View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Reggie Bush missed running lanes 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Reggie Bush missed running lanes
Reggie puts in very good effort on every play, but he needs better vision to go with his impressive athletic abilities.

PFF wrote:
Frustrating Bush

Reggie Bush is a maddening player to watch. On one play he makes cuts, breaks tackles and looks like an All-Pro running back. On the next play, he will miss a hole and force a run to the outside for no gain. Bush (-1.3) had a beautiful run for 53 yards that displayed all of his natural ability, and finished the game with 104 yards on 21 carries. However, that tells only half of the story because those numbers could have been much larger if not for some missed running lanes. Left guard Richie Incognito opened a few holes for Bush that were not utilized because Bush insisted on bouncing the play wide. Bush was also a non-factor in the passing game, being targeted just once and making zero receptions.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... s-week-15/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Reggie Bush missed running lanes
He is a complement in a 2 back system, or a nice change of pace back. He needs to be in the passing game, he gets plays called but doesnt seem to be on the same page as RT.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:47 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

i've been saying all year that he's maddening to watch. All the dancing and wasted movements. I'm all for making Miller the bellcow next year. I don't care either way if Bush is brought back.
There will be talented backs available in the 4th thru 6th rounds. Guys like Joseph Randle and Mike Gillislee.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

i've been saying all year that he's maddening to watch. All the dancing and wasted movements. I'm all for making Miller the bellcow next year. I don't care either way if Bush is brought back.
There will be talented backs available in the 4th thru 6th rounds. Guys like Joseph Randle and Mike Gillislee

I agree, the guys dances to the line.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:48 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I would like to see Reggie bought back, but it would need to be a team friendly contract. Sure, he may miss some running lanes, but when he hits that lane, he is a homerun threat.

As far as using him in the passing game, I have been asking for this all season long. For what ever reason, the Dolphins don't use him in the passing game enough.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

He's a pretty good player. Glad to have him.

I like his dedication to the team and his leadership.

Ya he's not perfect but nobody tackles him one on one. And he can hit the homerun on any play.

I say keep him until someone beats him out of the job.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Eddie Lacy from Alabama is 6'1" 220lbs and can run a 4.44 40. He's big, powerful, and he hits the hole with authority. The kid has a nose for the endzone and he's money on short yardage situations.

If Bush is willing to resign for a good price (what he's currently signed for or less), then I'm all for bringing him back. He's a proven 1,000 yard rusher these past couple of seasons, and other than a bad bruise he's been pretty durable. But if he wants anything north of $5M a season, then I'd say adios and draft Lacy in a heartbeat.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:45 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:
Eddie Lacy from Alabama is 6'1" 220lbs and can run a 4.44 40. He's big, powerful, and he hits the hole with authority. The kid has a nose for the endzone and he's money on short yardage situations.

If Bush is willing to resign for a good price (what he's currently signed for or less), then I'm all for bringing him back. He's a proven 1,000 yard rusher these past couple of seasons, and other than a bad bruise he's been pretty durable. But if he wants anything north of $5M a season, then I'd say adios and draft Lacy in a heartbeat.

So with so many needs now you want us to use a first round pick on a running back?

I'm glad you aren't running the Dolphins.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Defense Defense Defense.......The Giants and Niners own Tom Brady

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Kev1321 wrote:

PASS RUSH

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

PASS RUSH

Yup. Being able to play coverage, and still get after the passer with 4 is everything in this league.

Given the talent that will be available, Miami needs to draft a DE in the 1st round. They need to get after the QB because of personnel, not scheme. That's the key to a great defense in today's game.

By the way, it's not defense defense defense. Did you watch that SF-NE game?

Pass rush is huge. But adding weapons for Tannehill is bigger.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

PASS RUSH

Pass Rushers and Defensive backs........

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:50 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

PASS RUSH

Pass Rushers and Defensive backs........

DB's look a hole lot better with a great pass rush.

It's not a coincidence that Nate Clements revived his career and Carlos Rogers went from average to Pro Bowl caliber once SF got Aldon Smith to compliment Justin Smith.

You put JPP, Aldon Smith, Von Miller, JJ Watt, Brandon Graham, Bruce Irvin....there are so many guys that have come out, and this class is supposedly even better than those 3....opposite of Wake, and our secondary is all of a sudden much better, and probably creates a lot more big plays.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:52 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins, I was a cornerback in high school and have said many times on this board about a need for a pass rusher to compliment Cameron Wake. That is why I had Pass Rusher, then Defensive backs.

If Miami does not re-sign Sean Smith, they definitely will look to draft another DB.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

So with so many needs now you want us to use a first round pick on a running back?

I'm glad you aren't running the Dolphins.

Who said he's a first round pick? I've seen him anywhere from the 2nd to 3rd round. And yes, if Reggie Bush were to become too expensive I would let him walk and draft a young runningback to take his place. Whether it be Lacy or some other prospect.

As for running the team, ditto.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Kev1321 wrote:

thats why I want to sign Mike Wallace, so we don't have to use our top pick at receiver. Would rather take Bjoern Werner, Dion Jordan or Ezekial Ansah to pair with Wake for a nasty pass rush.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]