View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
 5 straight incompletions 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post 5 straight incompletions
RT is not playing well in the game's big moments. True the receivers get little separation but he misses a lot of throws. Mostly he's either late with the ball, throws on the wrong trajectory or doesn't give the receiver a chance to catch the ball. To quote a dolphins legend "if they don't bite as pups, they don't bite". I wish he was progressing but I don't see it yet, if he plays this way next year, time to keep looking,

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:51 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: 5 straight incompletions
I have been hard on him, but he did OK today with what he has to work with it. He was under pressure all day and didn't make a mistake.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

PADOLFAN wrote:
RT is not playing well in the game's big moments. True the receivers get little separation but he misses a lot of throws. Mostly he's either late with the ball, throws on the wrong trajectory or doesn't give the receiver a chance to catch the ball. To quote a dolphins legend "if they don't bite as pups, they don't bite". I wish he was progressing but I don't see it yet, if he plays this way next year, time to keep looking,

:hithead:

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I have been hard on him, but he did OK today with what he has to work with it. He was under pressure all day and didn't make a mistake.

The 49ers have a heck of a defense. I think Tannehill handled himself pretty well. He moved the offense, made some nice throws, and didn't turn it over. Going into hostile territory that's all you can ask out of a rookie starter. Tannehill wasn't the reason we lost this game in my opinion. He didn't win it for us, but he definitely didn't loose it for us.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

I thought he had one of his better games as far as accuracy. The receivers had no separation on those 5 passes and even the announcers said that those passes would have had to be spot on for any chance of a reception. As far as his decision making on those passes, I would have to really study the plays to see if anyone else were open.

For the most part, I loved the 4th quarter playcalling as far as finally looking deep. The only head scratcher was throwing the ball deep to Bess. That's not his game at all.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

PADOLFAN wrote:
RT is not playing well in the game's big moments.

How quickly we forget the Seattle game.

Quote:
True the receivers get little separation but he misses a lot of throws.

On that last drive on 3rd and 4th down, he didn't miss those throws they just weren't there, those throws should have never been made, those plays should have never been called. On 3rd and 10, Bess is double covered, why do the Dolphins insist on having Bess run deep routes and throwing to him deep? He is not that type of player. And on 4th and 10 it was excellent coverage and Matthews (a rookie) was bracketed. With so much time on the clock why go for 3 consecutive killshots? Even for the best QBs in the NFL, those plays are now high percentage players.

Once we went deep on 2nd and 10 we got behind schedule and put ourselves in a tough position. I have to look at the playcalling or decision making in those situations, not "missed throws".

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:40 am

Dphins4me wrote:
PADOLFAN wrote:

Yes, this is how it starts in Miami and part of the reason I blame the fanbase for the lack of success. Everytime we go into a rebuild or start developing a QB, less than a season goes by before these guys want to blow it up or draft another QB...

Ridiculous.

By the way Eli Manning, Steve Young, John Elway and Troy Aikman didn't "bite as pups" either.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:

By the way Eli Manning, Steve Young, John Elway and Troy Aikman didn't "bite as pups" either.

I think expectations for Tannehill are a little high based on what Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson are doing. Let's not forget that those quarterbacks had time to develop at the college level. Everyone knew that Tannehill was raw coming out with only 2 years of starting experience. I remember the knock on Russell Wilson being accuracy issues after his 2nd year as a starter at NC State.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Well, count me in the crowd as one who thought he could've spent a year or two on hte bench and then came in ala Aaron Rodgers. But now that he's in, he has shown enough ability to continue to invest and develop him. Time to give him a big time, non whiny WR...if there is one available.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Well, count me in the crowd as one who thought he could've spent a year or two on hte bench and then came in ala Aaron Rodgers.

Same here.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:38 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

NFLJunkie wrote:
Well, count me in the crowd as one who thought he could've spent a year or two on hte bench and then came in ala Aaron Rodgers. But now that he's in, he has shown enough ability to continue to invest and develop him. Time to give him a big time, non whiny WR...if there is one available.

Couldn't have said it better.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:23 am

Drew Brees wasn't biting as a pup either...

So much so that San Diego drafted another QB later.

Would you rather have Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 am

On those 5 throws, you tell me where Ryan should have done differently.

The first one Ryan had to throw it away because Willis came in unblocked.
2) The designed deep throw to Matthews. No shot at making that one. Completely draped by the CB.
3) Another throw away because of quick pressure and not finding anybody open.
4) The play to Bess. I don't see how this is a "miss". Even Brady "misses" this almost every time. Rodgers was right in his hip pocket, and the throw was over the middle...The toughest throws to make in football are directly in front of the QB where he has no angle to fit a ball in. Nearly impossible throw to make...Plus, a play that should not have been called in the first place.
5) I want to see the coaches film when it gets released tomorrow to see if anybody was open, but obviously the throw to Moore had no shot of being completed. Even if the throw was accurate (again, even a throw Brady probably doesn't hit), it probably gets knocked down because of coverage.

Those 5 plays weren't on Tannehill.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 am

Phins Rock wrote:

2) The designed deep throw to Matthews. No shot at making that one. Completely draped by the CB.
4) The play to Bess. I don't see how this is a "miss". Even Brady "misses" this almost every time. Rodgers was right in his hip pocket, and the throw was over the middle...The toughest throws to make in football are directly in front of the QB where he has no angle to fit a ball in. Nearly impossible throw to make...Plus, a play that should not have been called in the first place.
5) I want to see the coaches film when it gets released tomorrow to see if anybody was open, but obviously the throw to Moore had no shot of being completed. Even if the throw was accurate (again, even a throw Brady probably doesn't hit), it probably gets knocked down because of coverage.

Look bro, the stat sheet showed 5 straight incompletions.

He sucks, OK??? So shut up and go away.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Look bro, the stat sheet showed 5 straight incompletions.

He sucks, OK??? So shut up and go away.

WE WANT MOORE!!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
PADOLFAN wrote:

Yes, this is how it starts in Miami and part of the reason I blame the fanbase for the lack of success. Everytime we go into a rebuild or start developing a QB, less than a season goes by before these guys want to blow it up or draft another QB...

Ridiculous.

that's what i've been sayin all year. Give the kid time.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I've been extremely impressed with Tanny's play and composure.............blame Ireland for his struggles........the receivers can't stretch the field or get separation.......Ireland helped him out by signing Ocho and counting on Gates and Wallace to magically learn how to play. I'm not sure what else we can expect from our rookie QB.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Guys, come.

Are we serious? It's so obvious is the sucky team around Tanny that is bringing him down. That's the way I see it.

Look how good the Seahawks team is making their rookie look. The men surrounding him made that rookie QB look like a God.

Tanny has very little helping him. Yeah he missed a some throws the last couple of games. But if he had some talent or a decently managed team wouldn't he more likely be in a better groove and making completions?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
Guys, come.

Are we serious? It's so obvious is the sucky team around Tanny that is bringing him down. That's the way I see it.

Look how good the Seahawks team is making their rookie look. The men surrounding him made that rookie QB look like a God.

Tanny has very little helping him. Yeah he missed a some throws the last couple of games. But if he had some talent or a decently managed team wouldn't he more likely be in a better groove and making completions?

No offense, but you've clearly not watched those other QB's. Regardless of the personnel, those QB's are out there making plays via their talent. RGIII and Wilson specifically because of their athleticism and ability to move the pocket.

Tanny does have talent and he needs more weapons, but what we're seeing is still a mixed bag in progress. That's just my opinion.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

I'm on record of saying I would not have given him the chance to start. One poster here just thought that was ignorant to not give him the chance.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I'm on record of saying I would not have given him the chance to start. One poster here just thought that was ignorant to not give him the chance.

Well there were a few. I think those in the sit him camp were much less vocal. Again, that opportunity has sailed. It is time to rally around him, provide him with a big time WR, maybe a great TE, some protection etc. Seems like this is the place we are at with every first year QB. We focus on building up the team around him so we can remove the excuses one at a time.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Well there were a few. I think those in the sit him camp were much less vocal. Again, that opportunity has sailed. It is time to rally around him, provide him with a big time WR, maybe a great TE, some protection etc. Seems like this is the place we are at with every first year QB. We focus on building up the team around him so we can remove the excuses one at a time.

That is the process for every NFL team that is rebuilding. You draft a quarterback, build a team around him, and hope it works. That is the recipe and depending on who your coach and quarterback are it either works or it fails.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rick wrote:
Guys, come.

No offense, but you've clearly not watched those other QB's. Regardless of the personnel, those QB's are out there making plays via their talent. RGIII and Wilson specifically because of their athleticism and ability to move the pocket.

Tanny does have talent and he needs more weapons, but what we're seeing is still a mixed bag in progress. That's just my opinion.

Regardless of the personnel??? The Redskins spent a bunch of money on Pierre Garcon and Josh Morgan. They also tried to get Eddie Royal as well. Even though they already had Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson on the roster. The Redskins are stacked at WR. They've also got two nice backs in Morris and Helu Jr. Morris already has 1,200 yards this year. Say what you want about RG3, he's got a lot of talent around him.

With Russell Wilson, again you have Sidney Rice and Golden Tate on the roster (both 2nd round picks). While they only have two legitimate passing threats, just like us, their receivers are of a higher pedigree and are far more explosive. Both guys have seven touchdowns and are redzone threats where as Hartline and Bess are not. The Seahawks also have a 1,200 yard back in Marshaun Lynch. So while the Seahawks aren't stacked at WR, they have better WRs than we do and they definitely have a better running game.

I see what you're saying. Both of those guys are talented young quarterbacks having good seasons. But a lot of that has to do with who they have around them. In my opinion if you give Tannehill a legit rushing attack like they have, and add more wideout talent, he'll be just as productive if not more productive.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
PADOLFAN wrote:

Ridiculous.

I agree, we as Dolphins fans know that about half of the fan base has become extremely jaded over the past decade. We've gone through so many quarterbacks and coaches people have become quick to dismiss people if they don't like you said "bit as pups". It's this speed dating style of rebuilding that has put this franchise in the current condition it's in.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Regardless of the personnel

Rock, this is where you're losing the argument. Regardless of personnel... there is no such thing. These other QBs are playing with personnel that is helping them out. Just because you've decided that surrounding talent is an invalid argument doesn't make it so.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Regardless of the personnel??? The Redskins spent a bunch of money on Pierre Garcon and Josh Morgan. They also tried to get Eddie Royal as well. Even though they already had Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson on the roster. The Redskins are stacked at WR. They've also got two nice backs in Morris and Helu Jr. Morris already has 1,200 yards this year. Say what you want about RG3, he's got a lot of talent around him.

Tried to get Royal? Does that actually count in this discussion?

Please tell me what Josh Morgan has ever done. Pierre Garcon looked infinitely better with Manning throwing to him than RGIII. Hankerson? Again what has he done? Only guy with any pedigree is Moss and last year everyone was dogging on that guy as an fat slob, over-the-hill player.

They do have speed though. Not going to deny that.

Quote:
With Russell Wilson, again you have Sidney Rice and Golden Tate on the roster (both 2nd round picks). While they only have two legitimate passing threats, just like us, their receivers are of a higher pedigree and are far more explosive. Both guys have seven touchdowns and are redzone threats where as Hartline and Bess are not. The Seahawks also have a 1,200 yard back in Marshaun Lynch. So while the Seahawks aren't stacked at WR, they have better WRs than we do and they definitely have a better running game.

Again, look at those players with Tavaris Jackson as compared to Wilson. Rice is the speed threat thought that we don't have.

Quote:
I see what you're saying. Both of those guys are talented young quarterbacks having good seasons. But a lot of that has to do with who they have around them. In my opinion if you give Tannehill a legit rushing attack like they have, and add more wideout talent, he'll be just as productive if not more productive.

We could have a legit rushing attack .... or better than we're seeing, but our coaching staff continues to play RB carousel and finding the oddest times to get away from what is working.

I've discussed this with you before ..... but Tanny has similar athletic talents as Wilson/RGIII. Those two guys are out there opening up new passing lanes with their feet and keeping defenses honest because of the threat of their playmaking ability. We might be having an entirely different conversation if this staff actually made use of Tanny's athleticism. It was supposed to be one of the defining reasons why we drafted him in the first place.

A lot of people are concerned with not having a plethora of big play ability out there ..... but I'm more concerned with seeing him not execute the opportunities we have had. Then I could say, "well imagine if we had even more opportunities!".

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:37 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
"They did a good job on coverage, but you know there were some opportunities," Tannehill said, replaying the near-misses after a 27-13 loss to the 49ers. "Yeah, it's frustrating. I had plenty of chances to make a throw at the end and didn't make the throw. All I can do is keep grinding and keep practicing, working to get better."

"None of us enjoy the situation that we're in right now. We don't enjoy losing, we don't enjoy preparing hard all week and not playing to our full potential on Sundays," he said.

"Yeah, it's tight coverage, but you've got to find a way to sneak that one in there," Tannehill said. "I don't know exactly what the answer is, but we have to make the plays that are there. You can't win in this league scoring as few points as we are."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Quote:
"They did a good job on coverage, but you know there were some opportunities," Tannehill said, replaying the near-misses after a 27-13 loss to the 49ers. "Yeah, it's frustrating. I had plenty of chances to make a throw at the end and didn't make the throw. All I can do is keep grinding and keep practicing, working to get better."

"None of us enjoy the situation that we're in right now. We don't enjoy losing, we don't enjoy preparing hard all week and not playing to our full potential on Sundays," he said.

"Yeah, it's tight coverage, but you've got to find a way to sneak that one in there," Tannehill said. "I don't know exactly what the answer is, but we have to make the plays that are there. You can't win in this league scoring as few points as we are."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

I like that he's not making any excuses for himself.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I like that he's not making any excuses for himself

No us fans are...well some of them.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:09 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rick wrote:
Guys, come.

So are you saying that somehow is the SeaHawk Rookie QB who is causing the opponent's offense to fumble and give himself the chance to score TD's? I'm confused. The team around him are helping him get opportunities to tear up the field.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
So are you saying that somehow is the SeaHawk Rookie QB who is causing the opponent's offense to fumble and give himself the chance to score TD's? I'm confused. The team around him are helping him get opportunities to tear up the field.

Your reply is so myopic it's hard to take it seriously.

Quit trying to diminish what other QB's are doing in order to make sense of the struggles of our own. Defense creating turnovers or not, Russell Wilson is out there making plays. Anyone who's watched a single Seahawk game this season can attest to this. What's ironic is that he struggled early, but has since profoundly progressed. It's his third different offense in three seasons too. His athleticism alone creates so many problems for defenses and helps the receivers have more time to get open. The offense is like night and day different than when Tavaris Jackson was back there.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:40 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

RT has some positives and negatives. He is not a bust and he is not a franchise QB. Time will, everyone here makes good points regardles of side. My opinion is I'm neutral, too early either way.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm

This pretty much says it all.

Quote:
It's easy to say that Tannehill was doomed before the season even started; receivers like Brian Hartline and Davone Bess are, simply put, not sought-after receivers. But then again, how is it possible for a quarterback like Russell Wilson to put up such impressive numbers (20 TD passes, quarterback rating of 94.9) with a receiving corps featuring Sidney Rice and Golden Tate?

Miami's two leading receivers, Hartline and Bess, combine for 60 percent of the entire passing offense. Seattle's top-two receivers. Tate and Rice, combine for 44 percent of the passing offense. Let's look at more of the rookies and see how the numbers stack up.

The Colts' two leading receivers, Reggie Wayne and Donnie Avery, account for 51 percent of the passing offense.

Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson of the Redskins? Just 31 percent.

Brandon Weeden's two leading receivers, Josh Gordon and Greg Little, account for 41 percent.

On a good note, both of Miami's top receivers have the opportunity to surpass 1,000 with three games remaining on the season. On the other hand, this is a startling number.

As can be interpreted from the numbers above, Miami essentially runs the passing offense through three players—Tannehill, Hartline and Bess. Miami's next leading receiver, Anthony Fasano, has just 233 yards—545 yards less than Bess.

The other four rookie quarterbacks? Their teams' third-leading receivers combine for a total of 350 yards behind the second man.

Take a minute and let that sink in.

It really is alarming how big of a burden the team puts on Tannehill's shoulders. It's equally alarming how little help he gets from the offense around him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1441 ... or-failure

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Where in that article does it dispute the idea that our "project rookie quarterback" could possibly be too reliant on those two receivers? I mean look at Fasano's stats with Tanny back there. He's averaging 50% less YPC than the year prior. The last time he ever averaged less than 10 yards YPC was his rookie season.

It's still crazy to me that this argument has solely become "the talent" instead of the idea that it could possibly be a combination of yes needing another piece, but also from some of the draw backs of Tanny's game right now. All I know is, coming out of college the book on him was comebacks and curls. This is what we've been witnessing. He's the one making the pre-snap reads right now and still having to learn to consistently look off safeties. We're also NOT using his athleticism to move the pocket, nor has he correctly learned to step up in it yet.

This is a growth thing in Tanny as well, not just a talent around him thing.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
It's still crazy to me that this argument has solely become "the talent" instead of the idea that it could possibly be a combination of yes needing another piece, but also from some of the draw backs of Tanny's game right now. All I know is, coming out of college the book on him was comebacks and curls. This is what we've been witnessing. He's the one making the pre-snap reads right now and still having to learn to consistently look off safeties. We're also NOT using his athleticism to move the pocket, nor has he correctly learned to step up in it yet.

This is a growth thing in Tanny as well, not just a talent around him thing.

I don't think too many people are disputing this. The point is that for a guy this green it would be have been better to surround him with a little more talent to ease his learning curve.

As you've said in the past, its fine to be critical of the things he is doing on the field. Just consider all the factors when commenting. Its the premature definitive conclusions from guys like Dilfer and Schefter that create unecessary debate. I don't think any of us will have a true read on the kid until some point next season.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I don't think any of us will have a true read on the kid until some point next season. :clap:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
This pretty much says it all.

Quote:
It's easy to say that Tannehill was doomed before the season even started; receivers like Brian Hartline and Davone Bess are, simply put, not sought-after receivers. But then again, how is it possible for a quarterback like Russell Wilson to put up such impressive numbers (20 TD passes, quarterback rating of 94.9) with a receiving corps featuring Sidney Rice and Golden Tate?

Miami's two leading receivers, Hartline and Bess, combine for 60 percent of the entire passing offense. Seattle's top-two receivers. Tate and Rice, combine for 44 percent of the passing offense. Let's look at more of the rookies and see how the numbers stack up.

The Colts' two leading receivers, Reggie Wayne and Donnie Avery, account for 51 percent of the passing offense.

Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson of the Redskins? Just 31 percent.

Brandon Weeden's two leading receivers, Josh Gordon and Greg Little, account for 41 percent.

On a good note, both of Miami's top receivers have the opportunity to surpass 1,000 with three games remaining on the season. On the other hand, this is a startling number.

As can be interpreted from the numbers above, Miami essentially runs the passing offense through three players—Tannehill, Hartline and Bess. Miami's next leading receiver, Anthony Fasano, has just 233 yards—545 yards less than Bess.

The other four rookie quarterbacks? Their teams' third-leading receivers combine for a total of 350 yards behind the second man.

Take a minute and let that sink in.

It really is alarming how big of a burden the team puts on Tannehill's shoulders. It's equally alarming how little help he gets from the offense around him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1441 ... or-failure

This article clearly points out what many of us have been saying all season long. That our passing game has been reduced to a three player game. Tannehill is forced to choose between Bess and Hartline on the majority of our passing plays. That much is clear. But the big question that arises out of this is why.

My opinion is it's a combination of OL issues combined with a lack of depth at WR. When you watch us play you can see that the offensive line has been very up and down causing Tannehill to have similar up and down performances. In addition, this up and down blocking causes the run game to be inconsistent as well.

Bottom line, when we get a group up front that is capable of blocking the way our staff is asking them to block, then I think we'll see many of these up and down performances go away. Better blocking will bring a consistency to the run attack which will then take some of the pressure off of Tannehill and set up some nice play action opportunities. After that, Tannehill will need to continue to develop. Part of that development also depends on who is around him.

If we can get the right group of guys up front and add a pair of weapons to the passing game, then I think we'll see our offense take a huge step forward. Tannehill is learning right now, and many of his mistakes are due to inexperience, but I think he will only get stronger as time goes on and as the team gets built around him.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:38 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
How quickly we forget the Seattle game.

Yea 1 game in 13 is a great argument. Thank god you are not a murder defense attorney.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rick wrote:
Guys, come.

No...I think what he is saying is that Tannehill is not making the plays to put points on the board, but Wilson is. Wilson has 20 TD's to 9 INT's with a 94.9 rating. Tannehill has 8 TD's to 12 INT's with a 75 rating. By the way....Matt Moore in 2011 had 16 TD's to 9 INT's with an 87.1 rating and he appeared in 13 games that year.

Tannehill might get it done in a year or two. I sure hope so. I still think the team should draft another QB and hang on to Moore....unless they are really high on Devlin. Too many years in the hole for the Phins not to hedge their bets.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]