View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tanny and Rashad 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
I was being sarcastic as far as "all his fault"

I do understand your point, this is a discussion board and the purpose is for us to discuss things with the Dolphins. So people have the right to join in and speak their mind..

Just seems like I heard all this before, like after every game the same discussion ensues over where RT stands.. I suppose its just par for the coarse when starting a rookie QB...

Its all good....

No worries, I just think that we are all so frustrated year in and year out. I get patience, but damn, enough is enough. Seattle, Colts, Redskins, they are all winning with rookie QBs and are in the mix and of coursem we are not.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:30 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Seattle, Colts, Redskins, they are all winning with rookie QBs and are in the mix and of coursem we are not.

The difference is that those teams were more "in the mix" in recent years than the Dolphins.

We have a long way to go from a talent perspective before we can be there.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:35 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The difference is that those teams were more "in the mix" in recent years than the Dolphins.

I believe that the Hawks won 5, Colts won 2, and Skins won 7. Hardly in the mix. I might be off by a game or 2 but the point is that they have added a QB and are potential playoff teams while we con't to suck. We find ways to lose games, whether its a botched punt, a defensive mistake, Not hitting deep throws or switching out RBs when one is hot and one is not.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
No worries, I just think that we are all so frustrated year in and year out. I get patience, but damn, enough is enough. Seattle, Colts, Redskins, they are all winning with rookie QBs and are in the mix and of coursem we are not.

Oh trust me I am with you on that one.. Got old a while ago...

I just think there are some other glaring issues with this team, and it just seems that RT is expected to perform miracles.
We have a weak WR group, as far as I see it we have 2 when most teams have 4+ that contribute. And our RB's/TE's are not picking up any slack in the passing game. Possibly because the line is so pathetic they cant block a 3 or 4 man rush so the TE's and RB dont make it past the line, which also makes me realize why we cant run...

Our defense looks half good, can stuff the run on most teams, but still cant shut teams down completely. And seem to love giving up passing yards all day. Having soo many 3 & outs on offense may be contributing to that...

Just seems there is plenty to talk about, yet each week the topics are all on a couple plays he made/did not make...

To me our priority this off season is looking pretty tough.. We need a couple WR's, TE, CB, S, T, G...
It looks to me like alot of players are struggling to find chemistry in the passing game..
Not sure how others look at it, but its RT's 5th year in Shermans system, I do not think he is having trouble learning the routes.. Specially being he use to run them as a WR..
Reggie is out of sync in passing, saw that yesterday which is making me understand why he isnt on more screens...

Seriously I could go on and on with all the other missed plays by other players...

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:49 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We have a weak WR group

I keep hearing this, but Hartline was open for 2 TDs yesterday and if the ball was lower add another one in the back of the endzone.

I just think there are some other glaring issues with this team, and it just seems that RT is expected to perform miracles

I agree here with you but the COlts, Skins and hawks are in the same boat as us. They all had losing seasons last year and add a QB (rookies as well) and they are in the playoff hunt. I'm just frustrated with the Fins and this board is my outlet.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 am

Makchell wrote:

I believe that the Hawks won 5, Colts won 2, and Skins won 7. Hardly in the mix.

I said in recent years, not last year. Before the Colts had a catastrophic 2011 season, they were perpetual Superbowl contenders. The Seahawks made the playoffs in 2010 and won a wild card game against the Saints and the Redskins have usually been in a Wildcard playoff hunt even if they don't make the playoffs. They are also in a usually tough NFC East.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
I keep hearing this, but Hartline was open for 2 TDs yesterday and if the ball was lower add another one in the back of the endzone.

I agree here with you but the COlts, Skins and hawks are in the same boat as us. They all had losing seasons last year and add a QB (rookies as well) and they are in the playoff hunt. I'm just frustrated with the Fins and this board is my outlet.

I think your first point only emphasizes that the receiving unit is not good. Miami can't make mistakes because the opportunities are so few when you only have one or two guys making plays. I'm not letting Tannehill off the hook for those throws, he blew those opportunities. I think Hartline's performance yesterday shows that another Hartline as opposed to an elite diva WR would make a dramatic improvement. 2 Hartlines, Bess and a disciplined Clay could produce some yards and points.

The Colts actually had a decent team but abysmal QB play. Same with the Skins. However, they drafted guys who might be once in a decade types. I'm still a little cautious to think RG III can stay healthy with the way he plays but still, his talent is off the charts. Wilson is playing well but he gets a lot of support from his surrounding cast.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
We have a weak WR group

I just think there are some other glaring issues with this team, and it just seems that RT is expected to perform miracles

Still we have Hartline and Bess and ....... Still waiting..... You cant win in this league with a high powered passing offense when only 2 WR can run a route...

I think there is more to the picture than simply one player.. I just dont see RGIII or Luck stepping into RT's shoes and having the same success with our team as they have with theirs..

We have a new staff, system, QB, and a bunch of the same players.. Skins and Hawks have the same coaches, system and alot of players, just upgraded the QB position.

Colts seemed to be in a rebuild, but they had a pretty solid team that outside of 1 year has been a factor for the last 12+ years.

So I do think there is a difference... We were a team in turmoil that added a first round QB, people seemed to think that mean we were contenders.. I expected 5 wins...

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:11 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Randall Cobb and James Jones: 108 catches, 16 touchdowns Rodgers 4th and 5th options. Good QBs make recievers look good. Now RT isn't Rodgers and yes he is a rookie so I'm not to hard on him.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2E0D7K6Qj

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Seattle, Colts, Redskins, they are all winning with rookie QBs and are in the mix and of coursem we are not.

We have a long way to go from a talent perspective before we can be there.

So we trade away our best CB...spend the rest of the season looking for fill-ins on the waiver wire. We trade away our best WR, disgruntled but new staff could've talked him into staying. We cut the best WR in the preseason, CJ. Who do you blame for the "lack of tlalent" on the roster? Guys like Ninkovich and others seem to find starting places on quality rosters but we continually cut players like this. Who do you blame? I mention Ireland and people on here go nuts, but he is hte only continuity left between the last 3 failed regimes.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Randall Cobb and James Jones: 108 catches, 16 touchdowns Rodgers 4th and 5th options. Good QBs make recievers look good. Now RT isn't Rodgers and yes he is a rookie so I'm not to hard on him.

Yes and Jones and Cobb also have the benefit of Jennings, Nelson, Driver and Finley. They've had a chance to develop and thrive when other weapons attract coverage away from them. Now they have developed into something good. And of course Rodgers being elite is the huge factor.

Can Tannehill make guys better? Maybe, I don't know. He sometimes looks the part. And I agree that we keep waiting for these other guys to develop while simultaneously fuming at the consistent disappointment. As I said earlier, if Clay becomes a consistent seam threat and Miami adds another guy of Hartline's caliber then it would be enough to make the offense competitive. Tannehill just needs to be accurate and have more opportunities to take chances.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
We have a weak WR group

Ya, the excuse is getting really old. Hartline could've easily had himself another 200+ yard day and had 2-3 TD's if the ball was thrown better.

I guess if we don't have 4 top flight receivers, guys are going to continue to moan and ignore what actually is happening on the field.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:28 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
So we trade away our best CB...spend the rest of the season looking for fill-ins on the waiver wire.

How has our best CB done this year?

Quote:
We trade away our best WR, disgruntled but new staff could've talked him into staying.

New staff didn't want him to stay.

Quote:
We cut the best WR in the preseason, CJ.

Hate to break it to you, but he looked terrible in the preseason. Who is he playing for now, anyway?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Quote:
Who do you blame for the "lack of tlalent" on the roster? Guys like Ninkovich and others seem to find starting places on quality rosters but we continually cut players like this. Who do you blame? I mention Ireland and people on here go nuts, but he is hte only continuity left between the last 3 failed regimes.

I blame Wannstedt, Saben, Mueller, Parcells and Ireland.

Years and years of poor drafting and personnel mismanagement have gotten us where we are today.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Actually hose guys have been more like 1-2 with the nagging injuries to Jennings and Nelson this year. They've stepped up their game huge.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:29 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Ya, the excuse is getting really old. Hartline could've easily had himself another 200+ yard day and had 2-3 TD's if the ball was thrown better.

I guess if we don't have 4 top flight receivers, guys are going to continue to moan and ignore what actually is happening on the field.

I have yet to hear anyone argue otherwise regarding what could have been against the Patriots with Hartline being wide open.

However, this is called anectodal evidence. Hartline gets behind a guy a couple of times for one game and yes, those throws should have been made and completed and gone for touchdowns. But it is one game. It isn't as if we're seeing Hartline get behind the secondary each week and getting overthrown.

I mean Julian Edelman got behind two Dolphins yesterday and Brady overthrew him even worse than Tannehill overthrew Hartline on the first deep pass. Are we suppose to infer some sort of larger picture from this one piece of evidence?

What is your view of what is happening on the field?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The excuses were laid out for Tannehill ALL year about his "lack of weapons" but the day Hartline creates enough seperation to create MULTIPLE 40+ yard passing TD play in open field, Tannehill completely blows it. Hartline would've been reason enough to win that game alone with the seperation he got, he should have had a phenomenal game, all the blame in that situation goes to the rookie QB.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Actually hose guys have been more like 1-2 with the nagging injuries to Jennings and Nelson this year. They've stepped up their game huge.

That's my point. They stepped thier game up huge becuase they have an "elite" QB.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
I have yet to hear anyone argue otherwise regarding what could have been against the Patriots with Hartline being wide open.

However, this is called anectodal evidence. Hartline gets behind a guy a couple of times for one game and yes, those throws should have been made and completed and gone for touchdowns. But it is one game. It isn't as if we're seeing Hartline get behind the secondary each week and getting overthrown.

I mean Julian Edelman got behind two Dolphins yesterday and Brady overthrew him even worse than Tannehill overthrew Hartline on the first deep pass. Are we suppose to infer some sort of larger picture from this one piece of evidence?

What is your view of what is happening on the field?

It's not just 1 game though. Bess and Hartline have continued to rotate as the "the guy" for the game depending on the coverage. An issue not discussed is that Tanny is the one doing all the pre-snap reading and it's my opinion that he still needs to learn to spread the ball around better. Clay has shown up in recent weeks, we got a guy in Matthews who when he finally gets in the game does seems to have a knack for getting open 20 yards down the field, and a guy in Fasano who for some peculiar reason is averaging only half of the YPC he previously had.

In regards to when Brady misses a guy ..... he has a resume to show that you need not make issue of it. Tanny doesn't have that chip on the table yet. Gotta make the plays on the field on a consistent basis before he starts getting a pardon. At what point are the training wheels coming off for a guy playing under the offense he played in college? We're 12 games into his rookie year already.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 am

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
The excuses were laid out for Tannehill ALL year about his "lack of weapons" but the day Hartline creates enough seperation to create MULTIPLE 40+ yard passing TD play in open field, Tannehill completely blows it. Hartline would've been reason enough to win that game alone with the seperation he got, he should have had a phenomenal game, all the blame in that situation goes to the rookie QB.

Is anyone disagreeing with this?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
It's not just 1 game though.

So Tannehill regularly overthrows receivers that are wide open behind the secondary?

Quote:
Bess and Hartline have continued to rotate as the "the guy" for the game depending on the coverage. An issue not discussed is that Tanny is the one doing all the pre-snap reading and it's my opinion that he still needs to learn to spread the ball around better.

I'm seeing a lot of situations where only 3 guys are running routes and guys are being kept in to protect, such as the running back and the tight end.

I'm not sure how a QB can spread the ball around in that scheme. And that scheme is clearly being run because our offensive line generally has trouble protecting against 4 rushers.

Quote:
and a guy in Fasano who for some peculiar reason is averaging only half of the YPC he previously had.

Fasano can't get open, I see it each game. He seems to have lost a step despite not having much of a step to lose to begin with. That and he is being kept in to block more often than not.

Quote:
Tanny doesn't have that chip on the table yet.

Agreed, but this is the first time we see this happen in a while.

Quote:
Gotta make the plays on the field on a consistent basis before he starts getting a pardon.

I'd love to see our wide receivers get behind the secondary on a consistent basis to give him the opportunity.

Quote:
At what point are the training wheels coming off for a guy playing under the offense he played in college? We're 12 games into his rookie year already.

The training wheels came off very early. Not sure what you're talking about.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:51 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
The cowboys are a good team?

They're a talented team...

But I don't think your point is a good one. He said good teams have top TE's. Not top TE's are on good teams.

it's what Aqnor does. Stirs the pot.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
You know when we loose its all his fault and his play is diminishing...

Just how the world looks through some peoples eyes, its not even worth arguing about anymore.. This site is like a bickering session...

and they say I'm crazy for pointing that out. Fickle Miami fans.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

I believe that the Hawks won 5, Colts won 2, and Skins won 7. Hardly in the mix. I might be off by a game or 2 but the point is that they have added a QB and are potential playoff teams while we con't to suck. We find ways to lose games, whether its a botched punt, a defensive mistake, Not hitting deep throws or switching out RBs when one is hot and one is not.

those 3 quarterbacks also have alot more experience than Tannehill. Nobody ever keeps that in mind. Those guys had full college careers. Tanny didn't. He had an odd path to the NFL.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Why even post this? Pot meet kettle.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Rich is pretty spot on here. If I'm not mistaken, RT has been pretty accurate with the long ball this year (maybe someone wants to look up that stat). He doesn't often miss the wide open guy. He was off yesterday, there is no doubt, but why are we making a mountain out of a molehill?

Also, Rich said it perfectly, if we want to see consistent long ball accuracy, it would be excellent if we could see receivers (don't really care who) get behind the defense consistently.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I think your first point only emphasizes that the receiving unit is not good. Miami can't make mistakes because the opportunities are so few when you only have one or two guys making plays. I'm not letting Tannehill off the hook for those throws, he blew those opportunities. I think Hartline's performance yesterday shows that another Hartline as opposed to an elite diva WR would make a dramatic improvement. 2 Hartlines, Bess and a disciplined Clay could produce some yards and points.

The Colts actually had a decent team but abysmal QB play. Same with the Skins. However, they drafted guys who might be once in a decade types. I'm still a little cautious to think RG III can stay healthy with the way he plays but still, his talent is off the charts. Wilson is playing well but he gets a lot of support from his surrounding cast.

exactly! Everyone's all up in arms because he missed Hartline deep twice, but Hartline still had a guy trailing close to him. Those passes had to be pretty accurate deep passes. Then watch RG3's deep completions. It's always a blown coverage or just a wide open guy that nobody covered. And then he gets high praise for chucking up a pop-fly! Good teams have 4 or 5 quality receiving options. Not 2. And like i said yesterday we are missing that tall, mismatch tight end weapon.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:

exactly! Everyone's all up in arms because he missed Hartline deep twice, but Hartline still had a guy trailing close to him. Those passes had to be pretty accurate deep passes. Then watch RG3's deep completions. It's always a blown coverage or just a wide open guy that nobody covered. And then he gets high praise for chucking up a pop-fly! Good teams have 4 or 5 quality receiving options. Not 2. And like i said yesterday we are missing that tall, mismatch tight end weapon.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

He missed an open Hartline 3 times on poor throws. Stop making excuses for him. Whether we had 5 great receivers out there or not, he still missed those!!!!!!! If he wants to be taken seriously by the fan base he has to capitalize. We're 12 games into his rookie year now, this isn't Week 1. Unless it's a blowout, games always come down to those handful of plays.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

Why even post this? Pot meet kettle.

no, i bring my opinion. He just drops little candy butt comments in the middle of the discussion. His comment was irrelevent.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Unless it's a blowout, games always come down to those handful of plays.

Some of you act like if had 4 WRs that we will be getting deep all day. Each game you have about 3 and you have to hit on at least one. Hartline was open and he missed, why are we blaming the recievers?

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 am

swerve13 wrote:
Everyone's all up in arms because he missed Hartline deep twice, but Hartline still had a guy trailing close to him.

On the overthrow, he was two or three steps ahead of coverage, at least. If Tannehill puts a little more air under it, it's a touchdown. That being said, it was only a slight overthrow.

The second deep ball was a pretty bad underthrow. Hartline had Talib beaten even worse than the first time, but had to basically completely stop to wait for the pass. The second missed throw was clearly the worst of the bunch.

Hartline was wide open, there was no guy "trailing close" to him.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Jazzy J 72 wrote:
Rich is pretty spot on here. If I'm not mistaken, RT has been pretty accurate with the long ball this year (maybe someone wants to look up that stat). He doesn't often miss the wide open guy. He was off yesterday, there is no doubt, but why are we making a mountain out of a molehill?

Also, Rich said it perfectly, if we want to see consistent long ball accuracy, it would be excellent if we could see receivers (don't really care who) get behind the defense consistently.

because apparently these guys are expecting a rookie QB with minimal college experience to play like Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the NFL. Sounds fair to me.

Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jazzy J 72 wrote:

So if he was "pretty accurate" previously, then we didn't have people getting open consistently?

2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Everyone's all up in arms because he missed Hartline deep twice, but Hartline still had a guy trailing close to him.

On the overthrow, he was two or three steps ahead of coverage, at least. If Tannehill puts a little more air under it, it's a touchdown. That being said, it was only a slight overthrow.

The second deep ball was a pretty bad underthrow. Hartline had Talib beaten even worse than the first time, but had to basically completely stop to wait for the pass. The second missed throw was clearly the worst of the bunch.

Hartline was wide open, there was no guy "trailing close" to him.

but he wasnt uncovered the way Santana Moss and Hankerson have been on some of those touchdowns for RG3

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 am

swerve13 wrote:
but he wasnt uncovered the way Santana Moss and Hankerson have been on some of those touchdowns for RG3

I watched the 4 touchdown game RGIII had in Thanksgiving.

The guys he was throwing to were just about as covered as Hartline was. On two of the long plays, one to Moss and one to Garcon, they were both double covered.

Conversely, the last time Tannehill hit Hartline on a deep touchdown, it was a busted coverage.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 am

The lack of talent excuse is out in force this morning. First off, Pennington took a pretty lousy 1-15 team and won the division. The Colts, Redskins, Seahawks etc only show how important a good QB is to winning inspite of holes on the team. RT gets to play the rookie card this year, that's cool. We have 4 more weeks of training camp. However given the plethora of draft choices next year and RT having a year under his belt there can be no excuses for the same old excuse again next year. Ditto for the coaching staff and Ireland. We were all willing to sit through a rebuilding year but it ends this year. Let's hope these fools don't win out like they did last year and ruin a shot at a difference maker in the draft. I'm personally sick of the excuses we make every year.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

because apparently these guys are expecting a rookie QB with minimal college experience to play like Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the NFL. Sounds fair to me.

I really don't think anyone is expecting him to play like Rodgers.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 am

Makchell wrote:

I didn't expect him to play as bad as Rodgers. I was expecting 5500 passing yards and 60 TDs to 2 INTs.

He's a bust. Time to draft a QB with whatever pick we get in the first round.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The lack of talent excuse is out in force this morning. First off, Pennington took a pretty lousy 1-15 team and won the division. The Colts, Redskins, Seahawks etc only show how important a good QB is to winning inspite of holes on the team. RT gets to play the rookie card this year, that's cool. We have 4 more weeks of training camp. However given the plethora of draft choices next year and RT having a year under his belt there can be no excuses for the same old excuse again next year. Ditto for the coaching staff and Ireland. We were all willing to sit through a rebuilding year but it ends this year. Let's hope these fools don't win out like they did last year and ruin a shot at a difference maker in the draft. I'm personally sick of the excuses we make every year.

I can hear it now, we can't expect a rookie WR to step in and make plays. It's a revolving door of new players and rookies with this team.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

In Swerve's World they did.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:

Maybe lack of depth as opposed to lack of talent is a better way of stating it. If Matthews could step up and be Hartline Part 2 and a TE could be a good red zone target the offense would be in much better shape.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next