View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dolphins saw “disrespect” in Pats playcalling at the end 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dolphins saw “disrespect” in Pats playcalling at the end
To make matters worse, that drive the Pats put on at the end of the game featured them running the same play 6 straight times up the gut ...... and our players are whining about it. Thank God we brought in "fresh" players to combat it. LMFAO.

Quote:
When two kids are playing Madden and one of them keeps using the same play (and it keeps working), the other kid eventually gets upset.

The Dolphins can relate to said upset kid.

Last Sunday, the Pats killed the clock in the fourth quarter with a 16-play drive that included 13 running plays. Six of the running plays came through the same hole. And the Dolphins don’t like that.

“It really [ticked] me off,” defensive tackle Tony McDaniel said, via Brian Briggane of the Palm Beach Post. “It was disrespectful to us to run the same play over and over and be successful.

“Normally when somebody’s driving down the field you just think, ‘Well, they just had a good run there,’ but you run the same play over and over, as a competitor that [ticks] me off.”

Teammate Randy Starks was also upset, but he was more pragmatic.

“It is disrespectful, but you’ve got to stop it,” Starks said. “We never stopped it, so I’d keep running the same play, too.”

So would anyone with a functioning brain.

In three weeks and two days, the Dolphins get another chance to not stop the same play, over and over again, when they face the Pats in Foxboro. Maybe Miami will think it’s less disrespectful if the Patriots actually tell them that they’re running the same play again.

Of course, even then the Dolphins may not be able to stop it.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -and-over/

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dolphins saw “disrespect” in Pats playcalling at the end
Want some cheese with that whine. Don't like it. Stop it & play better.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Want some cheese with that whine. Don't like it. Stop it & play better.

Exactly.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

McDaniel is an idiot.

That's honestly the stupidest thing I've heard a player say in a LONG time.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:52 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Quote:
“We never stopped it, so I’d keep running the same play, too.”

:awe:

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:05 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Pats have been rubbing it in on the Phins for years. Flutie drop kicking a field goal, running up the score with Moss and company...and the list goes on and on. The last game was not the same. It was close and they just manned up on the final drive and our defense didn't. Of course, we helped them out by leaving Wake and Odrick on the bench on that drive.... :hithead:

I just hope that someday the Dolphins can dish out some of that classless Patriot crap. They got a chance to really run up the score when the wildcat was introduced and actually took their foot off the gas in that game. Someday them Pats will be sans Brady. It will give the rest of the division some hope. But just you watch....Ryan Mallett will probably step in and they won't miss a beat. Like when they took a WR and started him as a CB. Bellicheat really gets them to buy into the system and believe in themselves. Wes Welker was a solid journeyman in Miami, but Brady and company turned him into a superstar of sorts.

I hate the Patriots. Looking forward to the Texans obliterating them in the playoffs.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:28 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Stop it if you can.I blame Philbin for this crap. Not only was are our best D players on the bench, he benched Bush for Thomas. Bush averaged 4.4 a carry and DT 2.0. Wow, Joe, I know in game changes are hard, but Jeez, are you watching the game? We are...

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

How can you not stop a play if it becomes so predictable you know its coming. I mean everyone knows on first down we are going to hand it off to Bush & what do you know , he pretty much loses 2 yards every time yet we still run it & never get accused of disrespecting the other team.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:21 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

How can you not stop a play if it becomes so predictable you know its coming. I mean everyone knows on first down we are going to hand it off to Bush & what do you know , he pretty much loses 2 yards every time yet we still run it & never get accused of disrespecting the other team.

The Titans kept disrespecting us too Mitch, remember? They kept picking off RT and Locker kept running....CHEATERS!!!!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]