View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 OT: Tim Tebow 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post OT: Tim Tebow
I admit that I am a Tebow fan, but I also see his limitations.

Does anyone else out there think the Jets have really mismanaged not only the team, but how to use Tebow? How often do I see him forced to run right up the middle ... no imagination ... no nothing. Sparano, to me, is just an idiot.

With Sanchez throwing and fumbling the games away, they stick with Sanchez. What?? How can Tebow or McElroy do any worst. And now, for the last 2 games, they are going to start a 7th round draft pick in McElroy?

Give me a break.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: OT: Tim Tebow
Yeah I agree... people continue to tell this kid he cant do it... but the coach who believes in him won't regret it.

Sadly I see the Patriots taking him and turning him into a star FB or something

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Tebow is not an NFL QB.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Tebow is not an NFL QB.

He's definitely not a traditional type of quarterback, but I think he can win in the NFL at the QB position with the right coordinator.

How do you pass over Tebow all year, a player that you traded for to 'push' Sanchez? Obviously noodle-brained Sanchez couldn't handle the QB competition.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
Tebow is not an NFL QB.

Last time i checked being listed as a qb in the nfl makes you an nfl qb lol

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Funny how even with all the Patriot hate we always think a guy will go there and become a star

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 am

Big Dave wrote:
but I think he can win in the NFL at the QB position with the right coordinator.

He can win when the defense and running game are downright dominant...

Then again, so can my grandmother.

He's not going to have longterm success as an NFL QB or become a franchise guy.... ever.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 am

Rich wrote:
He's not going to have longterm success as an NFL QB or become a franchise guy.... ever.

I agree, and so does Rex Ryan. Which is why he's scared to death of playing him. If he does succeed in these last 2 games, then what? Because of pressure you'll be forced to put him out there in 2013.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:51 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
but I think he can win in the NFL at the QB position with the right coordinator.

He can win when the defense and running game are downright dominant...

Then again, so can my grandmother.

Well, with that logic then we would have went to the playoffs last year with Tebow. Our defenses were comparably average ... and that's with a bad start to our season in 2011.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... 11/opp.htm

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 pm
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
Well, with that logic then we would have went to the playoffs last year with Tebow. Our defenses were comparably average ... and that's with a bad start to our season in 2011.

You missed a spot Dave...

I said running game as well. How did ours compare to Denver's?

Also, Denver's defense started slow as well but really picked it up as the season went one. Their ranking doesn't reflect the way they finished the season. They were (and still are) one of the most effective defenses in the NFL. In fact, Denver's defense is ranked 4th in the NFL this year.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I always hate this arguement. Tebow IS an NFL quarterback, but he's not a very good one. If you want to use him as a redzone or short yardage Wildcat quarterback, he can be useful. It was proven in Denver. But as an every down, every situation player, he's inefficient. He's the type of guy you use in short yardage situations when you have a struggling starter.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:09 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Denver's running game sucked last year. The defense was better than average but struggled against the run. Tebows first season under center and he went 8-1. BTW...defense did get better when they started to believe they could win...ditto Miami last season. If Tebow gets put in the right situation, he can win

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

wkloiber13 wrote:
I always hate this arguement. Tebow IS an NFL quarterback, but he's not a very good one. If you want to use him as a redzone or short yardage Wildcat quarterback, he can be useful. It was proven in Denver. But as an every down, every situation player, he's inefficient. He's the type of guy you use in short yardage situations when you have a struggling starter.

And that pretty much nails it right there. He'll see a lot of 3 and outs, so, he will need a decent defense. But he also has a knack for making the big play to win close games. Denver's defense wasn't as good as the media led us to believe last year, but they kept average/good offenses out of the end zone.

If I were Tebow I'd go to the CFL to get a chance to develop. The Jets were clearly the wrong move. Sparano has killed that offense there.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 am
Profile WWW

NFLJunkie wrote:
Denver's running game sucked last year. The defense was better than average but struggled against the run. Tebows first season under center and he went 8-1. BTW...defense did get better when they started to believe they could win...ditto Miami last season. If Tebow gets put in the right situation, he can win

Willis McGahee was 8th in rushing last year. Denver had the #1 running game in the NFL last year. Yeah bro... they sucked.

Awesome argument as always.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:28 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Willis McGahee was 8th in rushing last year. Denver had the #1 running game in the NFL last year. Yeah bro... they sucked.

As usual cant "think" about why that might be. Tebow averaged 47.1 yards a game. Without that, their rush offense was middle of the pack. No better than Miami.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

As usual cant "think" about why that might be. Tebow averaged 47.1 yards a game. Without that, their rush offense was middle of the pack. No better than Miami.

You said their running game sucked. Now they are middle of the pack.

Make up your mind. :)

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:22 am

Future asst. QB coach at Ohio state.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:44 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

How can Tebow be expected to succeed with Sparano as his offensive coordinator and Ryan as his head coach? The Jets hired Sparano because they thought they could use Tebow in the Wildcat...but they never realized that it was David Lee who introduced that and created the plays for Miami and not Sparano. Tebow is also a horrible practice player and because of that, the coaches thought he would not be able to succeed with a variety of plays on the field. Yet the coaching staff never took the time to research or find out that Tebow has ALWAYS been a bad practice player...including when he won a Heisman and two national titles at Florida. So the Jets gave Tebow basically four plays - run up the middle, run off left tackle, run off right tackle, hand the ball off and that's it. Every defense stacked the box and did not allow him to go anywhere. That's not his fault. Put him on a team with a competent offensive mind and he's a double-digit touchdown scorer as a part-time player.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]