All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:07 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Sounds like a lot more empty seats. I got a feeling we're going to see some Phins suspended this year.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/08/12/florida-police-unions-urge-miami-dolphins-boycott-after-anthem-protests

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

These people still feel a sense of righteousness every time they kneel. The source of the division comes from THEM. Not the other side. They ignited it while they had countless other platforms to use instead of disrespecting the flag. I honestly feel this has actually subconsciously deteriorated my interest in pro football.

Is Trump wrong for saying these guys should be given suspensions? The people who pay all of their salaries are PISSED, the number one reason people get fired, yet, liberals will cry racism. I’m seriously sick of this bull****. Everything is racist and sexist. It used to be funny. Now it’s just sad. The country needs to bury this stupid crap and quickly put it behind us.

People are too self interested though so I don’t see the end in sight. I don’t believe anyone does. This entire thing is a massive killjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:26 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Maybe the players should go on strike. The players are the ones who make the money for the NFL. It’s just astonishing to me that the fans refuse to acknowledge what the kneeling is all about. But, who cares, the same folks wanted the status quo in 1861, in 1965 and again in 2018.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:49 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

This is a hot topic, so I try to stay neutral. They have a right to their protest, per the Constitution. But what they are protesting is wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

socioanthroman wrote:
Maybe the players should go on strike. The players are the ones who make the money for the NFL. It’s just astonishing to me that the fans refuse to acknowledge what the kneeling is all about. But, who cares, the same folks wanted the status quo in 1861, in 1965 and again in 2018.

Are we going to keep talking in circles? The people who are against it KNOW what it’s about. It’s the platform that they have used it for that doesn’t sit right. Not to mention it’s lazy and not impressive at all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:08 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Like many of us, NFL players are employees........private sector workers employed to increase Company profitability. Without question, their actions are turning off many fans (customers) and reducing revenue. No Owner should tolerate a player that loses them money.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:56 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
socioanthroman wrote:

Are we going to keep talking in circles? The people who are against it KNOW what it’s about. It’s the platform that they have used it for that doesn’t sit right. Not to mention it’s lazy and not impressive at all.

:deadhorse:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:41 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

:OMG :cry: :cry:

But hurt snowflakes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

socioanthroman wrote:

I'm going to break this down another way. They have every right to protest, but not on company time. More whites are killed by cops every year than blacks. Now I realize that is not all that they are protesting. Why doesn't anyone talk about the fact that if you are white you are 2 times more likely to be killed by a black person than visa versa.

My point is there are injustices everywhere. Don't protest during the anthem!

All these clowns didn't protest crap on their summer off. I didn't see them marching anywhere...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:48 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

socioanthroman wrote:

I wish they would. The whole crap show can fold up and go away, wouldn't change my life one bit. College, high school and little league football is where it's at.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Wasn't there something like 13 blacks killed and 30 something people shot in Chicago just last weekend alone? Black on black btw.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Wasn't there something like 13 blacks killed and 30 something people shot in Chicago just last weekend alone? Black on black btw.

Yes... and out of the 2,870 blacks murdered in 2016, 2,570 were killed by other blacks, 243 blacks were killed by whites. Out of the 3,499 whites that were killed in that same year, 2,854 were killed by whites and 533 were killed by blacks......despite being only 12% of the population.

BTW here is an up to date listing of Chicago homicides https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

ytnewton wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Yes... and out of the 2,870 blacks murdered in 2016, 2,570 were killed by other blacks, 243 blacks were killed by whites. Out of the 3,499 whites that were killed in that same year, 2,854 were killed by whites and 533 were killed by blacks......despite being only 12% of the population.

BTW here is an up to date listing of Chicago homicides https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/

That's really incredible, yt. Those stats are amazing. Where did you get them? I'm not doubting them, mind you, just want to know how to source it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FBI Crime Tables from 2016 the most recent year that is complete. 2017 stats should be done in the next 2-3 months https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:52 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

If I understand correctly these may not be the actual stats for the USA just the best we have right now. If my understanding is correct the FBI depends on local agencies sending in the information and not all of them do comply as it is voluntary as I understand it, or send in all of the information needed.

It is probably an ok approximation just thought I would mention it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:26 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
If I understand correctly these may not be the actual stats for the USA just the best we have right now. If my understanding is correct the FBI depends on local agencies sending in the information and not all of them do comply as it is voluntary as I understand it, or send in all of the information needed.

It is probably an ok approximation just thought I would mention it.

Yes, it is the best info currently available. The numbers could be skewed one way or the other based on input from local jurisdictions.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]