PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Armando Salguero

Verified account

@ArmandoSalguero
Follow Follow @ArmandoSalguero
More
Dolphins In Depth pod: includes a discussion on Kaepernick as Dolphins QB option.

11:02 AM - 15 Mar 2019

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Oh boy, I'm sure some fans just got triggered

I dont want him for the simple fact that he will help this team continue to be mediocre and not get a decent draft pick..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Outside of the three heads of the team being black & likely leaning towards a certain side of the Kap issue, hell no.

It’s not even about being “triggered”, the dude is a straight up dope & our fan base had front row seats and saw it first hand when dope head played in Miami a couple years back. I won’t get into it here but you should know what I’m talking about.

Sorry, gotta say it again. The guy is a ****ing idiot. Genuine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

If they don’t make a move up in this draft to draft a QB I want one of those waiver wire QBs on the roster to play, lose 12, 13 or close enough that with the 2020 draft capital, assuming they don’t pick no. 1, they can beat other team’s trying to get ahead of them...we’ll get the QB this year or next...hope is this year.

No. 1.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:43 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

carreramia wrote:
If they don’t make a move up in this draft to draft a QB I want one of those waiver wire QBs on the roster to play, lose 12, 13 or close enough that with the 2020 draft capital, assuming they don’t pick no. 1, they can beat other team’s trying to get ahead of them...we’ll get the QB this year or next...hope is this year.

No. 1.

Oh, but you were wanting Kaepernick back in Thunderdome. And don't worry about losing a dozen games or so, every day they ignore the OL, they move that much closer to your goal.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:05 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Relive1972 wrote:
carreramia wrote:

No. 1.

Oh, but you were wanting Kaepernick back in Thunderdome. And don't worry about losing a dozen games or so, every day they ignore the OL, they move that much closer to your goal.

Back then it was foolish, as it turned out, to think we had a team ready to compete and when the choice was that bum mercenary Cutler, the alternatives, no matter how unattractive seemed better. Today, the strategy for the franchise is unprecedented in Dolphins history, and it’s proven the league favors teams with talent at the QB position. You gotta get it, no matter how, and this year and next match perfectly with the Fins new agenda.

Get it through your thick aqua and orange pom-pom head, OL, as important as that is, will always take a back seat to the QB.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:13 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I agree you have to get a qb but get the guy you want not a guy who happens to be in the top three (or however many) in a particular draft class.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:23 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

My view on our quarterback position is this...

If we are drafting a young quarterback this year, we should go after Ryan Fitzpatrick. He can serve as our starting quarterback if the rookie needs to sit in his rookie year like Patrick Mahomes did, or he can be a very valuable backup quarterback if the rookie wins the starting job in preseason. Either way, Fitzpatrick would be an excellent pick up. He can be a leader in the locker room and be a mentor to the young quarterback. He showed in Tampa that he was willing to do whatever is best for the team and he would likely do the same here

I'd rather we target Ryan Fitzpatrick and a rookie than Colin Kaepernick. In fact, I'd rather go for Ryan Fitzpatrick and keep our current quarterbacks than go after Colin Kaepernick. However, I can see the appeal of going after Kaepernick in the hope that he could be the answer for us at quarterback either short term or longer term, but I'd rather we not be that team. I'd probably even prefer Blake Bortles.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]