View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dolphins lose 3rd down battle 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins lose 3rd down battle
Dave Hyde wrote:
This third-down conversions are again the stat of the game for the Dolphins. Patriots were seven of 15. Dolphins were three of 13. Not good enough.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9935.story

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Dolphins lose 3rd down battle
This is so wrong. Miami's run to pass ratio on first down is running about 70% run to pass. Additionally, that ratio is only helped by being behind in the game late in the 4th quarter. I'd venture a bet that through the 3rd quarter that percentage of runs on first down climbs to about 85%. If you don't keep a defense off balance, you'll always be in 3rd and longs....btw...I love how 3rd and 3 is always a passing down with this team.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dolphins lose 3rd down battle
NFLJunkie wrote:
This is so wrong. Miami's run to pass ratio on first down is running about 70% run to pass. Additionally, that ratio is only helped by being behind in the game late in the 4th quarter. I'd venture a bet that through the 3rd quarter that percentage of runs on first down climbs to about 85%. If you don't keep a defense off balance, you'll always be in 3rd and longs....btw...I love how 3rd and 3 is always a passing down with this team.

Miami is very predictable in its play calling. That is one reason you see so many carries for negative yardage. How many times did we see Bush dropped for a loss yesterday? It also leaves Miami in way to many 3 and long situations. Holding penalties are also usually a drive killer for Miami. So much of their problem revolves around an O-line that struggles to open holes for the ground game.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]