View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Karlos Dansby disagrees with Philbin and Coyle 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Karlos Dansby disagrees with Philbin and Coyle
That's though, man. That's tough," Dansby said. "You have to go into the game with players that are going to have impact. That's how you got to look at it. I'm saying, they're starters, they need to be in the game. Period. That's how I look at it. You have to fight, but like I said, I'm not the coach. I can't make that decision."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Karlos Dansby disagrees with Philbin and Coyle
I agree 100%. If I'm Bush, I'm on the radio saying I don't understand how I am taking turns with Thomas when I'm averaging 4.4 yrds a carry and Thomas is averaging 2.0.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree with what Dansby is saying. I think Wake and Odrick should have been out there. I don't know how much of an impact they would have had considering the runs were straight up the gut, but nonetheless I think they should have been out there.

What I don't like is the fact that he's saying it publicly. If you have an issue with the way the coaches rotate players you need to talk about it face to face with your coach, you don't go out and do it publicly and make the team look bad. This is something that should have been sorted out before the season even started. Dansby already knew about this rotation in training camp. But all of a sudden he wants to put the coaching staff on blast about it.

Dansby needs to look in the mirror and try to see what he can do to make the team better, because I can remember Hernandez making him look bad on more than one occasion in that game. Also, I can remember him not beating blocks on several of those runs. Dansby needs to quit worrying about the other players on the field and worry about this own game because in my opinion the guy hasn't lived up to his salary since we signed him.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Dansby needs to look in the mirror and try to see what he can do to make the team better, because I can remember Hernandez making him look bad on more than one occasion in that game

For sure.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:47 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Dansby seems to have an agenda with Philbin. He does not hold back publicly. Dont get to used to him as I think his days here are numbered. Then once he is gone the opinion that I always had of him that he was never the impact player for us that he was in Arizona will be shared publicly on this forum.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Dansby needs to shut the hell up.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I do think pulling Wake on that final drive was crazy.

A funny thing about the running back stats though.....Bush has better yards per carry rushing, but Thomas has better average yards per reception.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Dansby seems to have an agenda with Philbin. He does not hold back publicly. Dont get to used to him as I think his days here are numbered. Then once he is gone the opinion that I always had of him that he was never the impact player for us that he was in Arizona will be shared publicly on this forum.

It would not surprise me one bit if Jake Long, Karlos Dansby, and Reggie Bush were all gone after the season is over. Those three are the ones who stepped up and formed that "Leadership Council" before the season started. I could tell when it happened on Hard Knocks that the idea didn't set well with Philbin. Now look at the situation. Long is going to be too expensive to franchise tag, and too injury prone to sign long term. Bush was publicly benched and has been splitting carries all year. Dansby has pushed Philbin's buttons on more than one occasion. Yes, I think change is coming next year. I think all three of these guys are going to get the axe. Philbin will bust up the leadership council that was made up of Sparano's guys, then he'll bring in his guys and pick his own team leaders.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

When you put your best players on the bench and they are not injured, then the team loses the game its going to draw questions..
Bush should have never been benched for his fumble, thats when I got nervous.. I never see that on other teams. At the time Reggie was killing it, since then he has not been....

Trade some of the best players, bench others during games, have a losing record. Yeah seems there is reason for this..

If this is what we hear in the media, what do you think is happening among players when nobody is around..

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:33 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:

Actually I wholeheartedly agree with the assessment. He hasn't been near the player for us. Just like Bmarsh

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:01 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:

I agree, Mitch. While I agree with him, you have to keep this stuff in-house and show the public that you are in unity. He's playing very well right now (not great, mind you), but Philben has not been shy about letting talented players that buck his system will find a new home.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
Trade some of the best players, bench others during games, have a losing record. Yeah seems there is reason for this..

:awe:

When you add Bush, Odrick and Wake as guys that didn't see the field that much in the 2nd half, it makes you woner fi Philbin isn't throwing the season. You dance with the one who brought you. Dansby expressing his frustration is leadership. He's man enough to speak up. Will it cost him, probably. Rarely do controversial statements go unpunished and Philbin can't afford the appearance that he's losing the team. IMO when you add up the sum of data, he lost the majority of veterans awhile back. My guess is you're going to see a lot of players who are cut, traded or not re-signed next year.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

:awe:

When you add Bush, Odrick and Wake as guys that didn't see the field that much in the 2nd half, it makes you woner fi Philbin isn't throwing the season. You dance with the one who brought you. Dansby expressing his frustration is leadership. He's man enough to speak up. Will it cost him, probably. Rarely do controversial statements go unpunished and Philbin can't afford the appearance that he's losing the team. IMO when you add up the sum of data, he lost the majority of veterans awhile back. My guess is you're going to see a lot of players who are cut, traded or not re-signed next year.

As they should be. These veteran guys are leftovers from the Sparano era. We brought Philbin, Sherman, and Coyle in to build this franchise into a winner. Seeing as how this team had gone through three straight losing seasons, I think it was pretty much implied that they were going to have to overhaul the roster to do this. If costly veterans who aren't playing at a high level wind up looking for work elsewhere, it won't hurt my feelings any. We need to let Philbin get his guys and build this roster the way he and his staff see fit, this way they can do what they came here to do, which is win. I think if we're patient, and we let this group of guys do their thing for a couple of years, then we'll have a winning team we can be proud of.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Man we were so psyched when the great trifecta came here especially after that tease of a first season. Now their players need to go because they are not the current guys players. I am so sick & tired of letting the new regime get its players & be patient. I know we have no other choice but it is pathetic already. Hard to believe we were once a proud franchise. I guess we will be courting Brian Kelly in 4 years.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Armando asked Philben about Dansby comments:

Armando Salguero wrote:
As you know, Dansby had questions about whether Cameron Wake and Jared Odrick should have been in against the New England Patriots late in the game Sunday. I know that Philbin doesn't like being second-guessed publicly. Who does?

But despite being uncomfortable with the topic, Philbin said he did not cover the issue with Dansby today -- the first day the Dolphins reconvened since Dansby's comments.

"I've made my comments in regards to my feelings about the play-time earlier," Philbin said. "There's always decisions that have to be made in a game with regard to who's playing, who's not playing. Those sometimes change in the midst of a game based on a variety of factors. That's done and that's been over with and now it's on to San Francisco."

So, I pressed, did Philbin talk to Dansby about it?

"No," he said under his breath. "Again, I'm going to tell you the focus on mine and our football team is on playing San Francisco."

Fair.

Two things: Philbin did speak with the entire team when Chad Johnson was cut and several players, including Dansby, disagreed with that call. Also, it is possible Philbin will speak with Dansby either later today or later in the week about the topic. It's also possible it doesn't get addressed at all.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

He gave him a spanking and made him go to time out... LOL

Dansby is right in what he is saying, just wrong in where he is saying it.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Philbin did speak with the entire team when Chad Johnson was cut and several players, including Dansby, disagreed with that call.

Hey Dansby, Chad is still on the sreet so that means NO OTHER teams wanted him.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:43 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

At what point does a coach come in and start building a winner with what he's handed instead of overhauling the entire team to his guys... and then getting canned.

Oh wait, it's already here... his name is Jim Harbaugh...

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:28 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

IamPZ wrote:
At what point does a coach come in and start building a winner with what he's handed instead of overhauling the entire team to his guys... and then getting canned.

Yeah but Harbaugh got handed a very talented team...

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

Correct. Harbaugh got a bust of a QB to believe in himself and play within his abilities rather than try to be a hero.

Miami got rid of some bad personalities. They haven't really overhauled the team. 4 of 5 o-line guys are the same, running backs are the same, same TEs, mostly the same receivers, and the defense is minus 1 CB. Heck, 2 of 3 QBs are still on the team too.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
Miami got rid of some bad personalities. They haven't really overhauled the team. 4 of 5 o-line guys are the same, running backs are the same, same TEs, mostly the same receivers, and the defense is minus 1 CB. Heck, 2 of 3 QBs are still on the team too.

:yay:

Was wondering what everyone was talking about..

I see alot of the players that were picked up 2008 - 2011 still on the roster with a solid chance of coming back..

If it was Philbins call to dump Marshall and Davis, then he should not be allowed any control over players.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:07 am

Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

7-9, 8-8, 6-10 the 3 previous years before Harbaugh...You could've switched jerseys with Dolphin Players and not known the difference.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 am

Makchell wrote:
Philbin did speak with the entire team when Chad Johnson was cut and several players, including Dansby, disagreed with that call.

At 34, his minimum salary would've been over a million. Any team knew that it would take time for him to come in and learn their system. 85 could've helped this team, this year and was sent packing. That is the bottom line.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
7-9, 8-8, 6-10 the 3 previous years before Harbaugh...You could've switched jerseys with Dolphin Players and not known the difference.

Exactly, they already had the talent, they just needed the coach.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Makchell wrote:

At 34, his minimum salary would've been over a million. Any team knew that it would take time for him to come in and learn their system. 85 could've helped this team, this year and was sent packing. That is the bottom line.

So we're supposed to believe that a guy no other team has picked up this entire season was going to help us?

C'mon, think about how weak the argument you are making is...

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 am

Quote:
So we're supposed to believe that a guy no other team has picked up this entire season was going to help us?

Marlon Moore and Rishard Matthews are the 3rd and 4th respectively. Johnson was the best WR in camp. This whole notion that because no team picked him up he couldn't of helped Miami...is weaker that the argument I put forth.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Marlon Moore and Rishard Matthews are the 3rd and 4th respectively. Johnson was the best WR in camp. This whole notion that because no team picked him up he couldn't of helped Miami...is weaker that the argument I put forth.

Where are you getting the idea that Chad Johnson was the best wideout in camp?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Where are you getting the idea that Chad Johnson was the best wideout in camp?

Camp reports, Hard Knocks, Omar Kelly

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]