View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:00 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Special thanks to Jeff Ireland... 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Special thanks to Jeff Ireland...
Without you, mediocrity just wouldn't be possible. Thanks for getting "good value" for both BMarsh and Davis....whoops was that Davis with the INT 1 on 1 with Andre Johnson...anyway back to good value.

Predcition: Until this clown is sent packing and we get good value by firing him him the off-season....Miami isn't going anywhere. Dan Marino could walk into that guys office and not have the biggest ego in the room. The entire body of work for him.....C...which is why this team is stuck in mediocrity.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:47 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Special thanks to Jeff Ireland...
Yup, many bad moves over the years. A few good ones as well, but some mistakes just leave me scratching my head...

PS that INT was nice, but not really Vontaes lighting up Johnson, Schaub under threw him.. Johnson is over 140 already today, hardly something to promote the bad trade...

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Johnson has like 10 catches, no TDs. "Schaub underthrew him...please. Go watch it. Vontae cut him off and then ran to the ball. Johnson had no shot at the ball. We don't have a CB on the roster that does that. Smith doesn't give up that much underneath but he makes zero big plays.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:58 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Vontae has 2 picks this year.. I'm not mad. He's also gotten beat a LOT.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Johnson has like 10 catches, no TDs. "Schaub underthrew him...please. Go watch it. Vontae cut him off and then ran to the ball. Johnson had no shot at the ball. We don't have a CB on the roster that does that. Smith doesn't give up that much underneath but he makes zero big plays.

It was under thrown. You need to go watch it..And while your at it listen to the commentator say it was under thrown

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:04 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Seriously Junkie? ANother VD thread? He got torched all day by Johnson. It's funny, when our QB throws a pick it's all him, but when Shaub threw a pick it was all VD....yeah.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Vontaze had 2 picks.....

How is that 21-0 score in NE at halftime feeling?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:59 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Vontaze had 2 picks.....

Does VD play offense? You guys crack me up.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Dolphin's offense did not give NE 21 pts in a half....Although Tannehill did help.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Vontaze had 2 picks.....

Exactly. We don't have a cornerback on the roster and these clowns are touting how poor Vontae is.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Makchell wrote:
Vontaze had 2 picks.....

Does VD play offense? You guys crack me up.

No but with 20 attempts in the first half has a single CB gotten a hand on the ball?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Makchell wrote:
Seriously Junkie? ANother VD thread? He got torched all day by Johnson. It's funny, when our QB throws a pick it's all him, but when Shaub threw a pick it was all VD....yeah.

BTW, Vontae was the last straw with Ireland. His entire record blows but as long as people defend him, he'll get to stay. Enjoy 8-8 next season if he does.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

8-8 is over achieving for the Phins :)

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

BTW, Vontae was the last straw with Ireland. His entire record blows but as long as people defend him, he'll get to stay. Enjoy 8-8 next season if he does.

8-8? wooohoo

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Kev1321 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

It was under thrown. You need to go watch it..And while your at it listen to the commentator say it was under thrown

I only saw one. Vontae jammed Johnson, got in front and ran to the ball like he was the intended target. It was an endzone pick. Vontae had 2 picks...that's as many as Smith had all season. Excuse me for not keeping up.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

8-8 next season,but if we had B marsh and VD we would be 12-4, right? Add your boy Tebow and we go undeafted. Predictions this early is silly bro...

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
8-8 next season,but if we had B marsh and VD we would be 12-4, right? Add your boy Tebow and we go undeafted. Predictions this early is silly bro...

I don't know about that.....looking like 7-9 for the third time in four years. Once they were 6-10. 7-9 +/- one game seems a fair bet.... :grin:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Makchell wrote:

Harbaugh - meets with Ireland...signs next day with SF
Manning - meets with Ireland...signs next day with Broncos
BMarsh - Couldn't wait to leave
Fisher - meets with Ireland...signs next day with St. Louis (says, that organization is F'd as he inks with St Louis)
Chad Johnson - You're hurting for WRs...guy had NO off field issues...has one in Miami...cut
QB - Moore was 6-3 down the stretch. Brought in Garrard...named starter...hurts knee Jet Skiing
Untested, raw Tannehill put in to start. Garrard cut
VD - sent packing for good value, Miami spends the rest of the season looking for a CB.

Mak, open your eyes man....this team sucks. It hasn't gotten better under Ireland. Its time to move on.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

But, but, but.....we are poised to turn the corner!!!

Yeah....if they jettison Ireland.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:38 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Harbaugh - meets with Ireland...signs next day with SF

He lives in the Bay area, never was gonna sign here.

Manning - meets with Ireland...signs next day with Broncos

Was this verified?

BMarsh - Couldn't wait to leave

Head case, and still is on a losing team.

Fisher - meets with Ireland...signs next day with St. Louis (says, that organization is F'd as he inks with St Louis)

He's done nothing yet, jury still out.

Chad Johnson - You're hurting for WRs...guy had NO off field issues...has one in Miami...cut

Yep, CJ is soooo good that he is, um, well, not employed.

QB - Moore was 6-3 down the stretch. Brought in Garrard...named starter...hurts knee Jet Skiing
Untested, raw Tannehill put in to start. Garrard cut

Moore is what he is, a backup journeyman QB. See above regarding Gerrad.

VD - sent packing for good value, Miami spends the rest of the season looking for a CB.

Jury still out on the trade.

Mak, open your eyes man....this team sucks. It hasn't gotten better under Ireland. Its time to move on.

Again, jury still out. We can't keep firing everybody every couple of years. He has done some good things, this draft looks promising. Good non signings Orton, FLynn.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

7-9' 7-9, 6-10, 7-9.....he trend is crap and mor crap. Ireland sucks.

Bears are losers? They are in playoff contention right now.... :hithead:

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:44 pm

you're 100% right. No convincing of you otherwise. In any case...how are you enjoying 7-8 with your team down by 21 and hiking their skirt to NE .... again....and again....and again......Let me know how your boy Ireland works out for you.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:46 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Vontae sucks.. And we got a good pick for him. Someone call grandma. Woohoo!

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:47 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Ok guys, goodnight

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Quote:
Again, jury still out. We can't keep firing everybody every couple of years. He has done some good things, this draft looks promising. Good non signings Orton, FLynn.

Irelands been around awhile. I'm willing to give Philbin and Rt one more season. However, if I'm in position to take a QB in the draft and the right guy is there...I take that. BTW..add not trading up to grab RGIII amongst Irelands failure.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:48 pm

hypocritex wrote:
Vontae sucks.. And we got a good pick for him. Someone call grandma. Woohoo!

His Grandma could prbably out play most of our secondary

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:50 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

Irelands been around awhile. I'm willing to give Philbin and Rt one more season.
I guess they are shakin in their boots that you are only giving them one more season.

NFLJunkie wrote:
..add not trading up to grab RGIII amongst Irelands failure.
What did Miami have to offer that would have beaten the Skins offer?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Quote:
Under the deal, the Redskins and Rams will swap first-rounders this year, sources said. The Rams also will receive two future first-round picks and a second-round pick, Rams vice president and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff confirmed to The Sports Xchange after the story first broke.

Miami had a second and 2 thirds.

BTW, until people are fed up with the way things are done in S. Florida, the entire organization is just as Fisher said it is....screwed. The team as a whole is screwed and sitting here waiting for things to change.....well that's the frustrating part. We keep asking for more time. This guy needs to develop, this coach needs time, Ireland just needs another off-season to rpove himself. Seems to me when Miami gets great play out of the QB position their coaches will suddenly become genius's and their GM and Owner will achieve god status. Until that day, this team is just like any other mediocre team that can't get to the playoffs.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Miami had a second and 2 thirds.
I guess the No. 8 pick & a 2nd & ( 2 ) 3rds trumps what they got from the Skins. No. 6 overall, 2nd, 2013 1st & a 2014 1st.

NFLJunkie wrote:
BTW, until people are fed up with the way things are done in S. Florida, the entire organization is just as Fisher said it is....screwed. The team as a whole is screwed and sitting here waiting for things to change.....well that's the frustrating part. We keep asking for more time. This guy needs to develop, this coach needs time, Ireland just needs another off-season to prove himself.
Life in the NFL.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Seems to me when Miami gets great play out of the QB position their coaches will suddenly become genius's and their GM and Owner will achieve god status. Until that day, this team is just like any other mediocre team that can't get to the playoffs.

That's life in the NFL.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Seems to me when Miami gets great play out of the QB position their coaches will suddenly become genius's and their GM and Owner will achieve god status. Until that day, this team is just like any other mediocre team that can't get to the playoffs.

This is a great post. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's all about QB play. Until you find a franchise QB, you will suck....look around the league.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Quote:
I guess the No. 8 pick & a 2nd & ( 2 ) 3rds trumps what they got from the Skins. No. 6 overall, 2nd, 2013 1st & a 2014 1st.

Yes if they threw in their future number 1s as well. Washington only had 1 3 to cough up.
"Life in the NFL"....no its Miami's life in the NFL. 4 straight losing seasons...Ireland is the only link. Time to move on.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Makchell wrote:

This is a great post. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's all about QB play. Until you find a franchise QB, you will suck....look around the league.

Everyone on Denver's staff right now is the best thing since sliced bread. The big change was Peyton Manning at QB. Ditto for the Colts. As soon as Miami finds "the man" the outcomes won't change. Unfortunately as with all of our "attempts"...they always need time. So much for finding a Dalton or Luck, RGIII to just overcome the talent issues around them.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Yes if they threw in their future number 1s as well. Washington only had 1 3 to cough up.

You are assuming the Rams wanted to drop from No. 2 to No. 8. Doubt a couple of 3rds would have enticed them to do that.

They wanted Blackmon & would have known he would not have lasted to 8. Especially since he did not last to 6.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

BTW, until people are fed up with the way things are done in S. Florida, the entire organization is just as Fisher said it is....screwed. The team as a whole is screwed and sitting here waiting for things to change.....well that's the frustrating part. We keep asking for more time. This guy needs to develop, this coach needs time, Ireland just needs another off-season to rpove himself. Seems to me when Miami gets great play out of the QB position their coaches will suddenly become genius's and their GM and Owner will achieve god status. Until that day, this team is just like any other mediocre team that can't get to the playoffs.

So what do you want to do dial 1-800 - wantaqb?

No but seriously I was not sold on RG III before the draft, were you? I know it is not our job it is Irelands' to pick QB's but I am still not sold on RG III are you sure he will be great? I wonder if his body will hold up with the kind of play he does at his position? I hope so because I like him as a person and a player.

Are you sure that we don't have our QB of the future? I am not sure of that yet. So waiting and seeing is part of the process. If he turns out to be the future then Ireland is the one who brought him in, will that make him ok in your eyes if that happens?

Giving a coach one year I think is a bit unreasonable if that is what you are calling for I am not in agreement.

Are the fans being fed up the way things got turned around in GB?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Without you, mediocrity just wouldn't be possible. Thanks for getting "good value" for both BMarsh and Davis....whoops was that Davis with the INT 1 on 1 with Andre Johnson...anyway back to good value.

Predcition: Until this clown is sent packing and we get good value by firing him him the off-season....Miami isn't going anywhere. Dan Marino could walk into that guys office and not have the biggest ego in the room. The entire body of work for him.....C...which is why this team is stuck in mediocrity.

Receiving: A. Johnson (HOU) - 12 REC, 141 YDS

I'm glad you noticed the pick though.... impressive!!

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:34 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's hard to watch the other rookie QBs playing for playofffs and meaningful games. The jury is still out on all the rookie QBs. Wait until 2 years from now. Cam Newton was gonna wint he SB this year, but he slumped, bad. Wait and see.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Quote:
So what do you want to do dial 1-800 - wantaqb?

No but seriously I was not sold on RG III before the draft, were you? I know it is not our job it is Irelands' to pick QB's but I am still not sold on RG III are you sure he will be great? I wonder if his body will hold up with the kind of play he does at his position? I hope so because I like him as a person and a player.

Are you sure that we don't have our QB of the future? I am not sure of that yet. So waiting and seeing is part of the process. If he turns out to be the future then Ireland is the one who brought him in, will that make him ok in your eyes if that happens?

Giving a coach one year I think is a bit unreasonable if that is what you are calling for I am not in agreement.

Are the fans being fed up the way things got turned around in GB?

Titans, Bills....2 games they had to have. In the middle of the season which determined the playoff race.....they lost both, RT blew chunks in both games. Is he the guy? I don't know. What I know is that I'm as unsure now as I was when he took the field in week 1. I see Chad Henne with a little more accuracy and better wheels.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Colts 1 year rebuilding program: 2-14 to 11-5

Parcells/Ireland 5 year rebuilding program: 1-15 to 7-9

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

paydurt wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I am sure you didn't notice the L the Texans got....

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
paydurt wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I am sure you didn't notice the L the Texans got....

Was that Jeff Ireland's fault too?

Look man...VD got abused all day by Andre Johnson on top of missing half the season due to injury but he gets one pick against an elite receiver and it was a bad trade?..

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next