View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 pm



Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tanny and Rashad 
Author Message
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rock Sexton wrote:
Hartline could've easily had himself another 200+ yard day and had 2-3 TD's if the ball was thrown better .


:)


Yeah right... LMAO!!!!

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:
because apparently these guys are expecting a rookie QB with minimal college experience to play like Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the NFL. Sounds fair to me.

I really don't think anyone is expecting him to play like Rodgers.


I didn't expect him to play as bad as Rodgers. I was expecting 5500 passing yards and 60 TDs to 2 INTs.

He's a bust. Time to draft a QB with whatever pick we get in the first round.


The hyperbole does nothing but stir up people. Most everyone one here realized that RT is the best QB this team has had in a long time....Pennington included. However, I do think people are over sensitive to any criticism the guy receives. It is time to let him air it out 50 times next Sunday and see what he can do. That's what people mean by taking the training wheels off. He isn't going to learn by running the ball 75% of the time on first down. Miami has nothing to lose. Start Matthews, egnew and let see where things shake out.


Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Hartline could've easily had himself another 200+ yard day and had 2-3 TD's if the ball was thrown better .


:)


Yeah right... LMAO!!!!


NE and every defense Miami faces doesn't defend the deep ball. They sit on all the short stuff and dare this team to throw deep. 1-4 over the last 5 weeks says that's worked out pretty well.


Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Hartline could've easily had himself another 200+ yard day and had 2-3 TD's if the ball was thrown better .


:)
Yeah right... LMAO!!!!


Apparently you watched the game with your eyes closed.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
NFLJunkie wrote:
The hyperbole does nothing but stir up people.


My post was intended to be humorous. It requires a sense of humor.

GET SOME.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
NFLJunkie wrote:
The hyperbole does nothing but stir up people. Most everyone one here realized that RT is the best QB this team has had in a long time....Pennington included. However, I do think people are over sensitive to any criticism the guy receives. It is time to let him air it out 50 times next Sunday and see what he can do. That's what people mean by taking the training wheels off. He isn't going to learn by running the ball 75% of the time on first down. Miami has nothing to lose. Start Matthews, egnew and let see where things shake out.


I think training wheels also means the reluctance to constructively criticize the man. He's going to face the same questions that everyone else before him did when it comes to making those handful of plays that normally decides games. The same questions Matt Moore failed to answer last year. We're 12 games in already, with a guy who had 2 years previous experience running this offensive system. He's processing less out there than the average rookie QB from that standpoint.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
The hyperbole does nothing but stir up people.


My post was intended to be humorous. It requires a sense of humor.

GET SOME.


Maybe it is your lack of talent in the comedy arena that is the issue... :ann0y:


Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
The hyperbole does nothing but stir up people.


My post was intended to be humorous. It requires a sense of humor.

GET SOME.


Maybe it is your lack of talent in the comedy arena that is the issue... :ann0y:


Maybe, but I'm willing to bet it is more attributable to the reading comprehension impaired.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Hartline could've easily had himself another 200+ yard day and had 2-3 TD's if the ball was thrown better .


:)
Yeah right... LMAO!!!!


Apparently you watched the game with your eyes closed.

I agree....I don't know about 200, but I agree with your point.

With so few opportunities for big plays because of their lack of weapons, those couple that you do get you HAVE to hit on. Ryan didn't yesterday. Disappointing.


Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6118
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Quote:
Maybe, but I'm willing to bet it is more attributable to the reading comprehension impaired.

Now that was funny.


Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Hartline could've easily had himself another 200+ yard day and had 2-3 TD's if the ball was thrown better .


:)
Yeah right... LMAO!!!!


Apparently you watched the game with your eyes closed.



Nope, but did miss parts here and there, so I went back and read the play by play.
Hartline had 3 deep(20+) passes incomplete, one in the last 1:10 of the 4th. 2 of his incomplete were short. So had Tanehill thrown the ball better he would have had 5 more catches, even if in the perfect game where every pass is right on the money at an avg of 16.8 yard per catch in his 5 catches he may have had 160 yards..

Hartline was targeted 10 times. Now you can say Tannehill just didn't look for him, but he has been his hot read all year so that's unlikely.

I think there is a little more involved in the big picture than just accuracy.... Maybe I am wrong, but I just dont see some great team out there struggling because of one guy....

And Hartline had 245 with only 1 TD, no chance he would have 2 or 3... (thats sarcasm lol)

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
Nope, but did miss parts here and there, so I went back and read the play by play.
Hartline had 3 deep(20+) passes incomplete, one in the last 1:10 of the 4th. 2 of his incomplete were short. So had Tanehill thrown the ball better he would have had 5 more catches, even if in the perfect game where every pass is right on the money at an avg of 16.8 yard per catch in his 5 catches he may have had 160 yards..

Hartline was targeted 10 times. Now you can say Tannehill just didn't look for him, but he has been his hot read all year so that's unlikely.

I think there is a little more involved in the big picture than just accuracy.... Maybe I am wrong, but I just dont see some great team out there struggling because of one guy....

And Hartline had 245 with only 1 TD, no chance he would have 2 or 3... (thats sarcasm lol)


When in the hell did I say Tanny didn't look for him?

You speak as if 160 yards is pedestrian and as if it changes how those deep balls would've impacted the game. Yes, 2-3 touchdowns if he's led without being overthrown. Two on deep balls, one when we were in the redzone and Tanny missed him in the back of the endzone.

Sarcasm all you want. I mentioned nothing about a team struggling because of one man. You made up that argument. I fully placed a share of the blame on two catastrophic special teams miscues, but at the end of the day we're all waiting on Tanny to take advantage of those handful of plays that decide games .... especially vs. the caliber of a team like the Patriots. I'm not one of these people expecting us to field an unstoppable offense where players are open by 5 yards every single down and the O-ineman never get beat. People can rail on the "weapons" all they went, but the weapons we did have gave us a chance in this Pats game.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:04 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3756
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Phins Rock wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
The cowboys are a good team?


They're a talented team...

But I don't think your point is a good one. He said good teams have top TE's. Not top TE's are on good teams.


Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking to literally. My apologies to swerve13 for misunderstanding your post.


Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3197
Location: MA.
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Oh No, Eli just missed on his second deep pass in the 1st quarter....He'll never make it in this league


Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Kev1321 wrote:
Oh No, Eli just missed on his second deep pass in the 1st quarter....He'll never make it in this league


Scoreboard, Eli two Super Bowls. Eli already has made it and it's no wonder nobody will even care if he missed a deep ball. That's what happens when you earn that kind of trust.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3756
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
swerve13 wrote:
Makchell wrote:
it's what Aqnor does. Stirs the pot.

Why even post this? Pot meet kettle.


no, i bring my opinion. He just drops little candy butt comments in the middle of the discussion. His comment was irrelevent.


lol Thank you. I like it when you talk sexy. ; )


Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6996
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
lol Thank you. I like it when you talk sexy. ; )

LOL! He did say candy and butt.


Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3756
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Quote:
...

Asked if he agrees with pundits who say Tannehill cannot be fairly judged until he has a better supporting cast, Sherman said: “He’s evaluated every day with the people we have here right now. I’ve always thought this: Really great quarterbacks make those around him better.

“I don’t think the book on Ryan Tannehill is written just yet. There will be a lot of good chapters, a lot of great chapters. But eventually, the benchmark will be how good does he makes those around him. The really, really good quarterbacks make others play at a higher level.

“I’m assuming Ryan will be that type of player at some point.”

...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/03/3 ... rylink=cpy


http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/03/3 ... could.html


Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6574
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Makchell wrote:
because apparently these guys are expecting a rookie QB with minimal college experience to play like Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the NFL. Sounds fair to me.

I really don't think anyone is expecting him to play like Rodgers.


your words. Not mine.

Quote:
Randall Cobb and James Jones: 108 catches, 16 touchdowns Rodgers 4th and 5th options. Good QBs make recievers look good. Now RT isn't Rodgers and yes he is a rookie so I'm not to hard on him.


Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
Now you can say Tannehill just didn't look for him, but he has been his hot read all year so that's unlikely.

Rock Sexton wrote:

When in the hell did I say Tanny didn't look for him?

I did not say you did. I said you could make that argument. Your argument is fantasy world where every pass is perfect.
Rock Sexton wrote:
You speak as if 160 yards is pedestrian and as if it changes how those deep balls would've impacted the game. Yes, 2-3 touchdowns if he's led without being overthrown. Two on deep balls, one when we were in the redzone and Tanny missed him in the back of the endzone.

Sarcasm all you want. I mentioned nothing about a team struggling because of one man. You made up that argument. I fully placed a share of the blame on two catastrophic special teams miscues, but at the end of the day we're all waiting on Tanny to take advantage of those handful of plays that decide games .... especially vs. the caliber of a team like the Patriots. I'm not one of these people expecting us to field an unstoppable offense where players are open by 5 yards every single down and the O-ineman never get beat. People can rail on the "weapons" all they went, but the weapons we did have gave us a chance in this Pats game.


Hey if it makes you sleep better thats great.
But even the great QB's and the greatest QB performances of all time come with incomplete passes. Most QB's are between 50 - 70%, so no chance with Hartline targeted 10 times he catches all 10, even on a great day he misses 2 or 3. Its just football...

Every NFL media outlet that speaks of the Dolphins will tell you the same thing, # 1 priority is WR, we are not just weak at the position, the position barely exists. Bess & Hartline, that is our WR crew. Its not an excuse, its a fact.
I am not saying they suck as WR's, I am saying you cant win in this league with 2 WR's. And my belief is backed by our record...

You can argue all you want, but its not an excuse, its a fact... This team is weak at the WR position.

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6996
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
I’ve always thought this: Really great quarterbacks make those around him better.

This is what some of us have been saying for weeks and now the OC, Sherman validates it. Like said in another post regarding the Skins, Colts, and Hawks. The QB changed those teams around from losing seasons to playoff teams right now. Rookie or not, RT needs to start making plays. Some of the arguments I've heard is that RT is as "talented" as those guys. Why draft him then? You need that kind of "talent" to succeed in this league. Like SHerman said, the book is still to be written on RT.


Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
Hey if it makes you sleep better thats great.
But even the great QB's and the greatest QB performances of all time come with incomplete passes. Most QB's are between 50 - 70%, so no chance with Hartline targeted 10 times he catches all 10, even on a great day he misses 2 or 3. Its just football...

Every NFL media outlet that speaks of the Dolphins will tell you the same thing, # 1 priority is WR, we are not just weak at the position, the position barely exists. Bess & Hartline, that is our WR crew. Its not an excuse, its a fact.
I am not saying they suck as WR's, I am saying you cant win in this league with 2 WR's. And my belief is backed by our record...

You can argue all you want, but its not an excuse, its a fact... This team is weak at the WR position.


The quality of the other players around Hartline has nothing to do with Tanny missing 3 big game changing plays where Hartline had his man legitimately beat. Sorry fella. Keep spinning the excuse cycle all you want.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rock Sexton on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:00 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rock Sexton wrote:
The quality of the other players around Hartline has nothing to do with Tanny missing 3 big game changing plays where Hartline had his man legitimately beat. Sorry fellas. Keep spinning the excuse cycle all you want.


Yeah, you know me Rock. I'll defend Tannehill as much as I can possibly do (fairly)....but missing an open guy with a clean pocket is bad no matter how you spin it.

Given that he's made those throws all season, I'm not really that concerned. But those 2 misses killed us.


Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:04 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Yes, a wide receiver may be targetted 10 times in a game and only catch 6 or 7, but that may be because he was targetted 3 or 4 times while well covered.

In the two cases with the deep throws, Hartline was far from well covered and those should have been completed. There is no excuse and even Tannehill puts those plays all on his shoulders.

I can forgive him for the throw where Hartline caught it out of the back of the endzone. I prefer that throw to go too far than too short and get picked. With the lack of space that is a tough throw so I am not going to get on Tannehill's case about that one, but the two deep throws where there to be had and he screwed the pooch.

Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rich wrote:
Yes, a wide receiver may be targetted 10 times in a game and only catch 6 or 7, but that may be because he was targetted 3 or 4 times while well covered.

In the two cases with the deep throws, Hartline was far from well covered and those should have been completed. There is no excuse and even Tannehill puts those plays all on his shoulders.

I can forgive him for the throw where Hartline caught it out of the back of the endzone. I prefer that throw to go too far than too short and get picked. With the lack of space that is a tough throw so I am not going to get on Tannehill's case about that one, but the two deep throws where there to be had and he screwed the pooch.

Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.


On the second deep throw to Hartline, Brian was supposed to come back on his route, but once he had beaten the defender clean he decided to run down the field. Tannehill says his feet were set to throw short and just didn't get enough on the throw.

So an argument could be made that he doesn't deserve too much blame for that one.


Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:
Yes, a wide receiver may be targetted 10 times in a game and only catch 6 or 7, but that may be because he was targetted 3 or 4 times while well covered.

In the two cases with the deep throws, Hartline was far from well covered and those should have been completed. There is no excuse and even Tannehill puts those plays all on his shoulders.

I can forgive him for the throw where Hartline caught it out of the back of the endzone. I prefer that throw to go too far than too short and get picked. With the lack of space that is a tough throw so I am not going to get on Tannehill's case about that one, but the two deep throws where there to be had and he screwed the pooch.

Not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.


On the second deep throw to Hartline, Brian was supposed to come back on his route, but once he had beaten the defender clean he decided to run down the field. Tannehill says his feet were set to throw short and just didn't get enough on the throw.

So an argument could be made that he doesn't deserve too much blame for that one.


You bring up a good point, often times our offense requires the quarterback and the receiver to make reads on the play. Sometimes the receiver makes the wrong read and the quarterback throws it incomplete as a result. Watching it on TV it looks like the quarterback misfired. There was a clear example of that when Bess cut to the inside and Tannehill threw it outside in yesterdays game. In this instance, it sounds like Hartline and Tannehill were seeing the play differently. But regardless, Hartline straight dropped a pass that was right in his breadbasket. With regards to the one in the back of the endzone, I'll agree that it was a very difficult catch, but the fact that Hartline got one foot down and failed to get the other down makes me question whether or not he was focusing so hard on the catch that he failed to get the other foot down. I personally think that if the receiver can get both hands on the ball and get one foot down, then he should be able to get the other down as well. I saw Reggie Wayne make that same catch with relative ease against us earlier this year.


Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Well enjoy grabbing at those straws where if one or two plays went differently we would have won...
Because Brady over threw his WR's and they won...

Its pretty common knowledge, ESPN, NFLN, and every other place I watch NFL shows all seem to agree, there is a void left unfilled at the WR position this year...

When Cunningham, Moore, Wallace, Ocho Cinco, Armstrong, Gafney, Gates etc, suddenly emerges as a stars on some other team I may be able to believe that a great QB will make them better. But until then I will just see it as it is, poor evaluation of talent. Or bad coaching....

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:53 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
Well enjoy grabbing at those straws where if one or two plays went differently we would have won...
Because Brady over threw his WR's and they won...

Its pretty common knowledge, ESPN, NFLN, and every other place I watch NFL shows all seem to agree, there is a void left unfilled at the WR position this year...

When Cunningham, Moore, Wallace, Ocho Cinco, Armstrong, Gafney, Gates etc, suddenly emerges as a stars on some other team I may be able to believe that a great QB will make them better. But until then I will just see it as it is, poor evaluation of talent. Or bad coaching....


Still has absolutely nothing to do with what transpired in the Patriots game ..... unless it's a blowout, these games always come down to executing a handful of important plays/moments. You can rant on and on all you want about the talent among the rest of the unit. Regardless of that supposed "void" we still had plays out there that should've been made that would've turned the tide of the game.

I can see how this is going to go for a while .... some will ignore the existence of opportunity that was actually out there on the field, simply because we're not trotting out some high profile WR.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:47 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6996
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Well enjoy grabbing at those straws where if one or two plays went differently we would have won...

Actually, yes, in today's NFL 1 or 2 plays makes a huge difference between winning and losing. Ask Wilson for running into the kicker that was worth 7 points.


Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:30 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Supposed void? We traded a 1000 yard probowl WR that played with Bess and Hartline... That is not a supposed void, its a real one. Unless there is someone I am missing out there on Sundays

1 or 2 plays made better and we could have won this game, and at least 2 others...

What does that mean? Is Tannehill not a good QB? Are we wasting our time? Should we add QB to the list of needs this off season?

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:28 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3197
Location: MA.
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
After the Houston game he was never going to be able to get a pass over the line.


Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Kev1321 wrote:
After the Houston game he was never going to be able to get a pass over the line.


Look everyone, it's Captain Exaggeration!

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
Supposed void? We traded a 1000 yard probowl WR that played with Bess and Hartline... That is not a supposed void, its a real one. Unless there is someone I am missing out there on Sundays

1 or 2 plays made better and we could have won this game, and at least 2 others...

What does that mean? Is Tannehill not a good QB? Are we wasting our time? Should we add QB to the list of needs this off season?


Did you hear me say we needed to add a QB? That is Mak's suggestion and I could understand the pro's of drafting a QB later on to develop behind Tanny. Coaches talk about the handful of impact plays that decide games .... we witnessed a few of them that could've changed our fate. It's really not difficult to understand unless it's your expectation that this team come out and shallack everyone in their path because we're "loaded with talent!!!!"

Regardless WTF games are you watching? We're about to have two receivers eclipse 1,000 yard seasons. First time since the Mark's Brothers. If the core was as desolate as you make it sound, those guys would be blanketed and we'd be talking about two receivers combining for 1,000 yards. It's a helluva step in the right direction. Not only do they display great chemistry with Tanny, but they are playing their collective butts off in the face of unappreciative people like yourself who seem to think adding a big name to the core solves all the problems. It's a double-edged sword when it comes to that because while the chemistry is high, Tanny is also going to have to learn to spread it around a little more. Get out of the comfort zone. That does not mean I'm against adding more talent to the unit. That goes without saying.

I can only imagine the excuses I would get from you if it were Greg Jennings running the routes Hartline did on Sunday and Tanny missed him. You'd prolly byotch that he wasn't tall enough to catch the passes.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:18 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3197
Location: MA.
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rock Sexton wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
After the Houston game he was never going to be able to get a pass over the line.


Look everyone, it's Captain Exaggeration!


You will have something new next week...Moore lost the job in camp :ann0y:

FORUM BEHAVIOR FOR TOOLS 101: If someone disagrees with you, immediately derail the conversation by making comments about the individual poster.


Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Kev1321 wrote:
You will have something new next week...Moore lost the job in camp :ann0y:

FORUM BEHAVIOR FOR TOOLS 101: Exaggerate comments that nobody made


Fixed.

I'll be looking for your "it was the one-armed man's fault" explanation next week.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Your right, we are stacked at the WR positon and only loose because Tannehill cant throw

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
Your right, we are stacked at the WR positon and only loose because Tannehill cant throw


When you can quote me using the phrase "stacked at the WR position" I'll concede to your imaginary argument.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4677
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rock Sexton wrote:
When you can quote me using the phrase "stacked at the WR position" I'll concede to your imaginary argument.
[/quote]

I was being sarcastic because if you read our back and forth you will see we actually agree on most things.
I am not saying Tannehill throws the best ball and its perfect. I know he needs work, I assumed he needed it all along. I am also not saying Bess and Hartline are not good WR's that get open and make plays. And yes, a little less on one pass last week and we may have won it.. I am not going to cry over spilled milk when I figured the season was a wash before kick off...

You made a comparison to the Marks brothers. Here is a great comparison as I see it...
Rock Sexton wrote:
We're about to have two receivers eclipse 1,000 yard seasons. First time since the Mark's Brothers. If the core was as desolate as you make it sound, those guys would be blanketed and we'd be talking about two receivers combining for 1,000 yards.



1984 Dolphins had 5018 yards of passing offense. The Marks brothers combined for 2695 of that, not just impressive its down right amazing when you consider this...
The rest of the player catching balls combined for another 2323 passing yards, and they had just under 2000 yards rushing..

So while your comparison is nice and all, your missing my point completely. Bess and Hartline combine for 2000 yards this year is impressive. And I agree its a step in the right direction. See thats my whole beef with this nit picking of a couple bad throws by the kid. He has taken two guys to a level they have never been before. Its fun to watch..

My beef is this, right now the rest of our passing offense is on pace for 1000 yards as well, a big difference from the 1984 team..

So whats the problem?
If its Tannehill then why are Bess and Hartline having career years? Same goes both ways, if they were not good WR's then why are they so good with a rookie.
The problem I see is not Bess, Hartline or Tannehill.
Its other players struggling to get active in the passing game. And the blame goes on whoever thought it was a good idea to trade Marshall, and replace him with Ocho Cinco, and not draft a WR until the later rounds....

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5764
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
10acjed wrote:
1984 Dolphins had 5018 yards of passing offense. The Marks brothers combined for 2695 of that, not just impressive its down right amazing when you consider this...
The rest of the player catching balls combined for another 2323 passing yards, and they had just under 2000 yards rushing..

So while your comparison is nice and all, your missing my point completely. Bess and Hartline combine for 2000 yards this year is impressive. And I agree its a step in the right direction. See thats my whole beef with this nit picking of a couple bad throws by the kid. He has taken two guys to a level they have never been before. Its fun to watch..


I wasn't comparing Bess/Hartline's years to the 1984 Miami Dolphins WR unit. I'm saying having two WR's eclipsing 1,000 in the same season hasn't been done since the Mark's Brothers did it. Big difference. Just admit you never expected to see it happen based on how we all felt about the WR's before the season began.

Quote:
My beef is this, right now the rest of our passing offense is on pace for 1000 yards as well, a big difference from the 1984 team..

So whats the problem?
If its Tannehill then why are Bess and Hartline having career years? Same goes both ways, if they were not good WR's then why are they so good with a rookie.
The problem I see is not Bess, Hartline or Tannehill.
Its other players struggling to get active in the passing game. And the blame goes on whoever thought it was a good idea to trade Marshall, and replace him with Ocho Cinco, and not draft a WR until the later rounds....


Again, your litmus test of the 1984 season is outrageous. How many offenses have seen production like that besides the Vikings/Patriots/Saints?

I understand that we need to add another piece to the puzzle. My argument to you is that in the past you talked as if the passing offense is destitute because of the pieces already there and have severely understated the production of Bess/Hartline this year. It's pretty clear they're playing their asses off and they have great chemistry with our QB.

I myself don't expect this abundance of wide open receivers streaking untchouched every play. I just want my team to execute when the plays are out there on the field like on Sunday vs. the Pats. What good would it be to have more talent if we're not executing with the ones we already have?

From what I've watched, Tanny relies heavily on his chemistry with two guys. I think as a "growth" mechanism he needs to learn to work in the other players to see if they can produce. Matthews has the lone few times he through him the ball. Clay the last few weeks has shown he can.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21975
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Kev1321 wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
After the Houston game he was never going to be able to get a pass over the line.


Look everyone, it's Captain Exaggeration!


You will have something new next week...Moore lost the job in camp :ann0y:

FORUM BEHAVIOR FOR TOOLS 101: If someone disagrees with you, immediately derail the conversation by making comments about the individual poster.


Well played. Love the irony.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.