View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 The Mayock Opinion 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post The Mayock Opinion
I mean, since we're at it:

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... e-offense/

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: The Mayock Opinion
jammer wrote:
I mean, since we're at it

:)

I don't know why I found that hilarious, but I did.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Funny how team speed wasn't an issue in the last 9 games of 2011. Look we can sit here and dissect RT all day. You can post every snippet of good and someone else can post bad. The bottom line is that the very minute Philbin announced him as the starter he cashed in the season. I said that back in the preseason and people had a cow. So now here we are. Season is cashed in. The problem we have is RT doesn't look that much better from week 1-2 than he looks now. His progress isn't there. AZ was his best game and that was like 4 games into the season. So now the focus shifts to the "talent" around him or as Mayock put it, lack of team speed. When RT grows up, we'll see he wasn't lacking anything. Until then, we're in training camp ...hoping he gets better with time.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
“What I watched on tape, I thought this kid’s got a really bright future,” Mayock said Tuesday morning on WQAM 560-AM.

Because in my opinion, this kid can play. He’s the future of your franchise.”

I hope his assessment is correct.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:56 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Everyone has an opinion of of the situation. The Colts, Skins, Fins, and Seahawks blew last year with basically the same the talent they have this year. They picked Luck, RG3, RT, and Wilson. Now 3 out of 4 have playoff chances, what happened within the year? New QBs and 3 "look" legit while one has "no talent" around him even though Hartline and Bess are having career years. I'm not saying anything regarding any of the QBs at this point in time since it is early, it just is what it is for now.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

BUT...on the otherside of the ball, when was the last time we had a turnover? I really don't know, I think the NE game. there has also been some questionalble play calling as well. All in all, it's a revolving door in 305.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Look we can sit here and dissect RT all day. You can post every snippet of good and someone else can post bad.

That was the point of the topic, we can go back and forth with different "expert" analysis all day long. In 10 minutes someone might find a Steve Young comment that Tannehill wasn't really worth a 1st round pick and it will get posted on here.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
BUT...on the otherside of the ball, when was the last time we had a turnover? I really don't know, I think the NE game. there has also been some questionalble play calling as well. All in all, it's a revolving door in 305.

Call me crazy but I'm now of the opinion Marshall would be making a huge difference. He'd be crying and moaning, maybe getting in Tannehill's face, but I think the kid has the maturity to deal with it and the ground game/other receivers would have more space to operate. This team would have a few more wins and we'd all be prematurely celebrating.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:03 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

pony up for Mike Wallace, Should have done it back in August.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 am

swerve13 wrote:
pony up for Mike Wallace, Should have done it back in August.

I'm starting to have my doubts about Wallace.

Depends on the money.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 am

still way better than anything we have. Sign him and still draft either Keenen Allen or terence Williams. Flood our offense with playmakers for Tannehill. And then judge him.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The problem instead, Mayock said, is the Dolphins are too slow on offense.

“Your offense is really difficult to watch, because you’re trying to manufacture yards without speed,” Mayock said. “There’s no vertical threat on a consistent basis. It’s almost like watching an offense playing in a red zone for 100 yards, because defenses begin to compress on you.”

The comment about playing in a red zone is dead on. Through 13 games Miami's passing game has only 34 plays of 20 yards or more and only 3 of 40 yards or more. They are minus 11 in the takeaway catagory. They have given up 27 sacks and 53 hits on the QB. This team needs play makers. Play makers with speed. If you don't have the players to compete then you can't cover that up with schemes and a positive attitude.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Funny how team speed wasn't an issue in the last 9 games of 2011. Look we can sit here and dissect RT all day. You can post every snippet of good and someone else can post bad. The bottom line is that the very minute Philbin announced him as the starter he cashed in the season. I said that back in the preseason and people had a cow. So now here we are. Season is cashed in. The problem we have is RT doesn't look that much better from week 1-2 than he looks now. His progress isn't there. AZ was his best game and that was like 4 games into the season. So now the focus shifts to the "talent" around him or as Mayock put it, lack of team speed. When RT grows up, we'll see he wasn't lacking anything. Until then, we're in training camp ...hoping he gets better with time.

And what option was better?
Because it wasn't Moore

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Wallace will be a malcontent 6 games into the season .... because he has no talent around him. LOL

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
still way better than anything we have. Sign him and still draft either Keenen Allen or terence Williams. Flood our offense with playmakers for Tannehill. And then judge him.

You make a great point. The only way to figure out if Tannehill is the guy is to build the offense around him to the point where it's obvious whether or not he is or isn't the problem. Right now it's difficult to tell. What is obvious is that we lack the o-line talent and wideout weapons to run the offense we're trying to run.

We have a lot of picks this year, and a lot of free agency money. I say do like you said, which is put as much talent around this kid as possible this upcoming offseason. Then see what happens.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]