View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Dispelling some of the negative propaganda on Dez Bryant 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Dispelling some of the negative propaganda on Dez Bryant
I found this in an article from Dave Hyde of the Sun-Sentinel, as he has a column form personnel from UnversialDraft.com that do a great job of breaking down the draft and personnel Miami is consdierng. AQNOR has posted some of there stuff and "Analyzing Week 11" is up now.

This is a little snippett from them in regards to Dez Braynt and his Pro Day as well as some information on Mike Mayock and his conversation with OSU HC Mike Gundy.

The Dolphins scouts were in Lufkin last Tuesday to watch the workout of WR Dez Bryant. There has been plenty of false reporting surrounding Bryant’s workout from forgetting his cleats – if you take the time to watch the session, he wore three separate pairs for each portion of the workout – to a ‘disappointing’ 40 time: a 4.52 at 220lbs isn’t a disappointment. He looked good catching the ball, especially deep down the field and his routes were typically solid.

What was of equal interest were the comments made by Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy to Mike Mayock when he said that Bryant had only even been late for one meeting, as a true freshman, destroying the notion that he was a habitual breaker of team rules. Bryant then flew from Dallas where he’d been meeting with the Cowboys to a dinner with GM Jeff Ireland, Tony Sparano and WR coach Karl Dorrell before spending part of Friday with Bill Parcells. Check out Omar Kelly’s excellent report about how the Dolphins are more than satisfied with Bryant’s character.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:47 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Dispelling some of the negative propaganda on Dez Bryant
Would love to. Where is the link? Lol

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Hypo, AQNOR has got the piece already posted on the board. It's long, but very informative.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

hypocritex wrote:

Not me... I'd rather get Mike Williams later than reach for Dez at #12

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 am
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Rumors and innuendo are always rife around this time of year. I readily accept that some of the stuff said about Bryant's character may be blown out of proportion. There is no doubt as to his athleticism.
On the other hand, he CAN'T be so dense as to not know the kind of scrutiny he is under at this moment, and he was recently seen attending the workouts of Pacman Jones. Now, maybe they're buds, or maybe they just met. Who cares. If you were trying to show that you were an upstanding kind of guy and just media-mislabeled, is THAT where you would venture?
I mean, this is millions of dollars we're talking about, and although Bryant WILL be drafted in the 1st Rd. undoubtedly by someone, do we really want someone who:

A - at the very least, has made some questionable decisions behavior-wise.
B - will command a huge contract @#12 at a position where our 'greybeard' vet is...Greg Camarillo with a whopping four years in the NFL.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Dan wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Not me... I'd rather get Mike Williams later than reach for Dez at #12

Dez Bryant is not close to being a REACH. He still very well could go in the top 10.

Say you have concerns about his character or his decision making if you want, but he is a legit top 10 talent.

Paw, yeah, the decision to attend Adam Jones workout did not thrill me either.

And once again on Mike Williams, I would be glad to take him in the late rounds, but this is a dude that still QUIT on his team.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:

And once again on Mike Williams, I would be glad to take him in the late rounds, but this is a dude that still QUIT on his team.

ITS NOT QUITTING IF YOUR NOT WANTED ITS MOVING ON, REMEMBER THAT

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:21 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

pawfectgent wrote:
Rumors and innuendo are always rife around this time of year.

There was a rumor that Dan the Man was a coke-head when he entered the draft. He had a new coach his senior year, so, his stats dipped, too. That is why he fell all the way to the Dolphins. I wonder if The Don put that rumor out there;)

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Before his junior year, however, Williams was accused of cheating. He spent a semester as a junior college and was re-enrolled at Syracuse last fall. After serving a one-game suspension for violating team rules early in the year, Williams led the team with 49 receptions, 746 yards and six touchdowns in seven starts before leaving the team for undisclosed reasons.

That came from cbssportsline .com, and you can call it whatever you want to call it. And you can chill with the all caps as well.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Before his junior year, however, Williams was accused of cheating. He spent a semester as a junior college and was re-enrolled at Syracuse last fall. After serving a one-game suspension for violating team rules early in the year, Williams led the team with 49 receptions, 746 yards and six touchdowns in seven starts before leaving the team for undisclosed reasons.

That came from cbssportsline .com, and you can call it whatever you want to call it. And you can chill with the all caps as well.

Chill brosef...do your research and you will see that I was quoting Mike Williams' twitter back when he "quit."

I thought you knew me better than that.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:16 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

My bad Iowa. I did not realize you were quoting Mike from his Twitter account.

Twitter is the worse thing that could happen to athletes. More times than not they put there foots in there mouths.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]