View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jeff Ireland was at West Virginia bowl game 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Jeff Ireland was at West Virginia bowl game
Ben Volin backs it up saying he saw him at the airport yesterday heading to Newark.

Getting a first hand look at Bailey and Tavon Austin...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131020/tavon-austin

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Jeff Ireland was at West Virginia bowl game
Phins Rock wrote:

Getting a first hand look at Bailey and Tavon Austin...
Bailey had a nice game.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:01 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

He ought to be at the unemployment office looking for a check

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

Give it a rest. We all know what your opinion of Ireland is. We do not need to see it repeated time & time again in several threads.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Give it a rest. We all know what your opinion of Ireland is. We do not need to see it repeated time & time again in several threads.

Is this not an Ireland Thread? Oh that's right...someone died and put you in charge of who gets to express an opinion and how many times they get to say it.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Probably there looking for more linemen to overpay.....

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

Come on man. There are too many people unemployed right now, Phins just doing there part to help out. ; )

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

Is this not an Ireland Thread?
Its an Ireland scouting WVA/Syracuse bowl game thread.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Oh that's right...someone died and put you in charge of who gets to express an opinion and how many times they get to say it.
This is a Jeff Ireland thread.

Special thanks to Jeff Ireland...

Just letting you know you are a broken record & its old that you are turning many threads into a bash Ireland thread. We do not need every thread repeating how you hate Ireland like we did last year with your love for Tebow.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Love how Junkie is highjacking every thread :(

I think Tavon Austin is ELECTRIC. However.. his size scares that crap out of me. 1 good hit in the pros.. And he's mush. I'd steer clear. (Remember Pat White)

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Quote:
Just letting you know you are a broken record & its old that you are turning many threads into a bash Ireland thread. We do not need every thread repeating how you hate Ireland like we did last year with your love for Tebow.

Ok, I'll leave you to your wannabe GM roll playing thread. lol. Meanwhile, fans get to suck on 28-0 all off-season. No changes needed....

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Ok, I'll leave you to your wannabe GM roll playing thread. lol.

Not my thread. Go back to your role playing owners thread. I'm assuming by the above comment we will not be seeing you around all offseason, since you obviously do not discuss moves or picks Miami should make. :ann0y:

NFLJunkie wrote:
Meanwhile, fans get to suck on 28-0 all off-season. No changes needed....

Forgotten already.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:28 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Junkie, love your passion but you need a 3 day waiting period before posting after a FIns loss....lol. Post the Ireland hate in one of the numerous threads that have been hijacked. This one is about him scouting 2 very gifted players that might be on our team next year.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Junkie, love your passion but you need a 3 day waiting period before posting after a FIns loss....lol. Post the Ireland hate in one of the numerous threads that have been hijacked. This one is about him scouting 2 very gifted players that might be on our team next year.

Who died & made you Global Mod?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Who died & made you Global Mod?

lol

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Makchell wrote:

I need a 3 day waiting period and a background check. No offense, but this whole acceptance of losing with most of these fans is annoying and part of the underlying issue. As long as you're not upset enough for change, nothing will change.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

hypocritex wrote:

I think Tavon Austin is ELECTRIC. However.. his size scares that crap out of me. 1 good hit in the pros.. And he's mush. I'd steer clear. (Remember Pat White)

Remember Darren Sproles.......I love Austin & Bailey. Bailey had the much better game yesterday, but Austin has been explosive both as a WR and RB. He absolutely killed Oklahoma this year.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Remember Darren Sproles.......I love Austin & Bailey. Bailey had the much better game yesterday, but Austin has been explosive both as a WR and RB. He absolutely killed Oklahoma this year.

Sproles is pretty much.. a rarity. He's also a good bit thicker then Austin.. who barely weighs 170. I COULD hurt Tavon Austin.. (If I could catch him. Lol)

I like Bailey ok. Though I have to do more research on him. I live in Mountaineer/Terp country so I've seen him quite a bit.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lots of acorns there ....

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I need a 3 day waiting period and a background check. No offense, but this whole acceptance of losing with most of these fans is annoying and part of the underlying issue. As long as you're not upset enough for change, nothing will change.

nothing changes? We get a new coach every 3 years!!!

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

and with the 12th pick Miami selects Baylor wide receiver Terence Williams. :grin:

unless of course we sign Mike Wallace.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Of course I'm pissed Junie, we all are. But we had 7 rookies starting today out of 20 offensive players. This was a rebuilding year. If RT doesn't develop and stop locking onto recievers, we will be drafting the kid out of A and M in 3 years, but I'm sure we will find a way to eff that up too.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
and with the 12th pick Miami selects Baylor wide receiver Terence Williams. :grin:

I would still take Williams even if they sign Wallace or another WR. Miami needs playmakers on the outside. It showed again today.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I would still take Williams even if they sign Wallace or another WR. Miami needs playmakers on the outside. It showed again today.

we also need pass rushers and thats the strength of this draft

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I agree, we seriously lack speed and talent at the position. I'd love to see us sign a solid veteran like Jennings, and then draft a pair of stud receiver prospects. I'm hoping to see us in a situation next year where we have something like this:
1 - Greg Jennings
2 - Brian Hartline
3 - Davone Bess
4 - 1st/2nd Round Pick
5 - 2nd/3rd Round Pick
6 - Rishad Matthews

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
. Meanwhile, fans get to suck on 28-0 all off-season. No changes needed....

Junkie, with your love of Tebow and pure hatred of Tannehill, I don't give your opinion much weight (just being honest).

But I'll give you a chance to earn some points back by answering this:
Why do you put a 28-0 loss on the GM?

I think 7 wins clearly means he put enough talent on the team to play competitively. Why fire him for it when it obviously is more of a coaching and players doing their job issue?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

degs wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Junkie, with your love of Tebow and pure hatred of Tannehill, I don't give your opinion much weight (just being honest).

I think 7 wins clearly means he put enough talent on the team to play competitively. Why fire him for it when it obviously is more of a coaching and players doing their job issue?

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but, wasn't Ireland the guy who hired the staff and drafted the players???

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:44 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Did Jeff Ireland suit up today? Did Jeff Ireland not prepare his team for the game today? Jeff Ireland was ina warm cozy room during the game.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
degs wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but, wasn't Ireland the guy who hired the staff and drafted the players???

I think Ross hired Philbin.
So every time the Dolphins lose it's Ireland's fault?
Wow thats a tough job!!!

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:52 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:

He did. He hired the guys who put up a 7-8 record in their first 15 games of a clearly transitional season. That's not an effort worth firing him over.

You put the results of the season on the GM. You put the results of an individual game on the coach and some of the players.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:54 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

degs wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

He did. He hired the guys who put up a 7-8 record in their first 15 games of a clearly transitional season. That's not an effort worth firing him over.

You put the results of the season on the GM. You put the results of an individual game on the coach and some of the players.

Ireland took over for Parcells fully in 2010. He's had some nice moves, he's had some bad moves. I personally don't think he'll loose his job. I think the team is on the right track. But at the same time I truly hope our owner seriously looks at Ireland and properly evaluates if he's the right guy for the job going forward. Because we have a lot of picks this year, and a lot of free agent money, we need to be sure we've got the right guy managing it.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Ireland took over for Parcells fully in 2010. He's had some nice moves, he's had some bad moves. I personally don't think he'll loose his job. I think the team is on the right track. But at the same time I truly hope our owner seriously looks at Ireland and properly evaluates if he's the right guy for the job going forward. Because we have a lot of picks this year, and a lot of free agent money, we need to be sure we've got the right guy managing it.

I think that is a very fair statement.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

degs wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I think that is a very fair statement.

You've got to do what's fair for the team. Not what's fair for Ireland, but the team. The organization always comes first. If getting a new GM is the best option for the team going forward, then I hope Ross makes the move. But if after his evaluation Ireland is our best option, then I hope he is retained. What I don't want to see is us make a move out of desperation and sign someone who isn't an upgrade. I don't want to see change for the sake of change. If we're going to make a move I want to see us upgrade.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 am

Next year is a rebuilding & a transitional year as well. We all agree this year was as well. In fact the terms rebuilding & transitional have been associated with this team on this board since 2008. That is the problem with Ireland. If we fail to make the playoffs next year it will be written here that it takes time for all these new pieces to gel & that Ireland should be kept here to see this thing thru. We can win 5 games next year but some will still see positive steps , we have as Dolphin fans been programed to accept failure.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Next year is a rebuilding & a transitional year as well. We all agree this year was as well. In fact the terms rebuilding & transitional have been associated with this team on this board since 2008. That is the problem with Ireland. If we fail to make the playoffs next year it will be written here that it takes time for all these new pieces to gel & that Ireland should be kept here to see this thing thru. We can win 5 games next year but some will still see positive steps , we have as Dolphin fans been programed to accept failure.

I don't think that most fans accept failure. I believe that is a myth that is stated to bolster a position. Because someone disagrees with a persons opinion does not mean that failure is acceptable. Will you find a few people who will do whatever? sometimes? You could probably say that about most anything.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Jeff Ireland has never put together a winning roster. I've watched many team successfully rebuild within the same time span. I can't believe he still has a job. If he were a QB, he wouldn't make the practice squad.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

rodneyfaile wrote:
Jeff Ireland has never put together a winning roster. I've watched many team successfully rebuild within the same time span. I can't believe he still has a job. If he were a QB, he wouldn't make the practice squad.

Problem is we don't really know how much say he had in those first few years. I've read he wanted Matt Ryan with the first overall pick which could have made his life a lot different.

The only drafts/signings/trades I associate with him are 2011 and 2012. Decent, not spectacular.

He has a ton of cap room and a lot of picks this spring. Zero excuses if he can't put a playoff caliber team on the field in 2013.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:34 am

jammer wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

Problem is we don't really know how much say he had in those first few years. I've read he wanted Matt Ryan with the first overall pick which could have made his life a lot different.

The only drafts/signings/trades I associate with him are 2011 and 2012. Decent, not spectacular.

He has a ton of cap room and a lot of picks this spring. Zero excuses if he can't put a playoff caliber team on the field in 2013.

there will always be excuses around here

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:

Problem is we don't really know how much say he had in those first few years. I've read he wanted Matt Ryan with the first overall pick which could have made his life a lot different..

Also heard he wanted to draft Jimmy Graham but BP wanted to wait till Rd. 4. How many times have we heard an underling wanted to do something, but the man making the call didn't & it always worked out against us?

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am

Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:

Problem is we don't really know how much say he had in those first few years. I've read he wanted Matt Ryan with the first overall pick which could have made his life a lot different..

Also heard he wanted to draft Jimmy Graham but BP wanted to wait till Rd. 4. How many times have we heard an underling wanted to do something, but the man making the call didn't & it always worked out against us?

As often as the fans will buy it.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:

Yep, this year we had roughly three to six rookies on the field at the same time on any given play towards the end of the season. Next year that number might stay the same. I could easily see us adding an offensive lineman, a pair of wideouts, and maybe a tightend via the draft. Then on defense I could easily see us adding a pair of defensive backs and possibly another pass rusher. With five picks in the first three rounds, I only see us getting younger. While I think we'll improve next season, you're 100% correct that we're still right smack in the middle of a huge rebuild. But I don't think we can accept a step back next year. We finished 7-9 this year, that is officially the benchmark. If we don't improve, then that is a failure in my eyes. Anything less than 9-7 next year and I'll be dissapointed.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next