View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 it just keeps getting funnier 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post it just keeps getting funnier
Jets head coach Rex Ryan reportedly "loves" Michael Vick and would be open to having him in New York.

:)
"Bring it on," one Jets source said about signing Vick if he becomes available. "He was hit too many times (behind a subpar offensive line) the last two years." As we all know, Vick is expected to be released by the Eagles after the season, and reports are that he would be open to going to the Jets as long as Mark Sanchez was out of the picture. Ryan certainly seems to be on more stable ground in New York than Sanchez, and bringing Vick in could help buy Ryan another year or so.

- New York Daily News

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: it just keeps getting funnier
Quote:
The New York Daily News reports that the Jets will attempt to trade Mark Sanchez this offseason.
Good luck with that, Jets. As we've gone over and pounded into the heads of everyone over the past few weeks, Sanchez is owed $8.25 million in guaranteed money next year. The Jets would certainly have to eat that money in order to pull off a deal, while the other team would have to pay Sanchez roughly $3 million. New York would be extremely fortunate to even get a late-round pick in exchange for the former No. 5 overall pick turned third-stringer. Cutting him seems more likely, and that would bring on a $17.1 million cap hit.

- New York Daily News

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Sanchez is clearly taken major steps backwards this year. With Tebow there he should have improved due to competition, but he wilted with the pressure. Sanchez is throwing passes in places where he shouldn't be throwing them and that's even when there isn't pressure from the defense.

I don't see how Rex Ryan is even there next year to get Vick. And Vick is under contract. Why would he even be talking about it? Behind a good OL, I think Vick is still a good quarterback, but you'd better have a good backup because he never plays a full season. It may be time for him to consider retirement due to all of his concussions.

Unfortunately, as bad as the Jets are, they still own the tie-breaker over us. What does that say about us? Good thing we are headed in different directions, eh?

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
Unfortunately, as bad as the Jets are, they still own the tie-breaker over us. What does that say about us? Good thing we are headed in different directions, eh?

No doubt Dave. We have the most upside & potential of any team in the league right now & most teams realize that & want no part of us. Yes its a good thing we are heading in a different direction whatever that direction is. I guess the direction will finally be reached when Brady retires.
What would really be funny though is if the Jets go with the kid from Alabama next season. I bet they also make a run at Alex Smith.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:30 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I bet some team actually trades for Sanchez with thought of building his confidence back up and seeing if he can at least be a great backup.

He won some big playoff games and has had clutch moments. He's just a guy who needs a lot of weapons to succeed.

The Jets are going to have to live with McElroy, a draft pick and a bargain FA. Don't be surprised if Matt Moore is given a chance there. I don't think they can afford Vick and he's going to end up on a team that has some bucks to spend.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

While I agree he has played horribly. He is playing with no running game, no Wr that can catch & his TE has been injured. Plus his OL is not the greatest. Usually Qb will struggle in those situations.

Plus he is now pressing. He needed to be benched & probably get out of NY.

Everyone thought Pete Carroll was just being selfish when he got upset Sanchez went pro. With only 12 college starts, he knew the guy was not ready for the pros & I think chasing the quick money will cost Sanchez long term earning power.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Note - if the Jets designate Sanchez as an "after June 1st" cut then it will cost them 14.1m instead of 17.1...

Still a huge hit.

Vick is garbage... always has been. He'll never take a team to a Superbowl...

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm not too sure how I'd feel about Vick in the AFC East. While he's had a bad season, it's mainly because he has absolutely zero protection. The Jets have a much better offensive line, and with the addition of Vick would have a renewed rushing attack. If they were able to add a couple of receiver they could be dangerous. Honestly, I don't like the idea of Vick in New York. They'd be much tougher than they are now in my opinion.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Just heard they will make a run at Steven Jackson as well. Its funny with all the moves we , the Jets & Bills make we jump each other but still fail to overtake the Patriots. That needs to be the goal.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Just heard they will make a run at Steven Jackson as well. Its funny with all the moves we , the Jets & Bills make we jump each other but still fail to overtake the Patriots. That needs to be the goal.

It's because the Patriots are the only team in our division that doesn't constantly chase expensive free agents. They draft their talent, develop it, and then sign veteran free agents for depth and to fill out the rest of the roster. We need to pay attention and do the same thing. I really hope Ireland is paying attention. I really hope we don't go chasing the flashy free agents this offseason. If we do go after a free agent, I hope the guy's more substance than flash.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I would not be surprised if Ryan is fired after this season. Watching the Jets go into a tailspin this year has made Miami's season a little more tolerable. The Jets are headed for a complete over haul and years of struggling with salary cap issues.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
I would not be surprised if Ryan is fired after this season. Watching the Jets go into a tailspin this year has made Miami's season a little more tolerable. The Jets are headed for a complete over haul and years of struggling with salary cap issues.

It's hard to tell if Ryan is going to get fired. He took them to the AFC Championship game two years in a row. I think he's a good coach. But for some reason the Jets keep losing talent each year. In my opinion that falls on the GM. I think if Ryan goes, so should the GM.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:47 pm

He has had winning seasons all but this year. I think he stays. The GM has to go.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:15 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rex Ryan made a bad bad mistake bringing in Tony S for his O coordinator. He made a mistake trusting Sanchez and bringing in Tebow all together. He is a good defensive coach but I feel as if he lacks game planning and managing off the field things. He has some good ups but his downs are killers. I'd say he is a mediocre coach, but who the hell am I? I wouldn't want him to coach the Dolphins.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
According to sources, the Jets do not plan to bring back offensive coordinator Tony Sparano (the Jets are ranked 30th in total offense in Sparano's first season in the role) and Johnson has been putting out feelers for ideas to determine the ideal structure of his front office.

Some league sources believe coach Rex Ryan, who will return, would be best served working again with general manager Mike Tannenbaum, which they believe would provide Johnson the type of stability he respects in other organizations led by such owners as the Maras and Rooneys.

Meanwhile, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine's contract is up and longtime special teams coach Mike Westhoff is retiring.

Hiring Tony to be the oc was a joke..Then you add Tebow.

And they didn't see this coming?

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's because the Patriots are the only team in our division that doesn't constantly chase expensive free agents. They draft their talent, develop it, and then sign veteran free agents for depth and to fill out the rest of the roster. We need to pay attention and do the same thing. I really hope Ireland is paying attention. I really hope we don't go chasing the flashy free agents this offseason. If we do go after a free agent, I hope the guy's more substance than flash

It all has to do with QB play. Look around the league.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:35 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I talk to a big Jets Fan last week at work. His coment "I didn't think it was possible to hate TS more than I ddi when he was a Dolphin...I was wrong"

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

As awful as the Jets are, our record will only have one more win. Chew on that for awhile.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]