Brock Purdy from Iowa State is being touted as the next Drew Brees.

We already know Miami has been high on Tua and Herbert, plus they were seen scouting Jordan Love's practice last week.

I guess the point is there are plenty of options between Rosen and future prospects.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Thanks Jammer for the input.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

How about Notre Dame’s Ian Book?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
How about Notre Dame’s Ian Book?

I really have not heard his name connected with being a high pick. Other than the guys I mentioned above I've read the following as draftable:

Nate Stanley Iowa
Jake Bentley South Carolina
Steve Montez Colorado
Mason Fine North Texas

Its so early though and guys can come out of nowhere as they do every year - Kyler Murray, Mitch Trubisky, Baker Mayfield, etc.

All the hype right now is on Tua and even if Rosen has a promising season I'm not sure they pass.

There are some awesome edge rushing prospects that I'd rather they take so I'm hoping Rosen lives up to his top 10 hype.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:06 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The power of hopes and dreams is part of the power of the draft imo. Preseason and one of the most commentated on threads is this one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:57 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AQNOR wrote:
The power of hopes and dreams is part of the power of the draft imo. Preseason and one of the most commentated on threads is this one.

Very valid point

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]