View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill approaches crunch time 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill approaches crunch time
Quote:
By Armando Salguero
asalguero@miamiherald.com

The season’s final month is about to begin for the Dolphins, and although the team isn’t necessarily causing a stir because a postseason berth isn’t a serious consideration at this point, there should be enthusiasm about what is coming the next few weeks.

Those weeks will speak volumes about what the Dolphins have at quarterback.

The next few weeks, the season’s final five games, might actually tell us more about Ryan Tannehill than everything we’ve learned since August when the rookie first stepped into uniform or onto a professional field and was still learning about his teammates or the speed of the game or the speed on our expressways.

The next few weeks offers no such excuses.

It only promises difficult challenges.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/30/3 ... rylink=cpy

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:24 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill approaches crunch time
Your point Armando?
So if he doesn't do well he is a bust? Is he just looking to set the stage for some drama here or what? We have a somewhat murderous December, I'm not going to hinge my opinion of the kid solely by how he performs this December.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:32 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Phin wrote:
Your point Armando?
So if he doesn't do well he is a bust? Is he just looking to set the stage for some drama here or what? We have a somewhat murderous December, I'm not going to hinge my opinion of the kid solely by how he performs this December.

Not to mention he is a rookie and most college players are winding down the season at this point. This will be the longest season Tannehill has ever played.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:59 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Let's not discount the fact that we will abandon the run this week and Tanny is gonna have to throw 50 times to keep up with the Pats.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Let's not discount the fact that we will abandon the run this week and Tanny is gonna have to throw 50 times to keep up with the Pats.

This team is going to have to produce over 5 YPC if they want to win, it only comes down to the pass if things get out of control. Reggie and Thomas (Mostly the O-Line IMO) has to perform great against them, slowly gaining chunks of yardage and eating up the clock to give rest to our defense who will surely be gassed if we have an outrageous pass/run ratio on offense.

I think NE is 10th against the run, and we did great against Seattle so they do not intimidate me as a fan. I seriously think we need to run the ball, giving both Reggie and Thomas near 15 touches individually to win, and most importantly behind picking up yards, rest the defense.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:51 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Another key is a pass rush with 4 lineman.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:55 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Another key is a pass rush with 4 lineman.

It's how the Giants beat them..And is why we were succesful against them in the past

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Makchell wrote:

This team is going to have to produce over 5 YPC if they want to win, it only comes down to the pass if things get out of control. Reggie and Thomas (Mostly the O-Line IMO) has to perform great against them, slowly gaining chunks of yardage and eating up the clock to give rest to our defense who will surely be gassed if we have an outrageous pass/run ratio on offense.

I think NE is 10th against the run, and we did great against Seattle so they do not intimidate me as a fan. I seriously think we need to run the ball, giving both Reggie and Thomas near 15 touches individually to win, and most importantly behind picking up yards, rest the defense.

Agreed. Miami needs to run the ball a lot to win this game.

Two big problems for Tannehill are that the Pats create a lot of turnovers and Miami's offense isn't built for a shootout.

A big plus is NE's d-line is banged up. It could limit their pass rush ability.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If you want to beat the Patriots you have to do three things. One, pressure Brady. Two, get off the field defensively on 3rd down. Three, offense and special teams cannot turn the ball over. If we do those things, we'll have a shot to win. If we don't, we'll see them light up the scoreboard quick.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]