Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12053
Location: Raleigh, NC
I admit that I am a Tebow fan, but I also see his limitations.

Does anyone else out there think the Jets have really mismanaged not only the team, but how to use Tebow? How often do I see him forced to run right up the middle ... no imagination ... no nothing. Sparano, to me, is just an idiot.

With Sanchez throwing and fumbling the games away, they stick with Sanchez. What?? How can Tebow or McElroy do any worst. And now, for the last 2 games, they are going to start a 7th round draft pick in McElroy?

Give me a break.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Yeah I agree... people continue to tell this kid he cant do it... but the coach who believes in him won't regret it.

Sadly I see the Patriots taking him and turning him into a star FB or something


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
Tebow is not an NFL QB.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12053
Location: Raleigh, NC
Rich wrote:
Tebow is not an NFL QB.


He's definitely not a traditional type of quarterback, but I think he can win in the NFL at the QB position with the right coordinator.

How do you pass over Tebow all year, a player that you traded for to 'push' Sanchez? Obviously noodle-brained Sanchez couldn't handle the QB competition.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm
Posts: 125
Rich wrote:
Tebow is not an NFL QB.


Last time i checked being listed as a qb in the nfl makes you an nfl qb lol


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Funny how even with all the Patriot hate we always think a guy will go there and become a star

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
Big Dave wrote:
but I think he can win in the NFL at the QB position with the right coordinator.


He can win when the defense and running game are downright dominant...

Then again, so can my grandmother.

He's not going to have longterm success as an NFL QB or become a franchise guy.... ever.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Rich wrote:
He's not going to have longterm success as an NFL QB or become a franchise guy.... ever.


I agree, and so does Rex Ryan. Which is why he's scared to death of playing him. If he does succeed in these last 2 games, then what? Because of pressure you'll be forced to put him out there in 2013.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12053
Location: Raleigh, NC
Rich wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
but I think he can win in the NFL at the QB position with the right coordinator.


He can win when the defense and running game are downright dominant...

Then again, so can my grandmother.

He's not going to have longterm success as an NFL QB or become a franchise guy.... ever.


Well, with that logic then we would have went to the playoffs last year with Tebow. Our defenses were comparably average ... and that's with a bad start to our season in 2011.

Image

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... 11/opp.htm

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
Big Dave wrote:
Well, with that logic then we would have went to the playoffs last year with Tebow. Our defenses were comparably average ... and that's with a bad start to our season in 2011.


You missed a spot Dave...

I said running game as well. How did ours compare to Denver's?

Also, Denver's defense started slow as well but really picked it up as the season went one. Their ranking doesn't reflect the way they finished the season. They were (and still are) one of the most effective defenses in the NFL. In fact, Denver's defense is ranked 4th in the NFL this year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:09 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
I always hate this arguement. Tebow IS an NFL quarterback, but he's not a very good one. If you want to use him as a redzone or short yardage Wildcat quarterback, he can be useful. It was proven in Denver. But as an every down, every situation player, he's inefficient. He's the type of guy you use in short yardage situations when you have a struggling starter.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6683
Denver's running game sucked last year. The defense was better than average but struggled against the run. Tebows first season under center and he went 8-1. BTW...defense did get better when they started to believe they could win...ditto Miami last season. If Tebow gets put in the right situation, he can win


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12053
Location: Raleigh, NC
wkloiber13 wrote:
I always hate this arguement. Tebow IS an NFL quarterback, but he's not a very good one. If you want to use him as a redzone or short yardage Wildcat quarterback, he can be useful. It was proven in Denver. But as an every down, every situation player, he's inefficient. He's the type of guy you use in short yardage situations when you have a struggling starter.


And that pretty much nails it right there. He'll see a lot of 3 and outs, so, he will need a decent defense. But he also has a knack for making the big play to win close games. Denver's defense wasn't as good as the media led us to believe last year, but they kept average/good offenses out of the end zone.

If I were Tebow I'd go to the CFL to get a chance to develop. The Jets were clearly the wrong move. Sparano has killed that offense there.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
NFLJunkie wrote:
Denver's running game sucked last year. The defense was better than average but struggled against the run. Tebows first season under center and he went 8-1. BTW...defense did get better when they started to believe they could win...ditto Miami last season. If Tebow gets put in the right situation, he can win


Willis McGahee was 8th in rushing last year. Denver had the #1 running game in the NFL last year. Yeah bro... they sucked.

Awesome argument as always.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6683
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Denver's running game sucked last year. The defense was better than average but struggled against the run. Tebows first season under center and he went 8-1. BTW...defense did get better when they started to believe they could win...ditto Miami last season. If Tebow gets put in the right situation, he can win


Willis McGahee was 8th in rushing last year. Denver had the #1 running game in the NFL last year. Yeah bro... they sucked.

Awesome argument as always.

As usual cant "think" about why that might be. Tebow averaged 47.1 yards a game. Without that, their rush offense was middle of the pack. No better than Miami.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Denver's running game sucked last year. The defense was better than average but struggled against the run. Tebows first season under center and he went 8-1. BTW...defense did get better when they started to believe they could win...ditto Miami last season. If Tebow gets put in the right situation, he can win


Willis McGahee was 8th in rushing last year. Denver had the #1 running game in the NFL last year. Yeah bro... they sucked.

Awesome argument as always.

As usual cant "think" about why that might be. Tebow averaged 47.1 yards a game. Without that, their rush offense was middle of the pack. No better than Miami.


You said their running game sucked. Now they are middle of the pack.

Make up your mind. :)

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Future asst. QB coach at Ohio state.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: OT: Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 216
How can Tebow be expected to succeed with Sparano as his offensive coordinator and Ryan as his head coach? The Jets hired Sparano because they thought they could use Tebow in the Wildcat...but they never realized that it was David Lee who introduced that and created the plays for Miami and not Sparano. Tebow is also a horrible practice player and because of that, the coaches thought he would not be able to succeed with a variety of plays on the field. Yet the coaching staff never took the time to research or find out that Tebow has ALWAYS been a bad practice player...including when he won a Heisman and two national titles at Florida. So the Jets gave Tebow basically four plays - run up the middle, run off left tackle, run off right tackle, hand the ball off and that's it. Every defense stacked the box and did not allow him to go anywhere. That's not his fault. Put him on a team with a competent offensive mind and he's a double-digit touchdown scorer as a part-time player.

_________________
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive: http://www.onlygators.com


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r