View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Thursday Morning talking points: Reggie Bush reiterates desi 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Thursday Morning talking points: Reggie Bush reiterates desi
Quote:
by Brian Biggane

Talking points for a Thursday morning as the Dolphins prepare for what forecasters predict will be a snowy finale in Foxborough:

1. Reggie Bush continues to make a case that he should return next season as feature running back.

Bush had his last weekly press conference of the season Wednesday and spent much of his allotted time answering questions about how much he’d like to extend his two-year run in South Florida.

“I would definitely love to be back,” Bush replied when he was asked yet again about his future plans. “I’ve said that plenty of times when asked. We’ll see what happens in the offseason.

When asked why, he continued, “For one, I don’t want to bounce from team to team, I want to have a home base. And I really enjoy the fan base here, the city of Miami, and there’s also a great tradition here of winning, of excellence.

Bush said recently there have been no talks between his representatives and the Dolphins about a return ...

2. How Dimitri Patterson fares against Tom Brady this week could go a long way toward determining his future as a Dolphin.

3.Mike Pouncey vs. Vince Wilfork is evolving into a can’t-miss battle in the trenches.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... to-return/

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:08 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Thursday Morning talking points: Reggie Bush reiterates desi
I know the Dolphins have said they want to re-sign Reggie at a cost the team is comfortable with. I hope it a number Reggie is happy with as well, as I think he is a weapon that can be a big asset to the Dolphins.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
I know the Dolphins have said they want to re-sign Reggie at a cost the team is comfortable with. I hope it a number Reggie is happy with as well, as I think he is a weapon that can be a big asset to the Dolphins.

I agree, keep Reggie. He'll only get better once the offensive line is able to run the zone blocking scheme the way our staff wants. Bush has shown that when the holes are there he's capable of having monster games. I'd love to see us re-sign him long term. Hopefully the two sides can come together and agree on a team friendly deal that allows us to add more talent.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think he would stay here for less money than elsewhere, but we have to be respectful in what we offer him and how we treat him. I'd love to see him stay on, but I don't know if I want him to be my primary back. I think he is a playmaker, a game changer, but not the guy I depend on to make his own holes for those 3-5 yard gains on a consistent basis. He needs space to operate and is a serious asset in the passing game.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

What would you guys think of completely converting him as a WR after the upcoming 2013 season (if he returns) and bring Lamar Miller in as the feature back?

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
What would you guys think of completely converting him as a WR after the upcoming 2013 season (if he returns) and bring Lamar Miller in as the feature back?

40 more yards and it will be the 2nd year in a row he's rushed for over 1,000 yards. Bush is a runningback, and a good one at that. He just happens to also be a good receiver. My opinion of Bush is you bring him back, pair him up with Miller and Thomas, and build an offensive line that can consistently open up holes. If we do that, we'll be good at runningback for a long time.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think we should definitely bring him back. Obviously money has a lot to do with it, but he still has talent and can help us devote our draft picks to other positions. I would be fine with something similar to 5 mil/yr for 3-4 years. I mean he will likely hit 1,000 yards, but the top backs are getting closer to 1,500 so he shouldn't expect super high end money, but who knows with guys nowadays. He may see it as his last chance at a big contract, so it could get tricky. IMO, 3 yrs around 15mil would be a respectable offer.

Giving him the majority of the carries, as well as a situational player at other positions on the field can give this offense a chance to be much better next season.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]