All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15699
Location: Raleigh, NC
While McCain and Amendola have buried the hatchet, we have ranked near the top in penalties in Gase's 2 years.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 2904
This has to be a high priority. If this doesn't get solved, we will not get above .500. That's surely part of why we brought in the guys we did, like Gore and Amendola. Smart, good leaders.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 6865
The aggressive penalties Gase has said he don't mind..But the pre snap stuff was out of control...Suh and Wake are big offenders.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10487
Location: MA
Can't have your left tackle going bananas with false starts. Not saying its all him, but Tunsil was a big offender. How many nice Drake runs were negated by holds?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1803
Location: Charlotte, NC
Pouncey's practice participation was limited; hopefully, Larsen is a more steady presence.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15699
Location: Raleigh, NC
k-dash wrote:
This has to be a high priority. If this doesn't get solved, we will not get above .500. That's surely part of why we brought in the guys we did, like Gore and Amendola. Smart, good leaders.


Hey, I just thought of something. Since Amendola makes smart players lose their crap, maybe we'll gain penalties with someone like Amendola getting inside the opponents head. How about that?

:haha


jammer wrote:
Can't have your left tackle going bananas with false starts. Not saying its all him, but Tunsil was a big offender. How many nice Drake runs were negated by holds?


Unfortunately, Tunsil has had his problem in OTAs facing Robert Quinn. Quinn is good practice for him.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1198
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Well.. Landry and Suh are gone. That should be a lot less right there.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15699
Location: Raleigh, NC
At some point in practice, Coach Gase is going to have to be tough on penalties.

Dave Hyde wrote:
3. One thing I don’t understand at Dolphins practices is players who draw penalties routinely are simply told about it with no consequence. Under Gase, the Dolphins have been the second-most penalized team in 2016 and 2017. For a team that will again try to win on the margins, this is something that has to improve. It will be interesting to see what Gase changes to improve that.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave ... story.html

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2245
Location: Lakeland, Fl
hypocritex wrote:
Well.. Landry and Suh are gone. That should be a lot less right there.


^^^^
This.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6486
Big Dave wrote:
At some point in practice, Coach Gase is going to have to be tough on penalties.

Dave Hyde wrote:
3. One thing I don’t understand at Dolphins practices is players who draw penalties routinely are simply told about it with no consequence. Under Gase, the Dolphins have been the second-most penalized team in 2016 and 2017. For a team that will again try to win on the margins, this is something that has to improve. It will be interesting to see what Gase changes to improve that.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave ... story.html


Can a player's coach summon his inner Shula to impress the importance of not getting needlessly penalized.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r