All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A few choice questions that were posed to Luke Falk. I actually got excited about him listening to Jammer talk about him here, and I am excited to see him in Miami. I am surprised that he was cut by the Titans. I imagine they were hoping to sign him to their practice squad since he was a draft pick.

Barry Jackson wrote:
What did he think of his pre-draft visit here? “I loved it. I thought at the combine, their interview was awesome. When I came down here to visit with them, it was a great visit. Great coaching staff, good culture.”

What resonated in meetings with the Dolphins before the draft? “They just know the game of football. Even just being down here for a week, I’ve already learned so much in terms of x’s and o’s and how much they pay attention to details and everything like that. “They are doing a great job in terms of trying to help me and get extra work after practice and get some extra meeting times as well. The QB room has been awesome. Danny has been awesome. Brock [Oswieler and David], Fales. Good people in that room.”

What message did he get from Adam Gase/Chris Grier/Mike Tannenbaum when they grabbed him off waivers? “Try to learn as best you can and try to develop. Every day you are competing for a job and it’s no different here.”

Why didn’t work out in Tennessee? “The numbers were [such] where they said they couldn’t keep three guys. I think they liked me there…. But things didn’t work out and Miami gave me an opportunity.”

Is there anything here that makes Miami a better fit? “There’s a lot more on the quarterback in terms of protections and all that. So I think you’ve got to really know the ins and outs of defenses and that is making me progress as a player. And they are taking the time to help me and really catch me up to speed because I’ve got a lot of vets in the room that have played a lot of football and know a lot. Same with coaches. They have been around great players. [Peyton Manning] and those types of guys.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:47 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I want Falk to be Miami's version of the QB everyone doubted who rises to elite, or almost elite, status.

He has the tools. Just needs to strengthen up that arm a bit and adjust to NFL speed.

The accuracy, poise and QB leadership traits are there.

What I really love is he wasn't some heavily recruited 5 star high school guy. He earned it every step of the way and seems to recognize that process will continue for him.

I think we can now recognize he is Gase's project.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]