View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 How would you grade Tannehill's Performance in San Fran? 

What grade would you give Tannehill?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
C 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
D 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
F 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

How would you grade Tannehill's Performance in San Fran? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post How would you grade Tannehill's Performance in San Fran?
I have really mixed opinions of him today, he had some great throws that were dropped by the receivers as Marlon Moore's comes to mind, however he also had five straight incompletions in crunch time. All around, I would give him a B- due to his 1st half play and a shaky O-line today.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:48 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: How would you grade Tannehill's Performance in San Fran?
I would say B. Why B? He is like a artist with no canvas or paint. He did what he could do with the talent around him and the most important part of his game is that he didn't turn the ball over even though he had pressure all day. We will never have "all the pieces" no team does, but an OL and Wr here and there in the draft and I don't see why he can't do better.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Makchell wrote:
I would say B. Why B? He is like a artist with no canvas or paint. He did what he could do with the talent around him and the most important part of his game is that he didn't turn the ball over even though he had pressure all day. We will never have "all the pieces" no team does, but an OL and Wr here and there in the draft and I don't see why he can't do better.

Agreed.

Who voted D? Geez....

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:59 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Who voted D? Geez....

LMAO. No doubt...I guess our QB has to be 30/30 350 3TDs and then he gets a C.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Makchell wrote:
Who voted D? Geez....

LMAO. No doubt...I guess our QB has to be 30/30 350 3TDs and then he gets a C.

thats true for many on here

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He gets a C in my book. What he did good. He didn't turn the ball over and he moved well inside the pocket. The receivers dropped several balls and he was pressured into throwing it away several times, but he stayed steady and waited for his chances. What he did bad. 4 straight incomplete passes to end the game. That and his awareness was lacking after he took that shot to the head. He lost track of the play clock and Philbin was forced to take a timeout. Also, on the last play of the game it looked like he threw it away. Two bad rookie mistakes in crunch time.

Overall he played pretty steady against a very good 49ers defense that has made elite quarterbacks look like total crap. I think this game highlighted what a lot of people have been saying for a while, which is we need to get Tannehill some help because this current offensive line and receiver group isn't going to cut it.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I gave him a C. He didn't make bad mistakes, but he didn't make too many big plays either. He missed on several throws that could have gone for big yardage or TD's. He had to be perfect on those balls, but this is the NFL.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I gave him a C. He didn't make bad mistakes, but he didn't make too many big plays either. He missed on several throws that could have gone for big yardage or TD's. He had to be perfect on those balls, but this is the NFL.

Fair enough.

Although I think it's too harsh to say he "missed them". Maybe didn't hit them, but they would have been sensational throws into traffic. Only really 1 or 2 that he had a shot at making.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

You're right, down the stretch the 49ers tightened up their coverage and Tannehill just wasn't able to come up with any big throws late in the 4th. Our receivers weren't open by much (if at all), but they were open if Tannehill was able to make a perfect throw and throw his receiver open. But Tannehill's a rookie and he missed. Aside from the last five throws (unfortunately the biggest five throws of the game) he looked pretty good. He was smart with the football, he didn't turn it over, and he made some big plays down the field (unfortunately our receivers couldn't translate those throws into touchdowns).

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:21 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I was thinking B- as he's got to find the end zone. Points are what really counts in the NFL. Since the votes are hovering between B and C, I guess you all feel the same way.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Armando Salguero wrote:
Ryan Tannehill had a first down at the San Francisco 35-yard line in the fourth quarter and the Dolphins down by a touchdown. He threw four consecutive incomplete passes. Ballgame. He doesn’t consistently make plays in critical late situations, and that’s one reason the Dolphins offense cannot get over the hump. By the way, Tannehill often makes similar plays earlier in the game, but that’s when they are not nearly as critical. It must be said he avoided the big mistake interception. GRADE: C-minus.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/10/3 ... html#morer#storylink=cpy

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:46 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I voted C. He did not throw any interceptions. But he also didn't make the clutch throws when it counted.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]