View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Is Tannehill ahead of the rookie QB learning curve? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Is Tannehill ahead of the rookie QB learning curve?
swerve13 wrote:
Many a great QB have had horrible rookie yrs. & sometimes bad 2nd yrs. Troy Aikman was one. 9 Tds to 18 Ints. 2nd Yr 11/18. Many other examples. Either a coach believes in the guy or he doesn't.

And it's not just rookies, but veterans have bad games throughout the year. Heck, before Eli Manning broke out of his funk this past weekend, the previous 3 games he threw 0 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, and he has good receivers and running backs around him. He had a 52 QB efficiency rating throughout those 3 games.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:37 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
So every young QB who had to sit a series or two was wrecked?

So you ask a question about something I didn't even mention and then you ask me to back up what I didn't mention?

Typical Rock.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:44 am

swerve13 wrote:
Oh we forget you're the expert "all-knowing OZ" when it comes to quarterbacks. You're flat wrong.

That's probably why he gets his panties in a bunch when someone else mentions experts. In his mind, he is the only one...

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:50 am

Big Dave wrote:
Dang, some of you all argue stuff to death.

There are some great back and forth discussions on these forums.

Unfortunately, there are also some that get hijacked by wannabe attorneys.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Many a great QB have had horrible rookie yrs. & sometimes bad 2nd yrs. Troy Aikman was one. 9 Tds to 18 Ints. 2nd Yr 11/18. Many other examples. Either a coach believes in the guy or he doesn't.

And it's not just rookies, but veterans have bad games throughout the year. Heck, before Eli Manning broke out of his funk this past weekend, the previous 3 games he threw 0 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, and he has good receivers and running backs around him. He had a 52 QB efficiency rating throughout those 3 games.

Ya, look at Drew Brees last night. "5" interceptions. "5"!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone goes through their slumps. Tannehill is permitted to have his ups and downs. We as fans have to realize that, and stop living from the highs and lows from week to week.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 am

Phin wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Ya, look at Drew Brees last night. "5" interceptions. "5"!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone goes through their slumps. Tannehill is permitted to have his ups and downs. We as fans have to realize that, and stop living from the highs and lows from week to week.

Sorry, but Brees lost my Hall of Fame vote. I'm all for stripping his Superbowl ring as well.

However, if he throws 3 TDs and 350 yards the following week, he can have them back.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
thats the problem with most of the posters here bitching every time he makes a bad play to replace him with the journeyman backup. We are planning for a better future, not the same old 6-10 Dolphin team every year. The idea is to build around Tanny until we become one of those perennial playoff teams.

Who's talking about replacing him on every single bad play?

Oh that's right nobody.

Rich wrote:
Unfortunately, there are also some that get hijacked by wannabe attorneys.

Ya, like you're not a part of that. Dave was implicating everyone, not everyone but Rich. LMFAO.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:02 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
So every young QB who had to sit a series or two was wrecked?

So you ask a question about something I didn't even mention and then you ask me to back up what I didn't mention?

Typical Rock.

Did you not make the comment: "Then every young QB is weak-minded because all the experts ever talk about is that you don't bench a young guy because you shatter his confidence."

So again, Tanny's "confidence" would be shattered if he had to sit a couple series?

Hahah ... what are we talking about here? EMO pop warner football?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:06 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
The rest of our losses we were competitive. We lost by five to Buffalo, and had it not been for a missed fieldgoal and a late INT, we might have been able to steal that one. The rest of our losses were by a fieldgoal. We've been very competitive this year for the most part. Could our record be better, sure, we've made mistakes, but overall we're still doing pretty good for a team rebuilding with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback.

I'm only speaking to the Tennessee game.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Who's talking about replacing him on every single bad play?

Oh that's right nobody.

I think that's Swerve replying to one of my posts where I said we should draft a QB every year, he might have took it that I want to replace RT which is incorrect. The way the salary cap is structured now, why not take a chance? It's better than drafting a bust TE in the 3rd. I would love to hit a gem and trade him seeing that QBs are a premium in this league.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:47 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

basically everytime we lose a game the same 3 or 4 guys are on here instantly saying that Tanny is showing signs that he can't be our future quarterback and that he'll never be elite. You guys can't deny that you keep doing this all season. Then when we win it's back to high praise again. it's so ridiculous. "Must have Instant Gratification"

Like Dave and Phin have said, at times this year Eli and Brees have looked 5 times worse than Tannehill, and those guys are pro bowl QB's with Lombardi trophies.
Let the kid cut his teeth this season. No reason to panic unless he's still playing rookie ball in his 3rd season like Sanchez.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
basically everytime we lose a game the same 3 or 4 guys are on here instantly saying that Tanny is showing signs that he can't be our future quarterback and that he'll never be elite. You guys can't deny that you keep doing this all season. Then when we win it's back to high praise again. it's so ridiculous. "Must have Instant Gratification"

Like Dave and Phin have said, at times this year Eli and Brees have looked 5 times worse than Tannehill, and those guys are pro bowl QB's with Lombardi trophies.
Let the kid cut his teeth this season. No reason to panic unless he's still playing rookie ball in his 3rd season like Sanchez.

Who are these 3 to 4 guys who are instantly saying after every loss that Tanny is showing signs that he can't be our future qb and that he'll never be elite? Is this the same as the benching accusation you made earlier?

I don't see what you are saying going on at all.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Who are these 3 to 4 guys who are instantly saying after every loss that Tanny is showing signs that he can't be our future qb and that he'll never be elite? Is this the same as the benching accusation you made earlier?

They don't exist, just like the monster underneath his bed.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

sure they don't. Bunch of wafflers.

But When we win a Super Bowl with Tanny those same 3 or 4 culprits will be at the front of the line celebrating and calling him the greatest QB savior ever.
Whatever is convenient for you.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

But When we win a Super Bowl with Tanny those same 3 or 4 culprits will be at the front of the line celebrating and calling him the greatest QB savior ever.
Whatever is convenient for you

Answer the question, who are they? They exist in Swerve's World, Serve's World, it's party time,it's excellent...whoo whoo whoo.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

He isn't worthy of the 8 pick...He doesnt deserve a chance at playing this year...He should be on the bench.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Answer the question, who are they? They exist in Swerve's World, Serve's World, it's party time,it's excellent...whoo whoo whoo.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:16 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

LMAO!! How did you make that? I need to get more "techy". Noce job Rock.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
He isn't worthy of the 8 pick...He doesnt deserve a chance at playing this year...He should be on the bench.

Are you saying that you are one of the ones swerve is talking about?

If so, in your defense, I think the first two thoughts are different than the specific accusation that there were 3 or 4 who are instantly saying that Tanny is showing signs that he can't be our future quarterback and that he'll never be elite and/or calling for his benching after every loss.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Are you saying that you are one of the ones swerve is talking about?

If so, in your defense, I think the first two thoughts are different than the specific accusation that there were 3 or 4 who are instantly saying that Tanny is showing signs that he can't be our future quarterback and that he'll never be elite and/or calling for his benching after every loss.

Nah. He's referring to anyone who had the nerve to think Tanny should've been the backup for his 1st year ..... under the guise that he has himself had an impeccable record for picking successful players.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

Nah. He's referring to anyone who had the nerve to think Tanny should've been the backup for his 1st year year ..... under the guise that he has himself and impeccable record for picking successful players.
Exactly. I personally thought sitting Tanny for at least the 1st part of the year would have been the better play considering his inexperience coming into the NFL. However, from his play this year sitting him was probably not needed, but we do not know the results had he sat for the 1st part either.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Makchell wrote:

pretty pathetic waste of your time for someone who claims to be such a bigshot

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:15 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

you, Rock, Frustrated, Junkie....do we really have to pretend it isn't true

if you need evidence of your own comments here you go:

Quote:
To answer the question, yes he is showing warning signs.

Quote:
Great point. He can beat the blitz but not a zone D rushing 4. He better get it together or he will be joining Ray Lucas, Cleo Lemon, Henne, Beck and the rest of MIAs sorry butt QBs over the last 13 years. Ironic, 13 years.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

quote from PR:

Quote:
I can't believe the same people that preached "patience, he'll have rough games", are the same people who are all over the kid and already "don't see it" after 2 bad games.

Unbelievable.

he sees it too, and so do many other posters here. I'm not imagining it.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:37 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Tannehill is not the future of our franchise. He will become #18 on our failed projects list.
I would not touch him at #8. Maybe move back into Rd. 1 at the bottom to grab him, but he is not close to being worth a top ten pick

:)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:33 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Again, where does it say I want to replace him? Thanks proving it's Serve's World once agian.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:22 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Funny Swerve how you didn't pull all the positive things I have said about RT. Football is the biggest what have you done for me lately cliche and the above statements I stand by. It would be dumb to think that he is automatically the future just as it is dumb to replace him after one year. So you can keep posting your nonsense on the forums regarding me hating on RT. I believe this is the 4th or 5th thread I've posted regarding the issue, shame on me for wasting time on you when you clearly see things in your way in your world.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:28 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
edit: "deleted post from Mak"

Quote:
To answer the question, yes he is showing warning signs.

Quote:
Great point. He can beat the blitz but not a zone D rushing 4. He better get it together or he will be joining Ray Lucas, Cleo Lemon, Henne, Beck and the rest of MIAs sorry butt QBs over the last 13 years. Ironic, 13 years.

Do you really think that those quotes are evidence of this
Quote:
the problem with most of the posters here bitching every time he makes a bad play to replace him with the journeyman backup.

and this

basically everytime we lose a game the same 3 or 4 guys are on here instantly saying that Tanny is showing signs that he can't be our future quarterback and that he'll never be elite.
?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:30 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:
Tannehill is not the future of our franchise. He will become #18 on our failed projects list.
I would not touch him at #8. Maybe move back into Rd. 1 at the bottom to grab him, but he is not close to being worth a top ten pick

So was this quote from around the time of the draft or after a game this year?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:44 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Do you really think that those quotes are evidence of this?

Quote:

the problem with most of the posters here bitching every time he makes a bad play to replace him with the journeyman backup.

and this

basically everytime we lose a game the same 3 or 4 guys are on here instantly saying that Tanny is showing signs that he can't be our future quarterback and that he'll never be elite.

Thank you and your right, it doesn't.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:

Draft. AFCMiamiEast made the opening part of the comment & I replied about not taking him at 8.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:

Yep, it is funny to look back at some of our pre-draft thoughts. I remember saying that Matt Ryan wasn't worth a first round pick even after I saw him play my Wolfpack his senior year. He would have turned out to be worth our overall #1 pick that year. Hindsight is definitely 20/20.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:24 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:

Yep, it is funny to look back at some of our pre-draft thoughts. I remember saying that Matt Ryan wasn't worth a first round pick even after I saw him play my Wolfpack his senior year. He would have turned out to be worth our overall #1 pick that year. Hindsight is definitely 20/20.

Yeap, some do not have the back bone to put their opinion out there, but play the 20/20 card.

Tanny has been able to take advantage of not having to learn an offense while also learning to play in the NFL. Miami turned out to be the perfect spot for him. I do not believe he would be doing as well on another team with a different offense. In saying that I do believe he has the skills to be a productive QB in the NFL.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:

Man, i wanted Ryan or even the other Long. Saw him play alot for BC

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:

Who is he even quoting anyways?

Makchell wrote:
Funny Swerve how you didn't pull all the positive things I have said about RT. Football is the biggest what have you done for me lately cliche and the above statements I stand by. It would be dumb to think that he is automatically the future just as it is dumb to replace him after one year. So you can keep posting your nonsense on the forums regarding me hating on RT. I believe this is the 4th or 5th thread I've posted regarding the issue, shame on me for wasting time on you when you clearly see things in your way in your world.

You're talking to a guy who thinks Tanny already won a Super Bowl.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
pretty pathetic waste of your time for someone who claims to be such a bigshot

Nah. It was completely worth my time. Enjoyed every second of it.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:25 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He is still learning and that was evident today by missing Hartline twice. This TEAM is a few mistakes away from contending.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2